• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One positive, maybe

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things to consider here:

A losing team can still attract good recruits (See kentucky's #11 recruiting rating this year)

If Holgerson has another losing season next year, expect him to be gone and whoever is next will inherit a Jr and Sr loaded roster.

Louisville had a good rebound with Charlie Strong right after being Kragenthorped. Don't give up hope Jim. If HCDH does not work out, the program will be far from dead.

BTW, I am not happy with HCDH, I was not happy with HCBS and I was not happy with HCRR (Until White and Slaton), but I did not want any of them fired before their 4 year stint was over.

Unfortunately, we are training a head coach who has to learn when to go for it, when to call a time out, how to get 85 kids all angry at the same time for 60 minutes. Much of this can be learned, while hard to watch, HCDH is learning from his mistakes.

Just voicing my observations and concerns! I'm still a Mountaineer!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A losing team can still attract good recruits (See kentucky's #11 recruiting rating this year)

If Holgerson has another losing season next year, expect him to be gone and whoever is next will inherit a Jr and Sr loaded roster.

Louisville had a good rebound with Charlie Strong right after being Kragenthorped. Don't give up hope Jim. If HCDH does not work out, the program will be far from dead.

BTW, I am not happy with HCDH, I was not happy with HCBS and I was not happy with HCRR (Until White and Slaton), but I did not want any of them fired before their 4 year stint was over.

Unfortunately, we are training a head coach who has to learn when to go for it, when to call a time out, how to get 85 kids all angry at the same time for 60 minutes. Much of this can be learned, while hard to watch, HCDH is learning from his mistakes.

Another, what concerns me is that I don't think Holgorsen is learning from his mistakes. We see the same swinging for the fences type of play that makes for sloppy play. In the Texas game watching the plays being called for the run, I THOUGHT there was some learning going on, but the team was right back to the same old thing against Kansas. I am still seeing clock management issues, still seeing kids bringing KOs out of the end zone, still see three incomplete passes and a punt, still see a great running back not being used as he should, still see horrible play calling, bad sets, etc. If Millard had been under center on 2nd and one with 4 minutes left, WVU would have had the win against Texas.........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most level headed response about the situation...very good post.