• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ole Miss QB Shae Patterson transferring to MI?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will teach him class.
The cheating ways of the SEC will be whipped out of him.
How can Harbaugh teach class when he has no class himself?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Shea Patterson, other Ole Miss transfers at standstill awaiting eligibility ruling

Shea Patterson's transfer request to become eligible immediately at Michigan is at "standstill," his lawyer tells CBS Sports.

The quarterback and five other former Ole Miss teammates requested transfer waivers after Ole Miss was hit with NCAA sanctions on Dec. 1, 2017.

Over three months later, the NCAA, Ole Miss and Michigan are still in process of determining whether those players sit out the typical year in residence for transfers or receive a waiver to be eligible immediately for the 2018 season.

On Feb. 26, Mars said the NCAA received what is being referred to as the full application package from Michigan regarding Patterson's waive request. However, until Ole Miss officially receives the same package from the NCAA, a 10-day waiting period for Ole Miss to review the request doesn't even begin.

Complicating matters, Ole Miss actually received that package as a courtesy from Michigan. Because it didn't officially come from the NCAA, the 10-day clock did not start ticking.

"So, from a technical rules perspective, despite having all the information for the past two weeks, Old Miss could continue to keep its position on the Shea Patterson waiver request to itself for at least another two weeks," Mars said.

Once Ole Miss officially receives the package from the NCAA, it has 10 business days to respond. It can make a favorable response, a negative response or no response. The NCAA would then rule at some point after.

Last month, CBS Sports reported details of those waiver requests. The players produced smartphone and text interactions that seem to support their claims that Freeze misled them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of time this is taking is ridiculous. There must be something on one of these players accepting money or else why would it take months to make a decision.

I’m torn on this one. If the NCAA lets Shea play, we can (hopefully) stop hearing Michigan fans cry about how Harbaugh doesn’t have “his guy” at quarterback and maybe they can stop making excuses for his losses. On the other hand, if he isn’t eligible, all they have are young quarterbacks and it sets the program back even farther, plus it seems a waste to have Patterson play in 2019 since he will most likely be gone in the 2020 draft.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of time this is taking is ridiculous. There must be something on one of these players accepting money or else why would it take months to make a decision.

I’m torn on this one. If the NCAA lets Shea play, we can (hopefully) stop hearing Michigan fans cry about how Harbaugh doesn’t have “his guy” at quarterback and maybe they can stop making excuses for his losses. On the other hand, if he isn’t eligible, all they have are young quarterbacks and it sets the program back even farther, plus it seems a waste to have Patterson play in 2019 since he will most likely be gone in the 2020 draft.
I don't know, seems to me like Ole Miss is purposefully being difficult.

As for Harbaugh, he seemed pretty self critical in this interview he did this week. It seems like he's identified what he, as a coach, did wrong with the QB's and has implemented steps to correct that. What happened last year makes a lot more sense with the explanation given below.

Jim Harbaugh didn’t mince words about some of the problems that ailed Michigan's offense last season.

"It starts with what I felt like I could've done better,” Harbaugh told The Michigan Insider in an exclusive interview. “I didn't have a great year training the quarterbacks. I feel like that has to be better. And then identifying what we do offensively. Some of that is getting really good at the things we're good at and what our personnel fits. There will be less volume to (the offense). I felt like there were times where we would put things in and then run them in the game, but the players hadn't practiced it enough. That was a self-scout study of we had way too many plays that we didn’t run enough over the course of the season. What compliments our personnel the very best and then (can) the players execute those on game days? Those are two of the biggies."

In some instances, the self-scouting validated concerns Harbaugh began having as early as the 2017 season opener.

“I'll give you a real specific when it comes to training up the quarterbacks. I felt like where I made just a huge mistake was training in the offseason,” Harbaugh admitted. “In the spring practices and the training camp we go against our defense. It's offense against defense… one's against one's. We really did that exclusively in spring ball and a good 10 days or so into training camp. Our defense is different. They play a lot of cover one… a lot of press man. I felt like it was making us better. (I thought), ‘okay, we're going against a defense that is really good. They cover great, and the variety they bring in the blitz game… we've got to get that picked up.’ But I didn't feel like we showed them enough looks from the quarters, (or) enough looks from quarter-quarter-half, (or) enough looks of zone blitz.”

“It hit me way too late… during the first half of the Florida game. Wilton was throwing a dig over the middle about 16 to 18 yards, and he threw it high and it got intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Right there I am standing on the sidelines going, ‘this is what he's done for the last six months… throw exclusively against man coverage where there wasn't a safety, or two in this case, standing back there.’ You throw a ball versus man and you're trying to offset the throw to put it where your receiver can get it and not the defender. But you forget there's a safety waiting behind there. He just didn't have the time on task. Right then I vowed… this offseason we're going to spend a significant amount of time where our quarterbacks are going to see man, three-deep zone… they're going to see quarters, and all the different coverages we get from all the different teams that are on our (schedule). It was uncomfortable and hard to look at yourself in the mirror and say, ‘here's where mistakes were made,’ but mistakes were made and by gosh we're going to learn from it and be better. Right there, quarterback-wise, I did them a disservice and not going to make that mistake again."

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss has finally responded to Patterson's NCAA appeal and submitted it to the NCAA. I assume if they said anything other than, "sure, we don't care" it would be making headlines right now. So it seems without their objection, the ball is in the NCAA's hands.

Ole Miss responds to Michigan's Shea Patterson filing to NCAA

This is kind of a big deal for the kid because I can't imagine if he gets denied, that he'll have much of a shot at Michigan. Whoever starts this year will likely hang onto that job moving forward. It's either going to be someone with 3 or 4 eligible years left; which spans beyond Patterson's eligibility.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pattersons damn good, with him Mich becomes a different beast

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’d be sweet. It’s the right thing to do by the NCAA.
We all know he got paid to go to OleMiss. But at least maybe the QB excuse by Michigan fans can be silenced for one year.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know he got paid to go to OleMiss.

Yeah....one has to wonder about this kid's integrity. He's from Toledo, approx. a 45 minute drive to Ann Arbor up 23/223, and his parents are Michigan football season ticket holders, yet he goes to Ole Miss?

1253527972_money.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....one has to wonder about this kid's integrity. He's from Toledo, approx. a 45 minute drive to Ann Arbor up 23/223, and his parents are Michigan football season ticket holders, yet he goes to Ole Miss?

1253527972_money.gif
While OleMiss is throwing cash at every recruit under the sun. But the number one QB recruit in the nation, they got him legit?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1253527972_money.gif
Hearsay

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1253527972_money.gif
If I remember correctly, his brother was on staff at Ole Miss or something like that -- that's why we lost him in the first place. I have no idea if Ole Miss also paid him, but I think that's the bigger factor here.