• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On to Week 2 and better things

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense will improve, ours would too

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never too late to fire unproductive coaches
The Bengals firing their OC is the prefect example of what bad franchises do. The front office let two of their better OL walk, despite plenty of cap space and the replacements were going to be a work in progress. So of course it was going to be ugly for a time. Yet they throw their OC under the bus to appease fans like you.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals firing their OC is the prefect example of what bad franchises do. The front office let two of their better OL walk, despite plenty of cap space and the replacements were going to be a work in progress. So of course it was going to be ugly for a time. Yet they throw their OC under the bus to appease fans like you.

Amen, brother! :suds:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest guys I didn't think we were going to win that game regardless of the circumstances, going into Lamb field on opening day against the Aaron Rodgers and the packers I cant really think of a single team that could probably pull that win.

but looking at the remaining schedule is it to much to expect this team going 4-1 going into the Giants game? They say Odells injury might last like 6 weeks so if he isn't playing or playing hurt we can win that. You can argue that the only 2 games on our schedule that we should be worried about would be the Monday night home game against ATL and the Dec 24th game in Dallas it plays in our favor to play the AFC South this season which I believe was our superbowl season the last time this happened.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest guys I didn't think we were going to win that game regardless of the circumstances, going into Lamb field on opening day against the Aaron Rodgers and the packers I cant really think of a single team that could probably pull that win.

but looking at the remaining schedule is it to much to expect this team going 4-1 going into the Giants game? They say Odells injury might last like 6 weeks so if he isn't playing or playing hurt we can win that. You can argue that the only 2 games on our schedule that we should be worried about would be the Monday night home game against ATL and the Dec 24th game in Dallas it plays in our favor to play the AFC South this season which I believe was our superbowl season the last time this happened.
I actually think it's going to be a hard schedule, not that it discourses me. I see lots of tight games. The year the Seahawks won the SuperBowl there were lots of tight games and early on the OL stunk it up, for those that have the video check out the game against the Rams where the Seahawks won on a bomb to Tate. God that's a painful game to watch, because the Rams were destroying the OL. Got that on a CD. The NFL is tough, injuries and when they happen and to what unit make such a difference.
I like the Seahawks chances this year, but doubt that it's pretty most of the time. Health going into the playoffs, HFA, are some of the things that will tip the scales. In the meantime I expect plenty of gnashing of teeth as things aren't pretty, even when you think they should be. The usual will be calling for heads to be chopped off, even in victory, because they want a beautiful season where everything goes wonderful and if that doesn't happen, heads must roll.:pound:
You got to keep a sense of humor about the blood thirsty posters who can't handle adversity.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our OL and offensive problems extend far beyond one or two games.

The rams game you mentioned is a fine example.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our OL and offensive problems extend far beyond one or two games.

The rams game you mentioned is a fine example.
Yet they won the super bowl that year. Think Pete would give his left nut to have a Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson type talent on The OL. After all he believes in a power running game. They just are not available, so they do the best they can, just like in 2013. Do think they got off track some, trying to convert DL and TE to OL. Mostly due to being dismayed by how raw OL coming out of college are. Never the less Pete and JS are sticking to the philosophy of a power run game. I know this frustrates those that want a Saints, Packers, Pats type offense. Get the hell over it. The Seahawks are going to continue being a power running game, they'll take their lumps trying to develop it. It means few blow out, even against teams that seem weak, but always being in the game even against power offenses. It will come down to injuries to the OL more then anything IMO, but if good health to the OL happens, then a Super Bowl is within reach.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and for pete's sake, OL is a diluted position in terms of talent coming to the NFL these days... Too many spread offenses in college football, which makes it more difficult for OL talent to develop and be ready for the next level... they're learning curve is slowed down quite a bit... There are quite a few teams in the NFL that are having issues with their OL, more than usual... And there's a reason for that - the talent pool is thin coming from college... OL's in the NFL will continue to get weaker until the NFL changes their offensive philosophies and/or college football gears more towards NFL pro style offenses, that would help develop the OL position...

The likelihood of any team in the NFL to have another Walter Jones/Hutch combo is very unlikely...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they won the super bowl that year. Think Pete would give his left nut to have a Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson type talent on The OL. After all he believes in a power running game. They just are not available, so they do the best they can, just like in 2013. Do think they got off track some, trying to convert DL and TE to OL. Mostly due to being dismayed by how raw OL coming out of college are. Never the less Pete and JS are sticking to the philosophy of a power run game. I know this frustrates those that want a Saints, Packers, Pats type offense. Get the hell over it. The Seahawks are going to continue being a power running game, they'll take their lumps trying to develop it. It means few blow out, even against teams that seem weak, but always being in the game even against power offenses. It will come down to injuries to the OL more then anything IMO, but if good health to the OL happens, then a Super Bowl is within reach.

its so misguided to keep clinging to the "power running game" when the OL is 80% new every year and lacks talent in all those new spots. thats why it isnt working, and to think we have a SB within reach with this OL is terribly homerish.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tomorrow, the number of starts for Rees Odhiambo and Joeckel as Seahawks will be 100% more than what it is right now. The number of starts at current positions for Glowinski and Ifedi will be twice as many as well. Only Glowinski is the only one in that group who was even on the team as recently as 2015. I'm willing to give them a chance to figure it out instead of writing them off for the failures of whoever came before them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of injury does Sherm have?
It was described as some sort of hammy issue. He missed practice on both Wed and Thurs but apparently went thru yesterday's session ok. The latest from Pete is that it "appears he can play" or something like that. The headlines still say game time decision. The guys on 710 speculated yesterday that Pete may have been intentionally over-cautious on this after what happened last year with the near penalty for not reporting the minor injury Sherm played through for much of the season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman needs to be careful, I realize he's never missed a game, but we need him down the stretch and he needs to let that heal up, don't strain it more... He knows his own body though, so maybe it's not that bad, BUT a little injury can nag and nag if you don't let it heal properly..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman needs to be careful, I realize he's never missed a game, but we need him down the stretch and he needs to let that heal up, don't strain it more... He knows his own body though, so maybe it's not that bad, BUT a little injury can nag and nag if you don't let it heal properly..
Agreed....but it sorta seems like PC was purposely over-reporting this to take a swipe at the league for last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....but it sorta seems like PC was purposely over-reporting this to take a swipe at the league for last year.

That's a good point... I hope that's the case...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tomorrow, the number of starts for Rees Odhiambo and Joeckel as Seahawks will be 100% more than what it is right now. The number of starts at current positions for Glowinski and Ifedi will be twice as many as well. Only Glowinski is the only one in that group who was even on the team as recently as 2015. I'm willing to give them a chance to figure it out instead of writing them off for the failures of whoever came before them.

we watched glowinski and joeckel get completely blown up one on one last week, no amount of game time will fix a weakness like that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No amount!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we watched glowinski and joeckel get completely blown up one on one last week, no amount of game time will fix a weakness like that.
So since they played poorly last week means they'll be permanently bad and have no chance at all for improvement, despite the fact that each player was making his first start at those positions in a real game on this team? You're essentially telling me you've never seen a single player improve after week 1. Completely moronic.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not likely when your problem is being physically outmatched by a rotational DT.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare you try to be optimistic around here... :2cents::suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no amount? Even though Glowinski looked decent in a few games last year? After one game this season at a new position he hit his peak? LOL...