• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma State offense in yo face!

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi. This is Obo. He can't wait to meet those boys.
i

Who?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you OU boys just cant come to grips with it can ya?

It's over, Bob Stoops aint walkin through that door. Yall are in limbo til that glorified interim HC earns his keep.
Yall just be happy makin a bowl this year, maybe even a GOOD bowl while the PROVEN HC's fight it out at the top of the conference.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's over, Bob Stoops aint walkin through that door. Yall are in limbo til that glorified interim HC earns his keep.
Yall just be happy makin a bowl this year, maybe even a GOOD bowl while the PROVEN HC's fight it out at the top of the conference.

giphy.gif

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah
I remember people saying the same thing about Barry Switzer.
Then he rolled up a 31-1-1 record and 2 NC's in his first 3 years.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be wary of KSU. They return a lot. Snyder is always dangerous when he has a bunch of upper Glassman.
Snyder has one foot in the grave. If OSU and Texas are going to make a move now is the time.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach bro 2.0 may be good but he is going to have growing pains. The fan base was growing impatient with one of the top 5 coaches in the sport so it will be interesting to see how they react to a couple of mistakes and 9 win seasons until he figures it out.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, how do you stop the Oklahoma State offense?

Let's see who is returning:

QB- AA candidate and legit 1st round pick in the draft

RB-Freshman AA and best prospect at the position in years.

WR-top 2 returning players at the position in a conference known for WR talent.

OL- lost our LT but return most everyone else

Let's see some key additions:

QB: no one new but the backups include a SR who is a game manager, a 4* sophomore, and a RS Freshman who has a better arm than Rudolph. Being honest, if our AA qb goes down I don't see us winning a natty but there is still enough talent for the offense to have a little fun.

RB: The Canadian Stallion is going to punish Big 12 defenses in the future. I think he gets some special teams experience and gets to punish Big 12 special teams on returns this year though. Hubbard doesn't have Tyreek Hill speed but he does have Devin Hester speed so look out when HE turns the corner. The other incoming Freshman is JD King. He was a freak in the weight room. I don't know if he will contribute this year but he is going to be the goalline back
Third and goal on the two and the squat defense won't know what hit them. We did have a RS Freshman named L'darrian Brown step up in the spring game. Look for him and Carr to kick some third down add this year.

WR-yeah this is the stuff. Johnson is third fiddle to our no 1 and 2 guys but he is the best WR on the team. He crushed it on the scout team and made our CB's look silly last year. It's his time now.

But wait there's more. In addition to 3 kids who w would be legit no 1 receivers at any program in the nation we have Ateman and Lacy. Both are seniors. Both are 6'4 or so. Both block like a TE. Both are scary in the red zone on a corner route.

Then we have Keenan Brown, our TE. A former 4* WR recruit, he broke his ankle as a freshman and spent his time off in the weight room. Went from 6'3 200 to 250ish so now he gets to pass block and catch things over the middle when McKlesky needs a breather.

It's funny I haven't mentioned Dillon Stoner or any of the 4* kids we have coming in yet. Amazing how deep we are at this position.

OL- got a grad transfer that will shore up LT. He was icing on the cake though. We had a couple of RS Freshman competing for it. They provide depth on the line now but we weren't screwed like the last couple of years in the trenches.

Tldr: to quote Dennis Miller, it's going to be an offensive orgasm in Stillwater this year

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me that coach Gundy has a good team this year?

th

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me that coach Gundy has a good team this year?

th

Half of one at least.

Defensively who knows. Dline will be good. We've recruited fairly well at linebacker but depth is a concern. In the secondary we have a grad transfer at cb and a bunch of RS Freshman/Sophomores so that will be fun.

It's not hyperbole to claim the best offense in the country. Our season will be defined by how we do at stopping the opposition though

Edit-deep down you wish your coach had hair as glorious as ours.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will be legit. Best WR group in the conference and a good QB to throw it to them.
Run game should be at least serviceable if not good which will make the WR's even better.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will be legit. Best WR group in the conference and a good QB to throw it to them.
Run game should be at least serviceable if not good which will make the WR's even better.
Best WR group is quite a statement. Not sure I but that.