• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma @ Ohio St.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee
I don't see any Texas fans coming to the defense of Oklahoma here.

What are they going to defend? You looked like a JV team playing the varsity last year against OSU on your home field.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not swinging from anything. I can't stand OSU, but doesn't mean I don't think they are much more balanced and talented than OU.

Only blind homers talk out of their ass in regards to rivalry teams. Would I love to see OSU lose? Absolutely. Do I think they will lose to OU? No.

Here/let me help you with that cock gobbling/you must be thirsty

• upload_2017-8-22_9-34-7.jpeg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not swinging from anything. I can't stand OSU, but doesn't mean I don't think they are much more balanced and talented than OU.

Only blind homers talk out of their ass in regards to rivalry teams. Would I love to see OSU lose? Absolutely. Do I think they will lose to OU? No.

You swing from Jimmy Jam's junk like Tarzan on a vine. And you might be the biggest blind meeeechegan homer on this site. By the way do you have your list of excuses ready? You're gonna need them, those assholes in ann arbor will have a down year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here/let me help you with that cock gobbling/you must be thirsty

You better watch it bub. It's probably only a matter of time before trustmeimwrong reminds all of us that Jimmy Jam's the bestest CFB ever because he played & coached in the NFL.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better watch it bub. It's probably only a matter of time before trustmeimwrong reminds all of us that Jimmy Jam's the bestest CFB ever because he played & coached in the NFL.

Well
My Head Coach has won the same exact number of Conference Championships as his head coach.
So there's that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well
My Head Coach has won the same exact number of Conference Championships as his head coach.
So there's that.

True. But Jimmy Jam has something no other current CFB coach has, a severe mental problem.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your defenses are different when facing teams outside your offense inept conference. Funny how you continue to refuse to address that.

Like I said, I'm not convinced they'll win. Just that they'll be far more competitive. They're replacing starters from positions of depth, but they're still bringing a top 3 offensive line. Our running backs will be fine running behind that line.

Look, I'm not trying to convince you because you're clearly intent on sucking off your rival which is sad. I'm just calling out your ridiculous narratives here that you seem so set in regarding defense in your conference and others.

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the B1G, as a whole, having elite athletes on the defensive side of the ball. There are really only 2 or 3 teams getting those kind of athletes. The rest of the B1G is mediocre on defense.

And I'm not putting OU down. I literally said, they are a top 10 team. They just don't have the talent on defense to beat the teams who can match their offense while limiting them with their defense. There are literally only a select few who can (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, USC with the right coach -- teams like that)

As much as I can't stand OSU, they are team others are striving to recruit like in the B1G, including Michigan. When your last recruiting class consists of five 5 star recruits, and 11 of the top 60 HS players in the nation -- that is something you usually only see from Bama.

If it makes you feel better, I'd take Oklahoma to beat Michigan handily this year, if you were playing us instead of OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well
So there's that.

He will have that going for him for quite some time if he doesn't win the Big 12 this year. Imagine what UT will do to OU, if Houston was able to do that to you.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have that going for him for quite some time if he doesn't win the Big 12 this year. Imagine what UT will do to OU, if Houston was able to do that to you.

The best chance your coach had to win a conference championship before he leaves was last year.
Enjoy it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has OU done recently to prove doubters wrong? It isn't like OU has lost on last minute TD drives to these teams. They have been blown out.

Like I said though -- I still think OU is a top 10 team. IMO, they don't have the defense to compete with the top 5 teams.

38-0, 31-0.

tOSU's win over Alabama is only 1 year removed from Oklahoma's win...and was nowhere near as convincing. I am not sure what the B1G has done recently to prove they are elite on either side of the ball.

From my perspective tOSU and Oklahoma look very similar and Michigan is Texas...a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the B1G, as a whole, having elite athletes on the defensive side of the ball. There are really only 2 or 3 teams getting those kind of athletes. The rest of the B1G is mediocre on defense.

And I'm not putting OU down. I literally said, they are a top 10 team. They just don't have the talent on defense to beat the teams who can match their offense while limiting them with their defense. There are literally only a select few who can (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, USC with the right coach -- teams like that)

As much as I can't stand OSU, they are team others are striving to recruit like in the B1G, including Michigan. When your last recruiting class consists of five 5 star recruits, and 11 of the top 60 HS players in the nation -- that is something you usually only see from Bama.

If it makes you feel better, I'd take Oklahoma to beat Michigan handily this year, if you were playing us instead of OSU.

Your comment about OU's defensive talent was definitely true last the few years but OU has also been hamstrung with a defensive coordinator (Mike Stoops) who is like an old dog with arthritis and nut cancer; he needs to be put out of his misery. This year's team has a lot more talent on it (finally!) so that won't be a problem for OU against anyone. What we don't know is whether Stoops has gotten any better himself since last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment about OU's defensive talent was definitely true last the few years but OU has also been hamstrung with a defensive coordinator (Mike Stoops) who is like an old dog with arthritis and nut cancer; he needs to be put out of his misery. This year's team has a lot more talent on it (finally!) so that won't be a problem for OU against anyone. What we don't know is whether Stoops has gotten any better himself since last year.

