• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On the edge of my seat

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are always terrible when it comes to the draft, but with GM Whaley we seem to have something special in that regard even for them. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what bizarre or inexplicable move they make soon.

There's little time left for them to trade up to get a player the caliber of which was waiting for them if they'd just been patient/smart and to mortgage a first round pick the next year as well.

What do you think? Draft a RB despite having like 5 of them? Go with another terrible QB to add to their long list of horrible QB selections? Or just pick a decent guy that adds depth at a position we are strong at while ignoring the 7 spots that need desperate upgrades? Anything can happen.

They've never drafted a kicker in the first round so that would make me smile.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is not terrible.

I was hoping for Reed or Doctson... maybe even risk Jack. I mean, it's not like Shaq is a clean bill of health.

Oh well... A+ for not picking Lynch!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is not terrible.

I was hoping for Reed or Doctson... maybe even risk Jack. I mean, it's not like Shaq is a clean bill of health.

Oh well... A+ for not picking Lynch!

lol...yeah i suppose it could have been worse. Go Bills!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded up from 49 to 41... hoping for Reed!

.....................?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ragland. My second choice!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid first two days of rebuilding the defense. Lawson and Ragland will be day 1 starters, with Adolphus in the inside rotation with Kyle and Dareus. Losing a pick to trade up and get Ragland was worth it, but still sucks lol. Thought they might snag LeRaven Clark, but can't argue with Ragland (or had they gone with Cravens).

Now to wait for the last pick in the 4th (#139)....sigh. 1 5th rounder (#156) and 2 6ths (#192 and #218) to close it out.

At least my Rams finally get to make some more picks, lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good one. Cardale Jones, upgrade on EJ. Taylor gets a little more reason to be better....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good one. Cardale Jones, upgrade on EJ. Taylor gets a little more reason to be better....

How do we know he's an upgrade? Small sample size at the collegiate level, one of these guys scouts know isn't ready but has a ton of "raw talent"...I'm not sold on him contributing at a significant level for this team. Time will tell.

I like Ragland. Didn't like the Lawson pick when other guys were available. The back end of their draft looked laughable. Do we really need to waste a pick on a RB?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know he's an upgrade? Small sample size at the collegiate level, one of these guys scouts know isn't ready but has a ton of "raw talent"...I'm not sold on him contributing at a significant level for this team. Time will tell.

I like Ragland. Didn't like the Lawson pick when other guys were available. The back end of their draft looked laughable. Do we really need to waste a pick on a RB?

Ha... because it's EJ! Anyone is an upgrade!

Late RB's make good special teamers. What RB though? Did I miss a pick?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha... because it's EJ! Anyone is an upgrade!

Late RB's make good special teamers. What RB though? Did I miss a pick?

1.19 Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
2.41 Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
3.80 Adolphus Washington, DT/DE, Ohio State
4.139 Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
5.156 Johnathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
6.192 Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
6.218 Kevon Seymour, CB, USC

I don't see where any of these picks are laughable. Listenbee is a burner, Williams was set to be one of the top senior RBs but was injured in August and missed the season (was still projected as a 3-4 round prospect), Seymour had a down year due to nagging injuries but at minimum will have an impact on special teams. Looks like the Bills were mining for bargains who slipped due to in-season injuries.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our last 5th round RB didn't turn out too bad.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.19 Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
2.41 Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
3.80 Adolphus Washington, DT/DE, Ohio State
4.139 Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
5.156 Johnathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
6.192 Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
6.218 Kevon Seymour, CB, USC

I don't see where any of these picks are laughable. Listenbee is a burner, Williams was set to be one of the top senior RBs but was injured in August and missed the season (was still projected as a 3-4 round prospect), Seymour had a down year due to nagging injuries but at minimum will have an impact on special teams. Looks like the Bills were mining for bargains who slipped due to in-season injuries.

We don't need a RB. Waste of a pick.

Listenbee will just be another on the ever-growing WR scrap pile of dudes they draft that amount to nothing more than replaceable parts at best (Watkins excluded). Cardale Jones not a fan of. Happy to be proven wrong, but I have the Bills two-decade track record on my side.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a RB. Waste of a pick.

Listenbee will just be another on the ever-growing WR scrap pile of dudes they draft that amount to nothing more than replaceable parts at best (Watkins excluded). Cardale Jones not a fan of. Happy to be proven wrong, but I have the Bills two-decade track record on my side.

I find it funny when you mock late picks. Are you expecting a starter? Listenbee and Williams will be special team guys. And I'm sorry, but your disgust of Watkins is laughable. Fast, strong, smart, great hands, plays through injuries. He's a top ten receiver man. I don't know how you can watch a game and not see that.

Your skepticism of QB is overly justified, but Taylor had 7 turnovers last year. That's really good. EJ is not even a capable back up, so bringing Jones in doesn't hurt... if they don't extend Taylor, then I'll be there with you, but I'm not getting upset with depth picks after three solid defensive picks.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny when you mock late picks. Are you expecting a starter? Listenbee and Williams will be special team guys. And I'm sorry, but your disgust of Watkins is laughable. Fast, strong, smart, great hands, plays through injuries. He's a top ten receiver man. I don't know how you can watch a game and not see that.

Your skepticism of QB is overly justified, but Taylor had 7 turnovers last year. That's really good. EJ is not even a capable back up, so bringing Jones in doesn't hurt... if they don't extend Taylor, then I'll be there with you, but I'm not getting upset with depth picks after three solid defensive picks.

You misread what I wrote. I was saying their drafts of endless replaceable WRs was laughable, but Watkins was EXCLUDED from that statement...meaning he's actually good. I still have gripes with what they did to get him, but he is a legit WR that isn't easily replaced.

The Bills are just one of those teams that will draft Best Player Available when only elite teams should be doing that. They also consistently draft players in positions that aren't needs and ignore ones that are. I'm quite happy with the RBs we have, but wasting a pick on another one? I know it's a late round pick, but it's the Bills...they squander so many picks they can't afford to minimize any of them.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misread what I wrote. I was saying their drafts of endless replaceable WRs was laughable, but Watkins was EXCLUDED from that statement...meaning he's actually good. I still have gripes with what they did to get him, but he is a legit WR that isn't easily replaced.

The Bills are just one of those teams that will draft Best Player Available when only elite teams should be doing that. They also consistently draft players in positions that aren't needs and ignore ones that are. I'm quite happy with the RBs we have, but wasting a pick on another one? I know it's a late round pick, but it's the Bills...they squander so many picks they can't afford to minimize any of them.

Sorry. My bad.

I agree, would have liked a little guard action in that 5th round, but oh well.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup... depth is good.

It's great once you've filled all the holes so far as starters. The Bills usually add depth before to other areas (RB is a classic example) before doing that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is OK at depth at G, don't know much about Groy. UDFA G Lalk was signed, along with OTs Lucas and Lumpkin and C Kugler. I can't imagine Lumpkin playing inside at 6'8, but have to think the others could be options at G, but I don't really know much about them.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great once you've filled all the holes so far as starters. The Bills usually add depth before to other areas (RB is a classic example) before doing that.

Yeah well, our holes were DL and LB. Took care of that with the first three. Back up QB, another hole. By the 5th round, it's fine to draft a guy who can compete for RB3....which we needed last year btw. Then a burner (maybe a returner?) and corner depth.

So what did we miss out on? Someone to push Woods/Hankerson? For about 80 targets? Talk about things not being worth it.

Good draft, imo.