Discussion in 'Ohio State Buckeyes' started by fishinabarrel, Sep 11, 2016.
"Basic" defense is obviously better than whatever the fuck OU plays.
Overall, it was more than I expected from this still very young team. Definitely, need to improve on things. Weber is getting better every week and Noah is a star in the making.
- D-line did improve this week but they need to become more of a force.
- O-line needs limit penalties but that just comes with time and experience.
- J.T. hasn't played his best the last few weeks. I know he can play much better. Some of those jump balls and deep throws the WR's made adjustments or the CB's didn't turn around, against the top teams with better secondarys it could be different.
I like where this team is heading though and the next couple weeks they have some weaker opponents and it will just help them gain experience and works on these things. Great game and GO BUCKEYES!
My thoughts after 3 games. I think this team is better than I originally expected. However, things to improve on.
1) Better on ST coverage. This is Urbs stronger area and the Sooners scored on the kickoff.
2) Need to be more disciplined on the OL. We will be playing tough road games in PSU, MSU, and Wisky. We need to get the plays under control and stop with the delay of games. Our timeouts are precious to have. No need to just throw them away for no reason.
3) As our young team continues to season, the playbook should expand. Having a bye week this early will help our guys big time imo. The conference play has arrived. No better way to hit the playbook than now on the bye week.
4) JT still needs to target other receivers. Brown is like last years Michael Thomas. We need to keep opposing defenses honest. Distribute the ball around to like a TE Baugh and other WRs. There will be defenses who will spy JT and double up on Brown. JT needs to get his timing down NOW.
Overall, I love where Urbs has this team at. Better than I expected or even imagined. I just had to knitpick in some areas where this team can improve.
Good new coming out on the Conley's injury. The update is hat he has a stinger. He's go to go.
Lol, so much for spell check. I write like I hit the bottle of Jim Beam.
1.) Durbin hasn't been kicking it very well in the corner. Barely getting it on the left side of the hash makes it tough with the way our coverage is designed
2.) Think this team is still getting used to both OCs in the box and it has been affecting getting play class in. Tough on e big fellas to continually sit in their stance with the slow communication. As the communication issues get worked out, I think these pre snap penalties will as well.
3.) Don't think we will see any sort of expanded playbook until bigger games. Also will rely on the communication issues getting resolved.
4.) Samuel and Wilson will continue being involved in the passing game. I think we saw so much from Brown bc of the massive mismatch there was between him and the corner. I agree Baugh needs to get more involved.
Separate names with a comma.