Mike will either go down in flames or coach his ass off as he looks to move on after this season seeing the writing on the wall with the hiring of Ruffin McNeil. Will be interesting to see. He doesn't have any excuses about the talent he has though. It's put up or shut up time.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike will either go down in flames or coach his ass off as he looks to move on after this season seeing the writing on the wall with the hiring of Ruffin McNeil. Will be interesting to see. He doesn't have any excuses about the talent he has though. It's put up or shut up time.

My intuition is telling me Oklahoma will have a game for the ages against Ohio State and pull off the upset. I saw Uwe von Schamann break their hearts in Columbus but what really stuck with me after that game (besides the game winning kick) was how the crowd was taken completely out of the game when OU was rolling in the first half. It was unbelievable. A lot of the OU fans were laughing and saying "wait until we start fumbling" and then shit! we started turning the ball over and the Buckeyes clawed their way back into the game and eventually got the lead. But OU eventually came back and won it. If, repeat if, OU can get up on them it will be up to Riley to keep the pedal to the metal and not go conservative. If we are playing from behind, it will be up to Stoops to start getting stops and a turnover or two to even things out. The whole coaching staff at Oklahoma is on the hook for this game. I just think we're are going to finally win a big game on the road in Columbus. My fear is an injury to Mayfield that kills us somewhere later in the season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will OU pull of the upset in Columbus?

untitledddsd.png :D

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My intuition is telling me Oklahoma will have a game for the ages against Ohio State and pull off the upset. I saw Uwe von Schamann break their hearts in Columbus but what really stuck with me after that game (besides the game winning kick) was how the crowd was taken completely out of the game when OU was rolling in the first half. It was unbelievable. A lot of the OU fans were laughing and saying "wait until we start fumbling" and then shit! we started turning the ball over and the Buckeyes clawed their way back into the game and eventually got the lead. But OU eventually came back and won it. If, repeat if, OU can get up on them it will be up to Riley to keep the pedal to the metal and not go conservative. If we are playing from behind, it will be up to Stoops to start getting stops and a turnover or two to even things out. The whole coaching staff at Oklahoma is on the hook for this game. I just think we're are going to finally win a big game on the road in Columbus. My fear is an injury to Mayfield that kills us somewhere later in the season.

If Oklahoma can pull this off it will be for two reasons. The offensive line won the battle in the trenches, and the defense managed the run and put pressure on Barrett and forced some turnovers and maybe even put some points on the board.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me, it was UM who finished ahead of Ohio State in PPG for the offenses led by Speight and Barrett (40.3 to 39.4)

Impressive that a game manager with De'Veon Smith as his starting RB could outscore the playmaking Barrett?

Once again -- if OSU returns all these guys and UM returns no one -- how does it makes this year a fair comparison? This is what I've been asking all along.

Seems to me -- OSU had two WR's go to the NFL, so did UM. UM had a TE go to the NFL, OSU could have but he decided to come back for a FIFTH YEAR (so he has been with Barrett the entire time). How is that not fair, yet this year is?
LOL, you had more rushing TDs. Way to try and spin the facts there. And you're answering your own question. If OSU returns these guys and UM returns nobody, it makes this year a perfectly fair comparison. Speight is facing the same challenge Barrett had last year. Barrett had new playmakers at every position starting - WRs, RB/HB, and TE.

I truly can't make this easier to figure out. In 2016, Barrett basically started from scratch while Speight had seasoned vets all around him on offense. Now in 2017, Barrett has a decent cast of experienced guys around him while Speight is starting from scratch. That is as easy as I can make it for you to understand. If you still don't get it, well, heaven help you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-0, 31-0.

tOSU's win over Alabama is only 1 year removed from Oklahoma's win...and was nowhere near as convincing. I am not sure what the B1G has done recently to prove they are elite on either side of the ball.

From my perspective tOSU and Oklahoma look very similar and Michigan is Texas...a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

I agree with the Texas Michigan comparison -- both big programs, both colossal (sp) failures for some time. UM has a head start on the rebuild, but UT should be very good once they start bringing in the recruits for the new HC.

With OSU and Oklahoma. I don't see the comparison, as OSU gets the top recruits in on both sides of the ball. I know they got smacked last year by Clemson, but it was a really young team. And that young team, made OU look horrendous on their own field.

It is part of the reason I say it will be much of the same this year when they play.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Texas Michigan comparison -- both big programs, both colossal (sp) failures for some time. UM has a head start on the rebuild, but UT should be very good once they start bringing in the recruits for the new HC.

With OSU and Oklahoma. I don't see the comparison, as OSU gets the top recruits in on both sides of the ball. I know they got smacked last year by Clemson, but it was a really young team. And that young team, made OU look horrendous on their own field.

It is part of the reason I say it will be much of the same this year when they play.

Yes. Because teams to progress or digress as the season goes on. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Because teams to progress or digress as the season goes on. :L

As I showed you from the last couple years --OU 'progresses' every year against Big 12 defenses. Then they digress when they face one of the top teams outside the Big 12.

Let's be honest with ourselves here -- the AAC had more players drafted into the NFL than the Big 12 did this past year. Not the ACC, the American Athletic Conference.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I showed you from the last couple years --OU 'progresses' every year against Big 12 defenses. Then they digress when they face one of the top teams outside the Big 12.

Let's be honest with ourselves here -- the AAC had more players drafted into the NFL than the Big 12 did this past year. Not the ACC, the American Athletic Conference.

I don't give a shit about the big 12. I care about Oklahoma. If ou and Ohio state played again at the end of the year, Oklahoma rolls. Blee dat.