• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma vs L-M game thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game but looking at the stats it looks like Knight has some room for improvement.

Yes he definitely does. But if you watched the game you'd have seen the talent that is there. As of now I'm just chalking it up to a 19yr old kid's nerves. He really got it together in the second quarter and his receivers didn't do him many favors at times. We should know more after West Virginia, but he'll have his freshman moments.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoop's press conference after the game stated that Trevor Knight's first game performance wasn't like the performances he has been giving in practice and it was probably just nerves and will take time to adjust.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the D this. They held a good LA Monroe offense to a total of 166 yards and zero points. Just for a point of reference, Texas gave up 346 yards to NMSU. Now wasn't this whorn D supposed to be impregnable with all those starters (9) returning on the D?

I'd love to hear a certain few whorn fans explain that one to me......

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the D this. They held a good LA Monroe offense to a total of 166 yards and zero points. Just for a point of reference, Texas gave up 346 yards to NMSU. Now wasn't this whorn D supposed to be impregnable with all those starters (9) returning on the D?

I'd love to hear a certain few whorn fans explain that one to me......

Texas is nothing special again this year. I see them taking losses to Oklahoma, TCU, and maybe okie lite.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe what I am hearing here. Knight did fine???? What game were you guys watching? We have a QB who can't complete a pass! We are not going to run like that on every team we play and the D isn't going to pitch a shut out! 39% completion percentage and not being able to hit even the simple swing passes that are the staples of the offense is not nerves. If we are going to continue with this kid as QB we need to go back to running the wishbone!
Don't be so hard on the kid. You have us this week. Now if he can't complete 50-60% of his passes against WVU you can panic. Our defense is still horrid. You guys should move the ball at will. :doh:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so hard on the kid. You have us this week. Now if he can't complete 50-60% of his passes against WVU you can panic. Our defense is still horrid. You guys should move the ball at will. :doh:

This. :bawling: His confidence will be restored after the West Virginia game.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me, td is a good OU fan.

Thanks Wheat! And so are you.

I really hope you guys are right about Knight. I was looking forward to this season with Bell for his improved accuracy over Jones. Then this kid shows up making Jones look like the second coming of Johnny U. I love the big play potential but I was afraid we would see something like this from a freshman in his first start. Wonder what he is going to do when he hits the road for the first time against ND?????

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to show I'm not always negative, did you see Mike's D? That is the way an OU defense should play! The defensive line showed enormous improvement getting pressure and beating people one on one. That was so exciting to see. Re-watching the game now just to appreciate their performance. Maybe it will help me change my mind on Knight too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to show I'm not always negative, did you see Mike's D? That is the way an OU defense should play! The defensive line showed enormous improvement getting pressure and beating people one on one. That was so exciting to see. Re-watching the game now just to appreciate their performance. Maybe it will help me change my mind on Knight too.

The D looked pretty awesome. They'll keep them in pretty much every game.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Wheat! And so are you.

I really hope you guys are right about Knight. I was looking forward to this season with Bell for his improved accuracy over Jones. Then this kid shows up making Jones look like the second coming of Johnny U. I love the big play potential but I was afraid we would see something like this from a freshman in his first start. Wonder what he is going to do when he hits the road for the first time against ND?????

He's gonna run like hell and make some key passes along the way.

When teams start running the film through, they are going to be perplexed. WTF are you supposed to cover now? They threw the ball out of a 3 back set once!!! This is a good thing. More options, more balance, good good good. Now every BigXII defense that is geared toward defending the pass (most of them) is going to face what we encountered with Johnny Fuckhead.

The passing game will progress as the season continues. I guarantee it. First game you're going to focus on high-percentage passes and runs, with a new QB. Nothing too complex. He threw for 3 td's, demonstrating some touch, and only had one series in the fourth quarter.

I'm going to remain optimistic and patient. This team is capable of something special.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna run like hell and make some key passes along the way.

When teams start running the film through, they are going to be perplexed. WTF are you supposed to cover now? They threw the ball out of a 3 back set once!!! This is a good thing. More options, more balance, good good good. Now every BigXII defense that is geared toward defending the pass (most of them) is going to face what we encountered with Johnny Fuckhead.

The passing game will progress as the season continues. I guarantee it. First game you're going to focus on high-percentage passes and runs, with a new QB. Nothing too complex. He threw for 3 td's, demonstrating some touch, and only had one series in the fourth quarter.

I'm going to remain optimistic and patient. This team is capable of something special.

I think so too. Two of those TD passes were absolutely beautiful. The other was a nice play where the defender had to commit to either the pass or the run, either result in getting beat with knight.