• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One month to go, and the season is already done

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give JeDi and the brand new majority owners a chance to rebuild for real.

Agreed... Same old fans said the same thing about the Seahawks ownership over and over thru 2003... New ownership finally turned it around...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give JeDi and the brand new majority owners a chance to rebuild for real.

I'm OK with that, but if a rebuild is truly the plan then they need to trade Cano, Cruz and Hernandez this winter because those guys will be too old to be major contributors by the time the re-build is complete. But they could contribute right now if they were traded for prospects.

If we are seriously going into full rebuild mode, Seager is the only high priced veteran I'd keep because he should have at least 4-5 more years before his career decline sets in.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are seriously going into full rebuild mode, Seager is the only high priced veteran I'd keep because he should have at least 4-5 more years before his career decline sets in.
I'm in favor of keeping him on as a DH. Great with the bat, but his error count on defense...you'd swear he was already declining.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's team, as frustrating as it has been at times this season, is still only three games out with three weeks left. They've already leapfrogged one team that was ahead of them in the wildcard race and they're right behind a couple more. Nothing is "done" yet. I remain optimistic, but no matter what happens the rest of the season, it's time to hit the reset button as fans. All of our favorite punching bags are gone now and I think that now that a new regime is in place, it's time to stop putting each previous year's failure on the shoulders of the current team. There are 20 games left this season and the team is currently trending in the right direction. Let's enjoy the ride until it's actually over.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
streaky

lots to build on this offseason and into next summer

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me NOW is, if we end up ten games over .500 again, how badly will be fall THIS time? I'm anticipating this more than I really should...

"Force of habit, you could say," to quote Steve Winwood ("Freedom Overspill," 1986)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummmm

so this is awkward.

only 1.5 game back now. Man do the Mariners know how to F me up :tsk:

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to normal. All it took was Houston and Toronto to make them pack up and quit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to normal. All it took was Houston and Toronto to make them pack up and quit.
Lost track of the number of times some of you guys have declared the season over. I guess if you keep saying it, eventually you'll be right. Kinda like a bingo player. Play long enough, and eventually you'll win.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Regular Season Standings Major League Baseball

This says that the M's are 2 back with 10 to play, and Toronto and Baltimore play each other three times in that 10 game span while the M's play Houston three more times. The season is still not "over", as much as some people seem to want it to be based on the number of times they keep saying it.

This whole "The season is over" attitude for the past month is partly responsible for why the Toronto series looked like it was being played at Rogers Centre instead of Safeco Field. It was embarrassing seeing that many Blue Jays fans in the stands the past three days and while there probably still would have been quite a few of them in the stands no matter what, there's no good reason why they should have been able to take over the park that thoroughly. I never want to hear a "Let's go Blue Jays!" chant get that loud ever again.

Screw the past 14 years and this "Same old Mariners" BS! Every year is a new year and deserves to be treated as a new year, especially when half the roster, almost the entire front office/coaching staff and now the ownership pecking order is all new. This year's team didn't and doesn't deserve to be judged based on what the past 14 years of Mariners teams failed to do. They may end up on the outside looking in this year too, but damn it, when they're three games out going into a homestand, their fans shouldn't be outnumbered 2-1 by one of the visiting team's fans for an entire series. It was embarrassing and it pissed me off. I'm sure the players weren't exactly thrilled by it either. Hell, even one of the coaches "joked" about whether the M's should have been wearing their road greys for the series. Whether their own fans are going to be outnumbered by the opposing team's fans is not something that a team in playoff contention should even have to think about, much less talk about in interviews.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed to go 4-2 on this last homestand, not 2-4. Fortunately they are no further out of the wild card than when the homestand started. But they still blew a golden opportunity to gain ground. For the homestand, Seager, Cano and Cruz went a combined 9-64 for a .141 batting average. If they don't show up in these last 10 games - well - you know what will happen. Mariners can't rely on Jesus Sucre and Nori Aoki to bring the offense every night.