• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're probably there advising the Lakers on how to most efficiently destroy your team by appointing an unqualified former player as boss.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're probably there advising the Lakers on how to most efficiently destroy your team by appointing an unqualified former player as boss.
Remember when Dan Marino took a high up front office job with the Dolphins then retired three weeks later because it cut into his golf time? Good times.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's been the best former player who's done a fine job taking over a franchise or at least has a high ranking position with a team? John Elway has done okay with the Broncos.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jim-benning-won-training-camp.jpg

LUCIC ISN'T IN LA ANYMORE?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinne let Mr. Ferkland score twice on him last night.

/to be fair, the first one went in of a Preds dman and the second was a perfect shot top cheese.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's been the best former player who's done a fine job taking over a franchise or at least has a high ranking position with a team? John Elway has done okay with the Broncos.

I'd need more time to think about it but Gene Michael is a name with some rings that comes to mind.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not his team and he hasn't been a real winner yet but Stevie Y has done a decent job.

Also that Mario guy has done alright.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a big fan of Paul Holmgren.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/btw ... has vegas made their final expansion installment payment to the league? :think:

are Foleys pockets that deep?

Golden Knights unlikely to be NHL trade deadline participants

why does this:

“We’ve been shooting for the 28th,” Foley said. “Originally the final payment wasn’t due until April 5. But then we moved it up to early March so (general manager) George (McPhee) can attend the general manager meetings in Florida the first week of March. Now we’re trying to move it up even earlier to be involved in the trade deadline, and I’m not sure we’re going to be able to make it.

“The money’s not the problem. We have the money. It’s signing off on everything, and I don’t know if we’re going to make it or not. There’s a stack of documents I have to sign to get this done that is unbelievable.

remind me of this ?

1456528343088.cached.jpg

/FAKE NEWS ?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are Foleys pockets that deep?

Golden Knights unlikely to be NHL trade deadline participants

why does this:

“We’ve been shooting for the 28th,” Foley said. “Originally the final payment wasn’t due until April 5. But then we moved it up to early March so (general manager) George (McPhee) can attend the general manager meetings in Florida the first week of March. Now we’re trying to move it up even earlier to be involved in the trade deadline, and I’m not sure we’re going to be able to make it.

“The money’s not the problem. We have the money. It’s signing off on everything, and I don’t know if we’re going to make it or not. There’s a stack of documents I have to sign to get this done that is unbelievable.

remind me of this ?

1456528343088.cached.jpg

/FAKE NEWS ?

Sad!

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a trade deadline thread? Maybe a mod can start and sticky one, but until then, might as well post here:

Don't know much about Hainsey, but he isn't someone that jumped out to me as a target, and definitely not for a 2nd round pick. But with Maatta and Daley out long term, and Shultz being an unknown, we definitely needed some added depth, so it is what it is.

What's interesting now, is that Maatta and Daley combine for just over 7 million in LTIR, and are projected to come back right around the playoffs. If they can *coincidentally* stay injured until Game 1, that gives the pens a lot of flexibility to add salary for a cup run. (Chicago did the same thing when they won their 2nd or 3rd cup, with Kane coming back for Game 2 of the first round, I believe.) Now, I don't know if the Pens have the assets to give away, but they could try to target some high-salary pending UFAs that other contenders simply can't afford to add. Should be interesting, and we'll see how creative GMJR can get.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a trade deadline thread? Maybe a mod can start and sticky one, but until then, might as well post here:

Don't know much about Hainsey, but he isn't someone that jumped out to me as a target, and definitely not for a 2nd round pick. But with Maatta and Daley out long term, and Shultz being an unknown, we definitely needed some added depth, so it is what it is.

What's interesting now, is that Maatta and Daley combine for just over 7 million in LTIR, and are projected to come back right around the playoffs. If they can *coincidentally* stay injured until Game 1, that gives the pens a lot of flexibility to add salary for a cup run. (Chicago did the same thing when they won their 2nd or 3rd cup, with Kane coming back for Game 2 of the first round, I believe.) Now, I don't know if the Pens have the assets to give away, but they could try to target some high-salary pending UFAs that other contenders simply can't afford to add. Should be interesting, and we'll see how creative GMJR can get.

Hainsey's best days are behind him for sure but he's decent. I don't value 2nd rounders as much others (they have about a 50% chance of playing 200 games int he NHL) but I think that's a bit pricy for Hainsey.

Fucking Pens!! Way to set the market high. :mad2: :heh:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks John Gibson out with a lower body injury - Millsy to Anaheim?

Status
Not open for further replies.