• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On To Week 3 And.. Better (???) Things!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous boys.... I think the Titans DL is going to evaporate our O-Line. Can we convincingly score more than 13 points against the Titans? Fact we only get a 12 total AT HOME against the lowly 49ers is quite scary.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only put up 37 today. Whats there to worry about?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we score 1 more TD than in the previous game is the pattern, only a matter of time before we can outscore anyone!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its the 49ers but the thing about division rivals they know who we are they build their team to play us and they know what to expect when they see us. These interconference games can can go either way This will be Mariotas first time ever playing the hawks.

Guys if we held Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense to 0 points going into the 3rd quarter on their homefield on opening day there arent that many teams offenses that scare me to be honest. Unless we give up points on special teams or turn the ball over on the goal line I doubt anyone can consistently go down field and put up 37 points

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things we need to clean up.

The Defense
On D the 3rd down % is to high. Teams are converting almost 40% (39.3)of their 3rd downs.
Rushing D needs to really step up, giving up 121+ YPG right now. That needs to be sub 100
Oh almost forgot, stop jumping offsides!

The offense
Needs to improve from top to bottom, every last position. Oline, RB, WR, TE and yes even the QB position.
Seeing as everything needs to improve i suspect we might see players actually catching some passes next week and the running game might get going. OLine will still suck balls.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its the 49ers but the thing about division rivals they know who we are they build their team to play us and they know what to expect when they see us.

So true... For example, the Bills beat the Patriots 16-0 last year... Pat's only beat the Phins by 7 in one game and the Jet's by 5 in another... Conference play is always the toughest to predict because of the familiarity they have with one another... Yet, the Patriots went on to win the SB...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In week one vs the Raiders the Titans managed one TD and three FG's over four quarters. The Hawks have way more playmakers, and much more depth than the Raiders. This doesn't tell me that it's a guaranteed win, but it does say that our defense will give us a chance to win.

I also think we can't overlook the establishment of Chris Carson. They say we want to pound the ball, well here's your guy now pound it. No more competition, no more tinkering with the run game. Give it to Carson and see what he can do.

IMO, if we are going into this game deactivating Lacy then it's time to truly commit to the run game. In doing so we release Lacy and resign Reese.

At the end of the day, Mariota is gonna see a defense he hasn't seen yet in this early season. Two turnovers by our defense and we win.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think we can't overlook the establishment of Chris Carson. They say we want to pound the ball, well here's your guy now pound it. No more competition, no more tinkering with the run game. Give it to Carson and see what he can do.

BOOM!

Much easier to game plan when you know who is the rock in the running game... "The Rock", my new nickname for CC...

THE%2BROCK%2B(1996)%2B23.bmp

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOOM! Much easier to game plan when you know who is the rock in the running game

That's exactly my point.

If the Hawks commit to CC then it's one step forward for the offense, but if they continue to tinker it'll be a step back IMO. This doesn't mean he becomes Jim Brown, but it'll give the offense just a little bit more of an identity which is part in what they need right now. That brings confidence. Plus, he doesn't look like he will suck even in this offense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In week one vs the Raiders the Titans managed one TD and three FG's over four quarters. The Hawks have way more playmakers, and much more depth than the Raiders. This doesn't tell me that it's a guaranteed win, but it does say that our defense will give us a chance to win.

IMO, if we are going into this game deactivating Lacy then it's time to truly commit to the run game. In doing so we release Lacy and resign Reese.

At the end of the day, Mariota is gonna see a defense he hasn't seen yet in this early season. Two turnovers by our defense and we win.
If I understand you correctly, that would give us 2 FBs. Drop Madden and keep Lacy is a better plan if Reese is who you are after.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand you correctly, that would give us 2 FBs. Drop Madden and keep Lacy is a better plan if Reese is who you are after.

Touché.

Release Lacy and put Madden on the practice squad.

Sign Reese and promote Mike Davis.

:suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will let him earn one, hasn't done so yet.

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?!?!

Earn what? I'm not crowing his arse... No one knows if he's going to be the guy or not until he continues to prove people wrong, obviously... He's obviously the best we have at the moment, though...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earn what? I'm not crowing his arse... No one knows if he's going to be the guy or not until he continues to prove people wrong, obviously... He's obviously the best we have at the moment, though...

Wow for someone who asked for my opinion you seem touchy. You asked me to take a shot at it and i just said he has not earned a nickname yet.

Plus "the rock" come on be more original lol plus it doesn't fit for a RB but would be a good one for a olineman or a DT.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks commit to CC then it's one step forward for the offense...
Seems that's the destination, right? Had 20 more snaps than Lacy in week 1, then gets 20 carries in week 2 and was clearly the focus in the 4 minute offense to close out the game with a big 1st down when SF knew we were going to run it.

Hopefully what we see on Sunday is the next step up in Carson emerging as the main guy.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Bennett now raising a fist, a la black power, when he sacks a white QB. I hope a white player rings his bell and puts Michael Bennett on the IR. So sick of all the side agendas our players have. Russell Wilson would rather hang with the Hollywood social elite than his own teammates. Richard Sherman thinks he should be the offensive coordinator. Multi millionaire Michael Bennett's perceived oppression at the hands of whitey. Fuck em all. This team could have been a dynasty and they are just pissing it away because they aren't focused on a common goal.