• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On to Super Bowl LII

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and the Eagles offense isn't laying an egg in the 4th quarter... Ajayi scares the piss out of me

This is not a home game where the Eagle will be up by 28 points in the fourth quarter and have 65,000 home fans screaming every time the opponent has the football. No other QB in this Super Bowl has experienced the pressure of an M-1 Tank rolling over them on asphalt except Tom Brady. The adrenelin and psychological pressure and how Foles will react to it are a complete unknown. He may be like Brady where his focus will be pinpoint or he could mentally collapse as so many others have done.

The Patriots have faced Ajayi several times. He's not an unknown. He's certainly no better than Fournette or Bell and the patriots have dealt with them.

Glimore will take Alshon Jeffrey, Butler will take Torrey Smith. Rowe will have Algahor The Safeties will pick up over the top unless they blitz.

Neither team will blow the other out. This could well be one of those "Last team with the ball wins".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a home game where the Eagle will be up by 28 points in the fourth quarter and have 65,000 home fans screaming every time the opponent has the football. No other QB in this Super Bowl has experienced the pressure of an M-1 Tank rolling over them on asphalt except Tom Brady. The adrenelin and psychological pressure and how Foles will react to it are a complete unknown. He may be like Brady where his focus will be pinpoint or he could mentally collapse as so many others have done.

The Patriots have faced Ajayi several times. He's not an unknown. He's certainly no better than Fournette or Bell and the patriots have dealt with them.

Glimore will take Alshon Jeffrey, Butler will take Torrey Smith. Rowe will have Algahor The Safeties will pick up over the top unless they blitz.

Neither team will blow the other out. This could well be one of those "Last team with the ball wins".
That's true about Foles, but there's always a looseness when playing with house money. The question will be this: Will he play with looseness because of the found money or will he carry the burden of a city who has just barely sniffed a couple of SB trophies?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pats are wearing the Whites I read.

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pats are wearing the Whites I read.
Yes, even though they are the designated "home" team. 3-1 wearing white, 2-2 in Blue, and 0-1 in Red

I wounder- if the Vikes had pulled it off, since the NFC is the "Away" team this year, would they have had to use the "Visitor" locker room in their own stadium?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, even though they are the designated "home" team. 3-1 wearing white, 2-2 in Blue, and 0-1 in Red

I wounder- if the Vikes had pulled it off, since the NFC is the "Away" team this year, would they have had to use the "Visitor" locker room in their own stadium?

That is a good question, I would think yeah they would.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will be using the Minnesota Vikings locker room and showers. The Eagles are using the Visitors.

Patriots supposedly will be arriving in Minneapolis next Saturday afternoon. They have three scheduled, No Visitors, No Media practices. Kraft is paying for private security and NFL security will not be allowed.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This had me laughing. Like the previous 7! :suds:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way the garbage cans, I mean Philly fans treated the Minn fans, there just might be more Pats fans next week....No way Minn fans hand over anything to those creatures.

Also I read that had Minn went to the SB, they were being allowed to stay in their own locker room....the NFL said so.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, even though they are 0-1 in Red...

Those red unis were AWFUL, so wonder they played poorly.
I imagine it would have been more controversy if Vikings made it to Superbowl, but they ultimately would have needed Patriots permission for their own locker room, and would have had to negotiate with choice of uni color.

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine it would have been more controversy if Vikings made it to Superbowl, but they ultimately would have needed Patriots permission for their own locker room, and would have had to negotiate with choice of uni color.
The "White" uniforms they lost to GB in XXXI in weren't much better....

88c76b1e676a46aa92d3b004d9c9b7a2.jpg

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some versions of that red uniform were better than others. Me? I like it when they where the red throwbacks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh its okay set em straight....they're likely Pats haters.
No...It was me. I can't type. I have to look at the keys and when I make a mistake I don't see it until I look up when I'm done. I miss half of them unless spell check alerts me. I've only been doing this since 1982. Eventually I'll memorize the keyboard or use a something that I can talk into.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some versions of that red uniform were better than others. Me? I like it when they where the red throwbacks.
I remember a sound clip of TB telling his teammate "these unis are awful...we look like idiots" (referring to the red) ...can't remember game off hand. It made me laugh because I thought the same thing.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...It was me. I can't type. I have to look at the keys and when I make a mistake I don't see it until I look up when I'm done. I miss half of them unless spell check alerts me. I've only been doing this since 1982. Eventually I'll memorize the keyboard or use a something that I can talk into.
Be happy you have a keyboard. I miss mine. My computer died for good last Saturday and I've had to adjust to typing everything with one finger on my tablet. ...it's annoying so far.

Fyi I've been doing this since December (message boards) but I have writing engrained in my brain so guess that helps with editing. It's all good though BigKen its not like that is a skill you need to survive at least.