• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One day late but my predictions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you post this here if you are not going to respond to people...

By the way the Raiders haven't made it to the post season since 2002 not 2010. 2010 they only went 8-8 and lost the division by 2 games to the Chiefs and finished 3rd in the division. I didn't read any of the other divisions so far but at this point seems like something you might want to go fix real quick.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way the Raiders haven't made it to the post season since 2002 not 2010. 2010 they only went 8-8 and lost the division by 2 games to the Chiefs and finished 3rd in the division. I didn't read any of the other divisions so far but at this point seems like something you might want to go fix real quick.

So what if the Raiders haven't made the post season for a while? You seem pretty defensive about anyone predicting the Raiders to do better then your beloved Broncos. :rolleyes2:

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's picking the Pack to win it all. This feeds my inner homer. Feels good man.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders are one Derek Carr concussion away from 6-10. Only Cam Newton is more valuable to his team and he is in the same position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if the Raiders haven't made the post season for a while? You seem pretty defensive about anyone predicting the Raiders to do better then your beloved Broncos. :rolleyes2:

I was just pointing out that his article or whatever had something wrong in it. Like I said I only read the AFC West part and that stuck out because of just how crazy the drought has been for the Raiders. I understand the drought has to end some time and this is probably the most talented team they have had in quite some time so maybe it does happen. Yes I am not a big believer in the Raiders this year. I think Carr is an overrated QB and Del Rio is a terrible coach. They can both prove me wrong as plenty of players have done over time.

And it is not so much that people are predicting the Raiders to have success. I'm just more shocked that people are so quick to dismiss the Broncos because they lost an over the hill QB in Manning and a QB with only 7 starts to his name that were pretty mediocre. Maybe the Broncos don't live up to my expectations but I've never seen so many people pick against a Defending Super Bowl Champion team. I don't know how many websites I've been to that have them completely missing the playoffs and possibly even finishing 4th in our own division. Again it can happen but there is still quite a bit of talent on the Broncos.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out that his article or whatever had something wrong in it. Like I said I only read the AFC West part and that stuck out because of just how crazy the drought has been for the Raiders. I understand the drought has to end some time and this is probably the most talented team they have had in quite some time so maybe it does happen. Yes I am not a big believer in the Raiders this year. I think Carr is an overrated QB and Del Rio is a terrible coach. They can both prove me wrong as plenty of players have done over time.

And it is not so much that people are predicting the Raiders to have success. I'm just more shocked that people are so quick to dismiss the Broncos because they lost an over the hill QB in Manning and a QB with only 7 starts to his name that were pretty mediocre. Maybe the Broncos don't live up to my expectations but I've never seen so many people pick against a Defending Super Bowl Champion team. I don't know how many websites I've been to that have them completely missing the playoffs and possibly even finishing 4th in our own division. Again it can happen but there is still quite a bit of talent on the Broncos.

Most likely you would of hear and seen the same predictions even if Manning was back. Was kind of improbable winning with your QB situation last year, bit much to have folks think you can duplicate that again. You had to have a lot go right last year and mostly they did, just hard to believe everything lines up right two years running.

Also I don't care how much you deny it, you just hate to hear anything positive about the Raiders, especially predictions that they'll have a better year then the Broncos. You'd much rather see the Chiefs or Chargers come out ahead, then the Raiders. :nod:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people insist on posting predictions where the records don't equal .500?? If you're going to take the time to do it then do it right

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely you would of hear and seen the same predictions even if Manning was back. Was kind of improbable winning with your QB situation last year, bit much to have folks think you can duplicate that again. You had to have a lot go right last year and mostly they did, just hard to believe everything lines up right two years running.

Also I don't care how much you deny it, you just hate to hear anything positive about the Raiders, especially predictions that they'll have a better year then the Broncos. You'd much rather see the Chiefs or Chargers come out ahead, then the Raiders. :nod:

Not sure I have denied my hatred for all things Raiders. I'm objective enough to admit they have a much more talented team now than say 5 years ago. I can admit that they have the talent to actually compete for the playoffs and maybe this is the year they make it.

Usually though what we see is a Super Bowl champion team get the benefit of the doubt. Yes we have never had one start over at the QB position like the Broncos did this year. At the same time I guess I would just look at the Broncos history. They have actually been the most consistent franchise in the NFL since Bowlen took over as owner. They have never had back to back losing seasons and have had the best winning percentage of any NFL team during that stretch. And understand that while they have had great QB play during that stretch from guys like Elway and Manning they have also had guys like Tebow, Orton, Griese, and others and have still won. So they have always shown to have a pretty good structure from top to bottom to keep this team competitive.

Anyway even with all that I can admit I have no idea how this season will play out. I loved the fight I saw in week 1 from the team against a team pretty pumped up to come in and beat them after months of thinking about us beating them in the Super Bowl. Still a long season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on SportsHoopla.

I'm talking nation wide. I understand a message board it is going to happen. But we have seen analyst/experts across the country predicting the Broncos to just fall flat on their face this year. Again just have to watch and see what happens. I'm cautiously optimistic especially after watching them take a pretty good punch from the Panthers early on and fight back to win the game. That will to win looks like it is still present on this team without Peyton Manning at the helm. Usually bodes well for them having a positive record in games that are decided by a touchdown or less.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking nation wide. I understand a message board it is going to happen. But we have seen analyst/experts across the country predicting the Broncos to just fall flat on their face this year. Again just have to watch and see what happens. I'm cautiously optimistic especially after watching them take a pretty good punch from the Panthers early on and fight back to win the game. That will to win looks like it is still present on this team without Peyton Manning at the helm. Usually bodes well for them having a positive record in games that are decided by a touchdown or less.

The Broncos outperformed their expected win total last year. They replaced a Hall of Fame QB with a 7th round 2nd year player.

I think any reasonable observer would expect a drop off in performance for the Broncos.