• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ole Miss QB Shae Patterson transferring to MI?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a bust or was he SO GOOD that for an entire year, teams never ran or threw his way, thus giving him no stats?
If he goes to Michigan it means he was a bust, if he goes to Michigan State it means he is that good, if he goes anywhere else it means he redshirted.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the horses mouth:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ers-welcomes-pattersons-um-arrival/108538454/

“Everyone wants to create this new controversy with Shea coming in,” David Peters told The Detroit News. “If it makes the quarterback room stronger, if it’s going to push these boys and make Dylan better, Brandon better and Shea better, that’s a good thing. All these young men have NFL aspirations. If you think this is tough, what do you think the NFL is like? Why not learn these habits now.

“Brandon welcomes it. Like Coach (Jim Harbaugh) says, iron sharpens iron. I got reports that while Shea was there (last weekend). Brandon had his best practice. Every day it’s competition. Every day you’re being evaluated. Why would you not want it to be that way? Why wouldn’t you want your quarterback room that way?”

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Michigan it means he was a bust, if he goes to Michigan State it means he is that good, if he goes anywhere else it means he redshirted.

Exactly. But I think we can all agree — he didn’t make a single mistake last year for OleMiss.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh get out of here with that. You know what the 4 year recruiting average for OSU was entering 2016? It was 4. OSU came into 2016 with a four year recruiting average of the 4th best class. Michigan's had a couple great classes under Hoke that lead to Harbaugh's early success but Harbaugh had the #37 recruiting class in 2015 - partially because he had 3 weeks to put it together. The 2014 class Michigan ranked 20th. Those two classes are pretty much the entirety of our upperclassman the last couple seasons. So it's a bit much to expect the true freshman and sophomore talent from the 2016 and 2017 classes to hit the ground and make Michigan elite within a matter of two years. In the end, it's nothing like what OSU had in 2016.

Michigan, as a program is on the same name-level as OSU. Michigan as a healthy roster, was no where close the last few years.

Well apparently they aren't LOL. All their NC's are from the 1920's-1930's or earlier basically. You could call them fake blue bloods.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson didn’t play in 2017 — he redshirted. So kind of tough to go downhill when you weren’t on the field. You may be thinking of someone else?

No, I have a ton of Ole Piss buddies. It is one of the main reasons he did redshirt, bc he couldn't start.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well apparently they aren't LOL. All their NC's are from the 1920's-1930's or earlier basically. You could call them fake blue bloods.
For what Michigan lacks in national titles, they more than make up for in wins, winning percentage and B10 titles (from all decades).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I have a ton of Ole Piss buddies. It is one of the main reasons he did redshirt, bc he couldn't start.

So first it was that he went downhill and was 3rd string last year. Now you have Ole Miss buddies and he sat out because he wouldn’t start?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Tennessee on finally getting their new HC — only took their first 8 choices to say I’m not going near that train wreck before you got your man.:suds:
Thank you. I was being serious though. Past 5 years Michigan has finished either 3rd, 4th or 5th in the B1G east. This is a big pick up. Should lock up 2nd in the division.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So first it was that he went downhill and was 3rd string last year. Now you have Ole Miss buddies and he sat out because he wouldn’t start?

Here are some of the 'ton' of his Ole Miss buddies:

dero808.jpg

redneck.jpg

latest

the_redneck_games_640_05.jpg

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....Deontay Anderson's academic transcripts did not clear through the Michigan admissions process, so Deontay has just re-opened his recruitment. I guess Michigan does not accept the Ole Miss basket weaving classes.

Former Ole Miss S Deontay Anderson reopens recruitment

Of course you know what this means: Now come the Michigan fans saying that Deontay wasn't needed/wasn't very good anyways.

:harbaugh:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....Deontay Anderson's academic transcripts did not clear through the Michigan admissions process, so Deontay has just re-opened his recruitment. I guess Michigan does not accept the Ole Miss basket weaving classes.

Former Ole Miss S Deontay Anderson reopens recruitment

Of course you know what this means: Now come the Michigan fans saying that Deontay wasn't needed/wasn't very good anyways.

:harbaugh:

Definitely not. I would have loved to have him. Not his fault the B1G actually has standards to who they will and won’t accept.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh......Michigan tends to get in anybody they want in.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the horses mouth:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ers-welcomes-pattersons-um-arrival/108538454/

“Everyone wants to create this new controversy with Shea coming in,” David Peters told The Detroit News. “If it makes the quarterback room stronger, if it’s going to push these boys and make Dylan better, Brandon better and Shea better, that’s a good thing. All these young men have NFL aspirations. If you think this is tough, what do you think the NFL is like? Why not learn these habits now.

“Brandon welcomes it. Like Coach (Jim Harbaugh) says, iron sharpens iron. I got reports that while Shea was there (last weekend). Brandon had his best practice. Every day it’s competition. Every day you’re being evaluated. Why would you not want it to be that way? Why wouldn’t you want your quarterback room that way?”

It's great if there is a clear winner to the competition. It doesn't work out quite as well if it's unclear and the starter is looking over his shoulder afraid to make a mistake

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great if there is a clear winner to the competition. It doesn't work out quite as well if it's unclear and the starter is looking over his shoulder afraid to make a mistake
Totally agree with that. I have to imagine one of these guys steps up and wins the job outright. 3 talented QB's, one of them should be able to be the guy we need.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with that. I have to imagine one of these guys steps up and wins the job outright. 3 talented QB's, one of them should be able to be the guy we need.
Didn’t we hear this last year, after the spring game, with Speight, OKorn, and Peters?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t we hear this last year, after the spring game, with Speight, OKorn, and Peters?
Call me stupid, but I still think Speight would have settled down and been able to mimic the production we got out of him in year one. I don't think there would have been a QB controversy this year if Speight stayed healthy all year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me stupid, but I still think Speight would have settled down and been able to mimic the production we got out of him in year one. I don't think there would have been a QB controversy this year if Speight stayed healthy all year.
There was a QB controversy while he was healthy, what are you talking about? He struggled against the shit part of Michigan’s schedule and he would get better when he starts playing the tough part of your schedule?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a QB controversy while he was healthy, what are you talking about? He struggled against the shit part of Michigan’s schedule and he would get better when he starts playing the tough part of your schedule?
There was only a controversy if you are talking about the few fans on here that bitched every time Speight threw an incomplete pass. I think Speight needed some time, some actual game time, to develop something with his entirely new offense. It's the same reason our run game really started to improve towards the back end of our schedule. We just had too many new, and young, faces on the offensive side of the ball.

To that point, I don't think the season turns out much differently. Maybe we pick up another win but that's about it.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will teach him class.
The cheating ways of the SEC will be whipped out of him.