• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma @ Ohio St.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were any other team like say Houston, or something like that, I'd do it in a heart beat. No chance would I ever collect on a wager involving OSU.

I think OU will win the Big 12, but they don't get the defensive recruits to beat top teams who can limit their offense.

Blah blah blah. Your defenses get lit up outside of conference all the time.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that we've played several games on paper, it's getting close to the start of the season and we'll see how these games really turn out.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah. Your defenses get lit up outside of conference all the time.

Like I said, I think OU takes the Big 12. I just think you will see what has happened to OU each time over the last few years when they played a defense with elite athletes on it.

OU pummels the Big 12, when you face the top teams outside the Big 12, it gets ugly:
2014: OU averages almost 40 a game. Scores 6 against Clemson, loses by 30
2015: OU averages over 40 PPG. Scores 17 against Clemson, loses by 20
2016: OU averages over 40 PPG. Scores at least 34 in every game, with the exception of OSU and Houston both losses.

I think OU is a top 10 team, but beating the teams bringing in elite recruits every year isn't going to happen very often, as the best defensive recruits want to play in the SEC, B1G, etc. and they aren't signing to play in the Big 12. Texas may help change that image now with their new hire. We shall see.

It is not meant as disrespect to OU. I think if they took apart the Big 12 and OU went to another conference, they reap big benefits in recruiting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're scared.

Ok.

Not at all. The bet would be like free money for me. I just refuse to profit off of 'them'.

Don't be mad though. You will still be the best team in the Big 12 this year. You should enjoy it, as it could be the last time in quite a while. If Herman could make OU look like that at Houston, it is only a matter of time before UT is the top of the division with the resources and recruits he will pull from Texas and beyond.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's retarded. So the entire season is only based on one game? If he blows him away, he'd of shown it throughout the entire body of work, which he did. 3,400 total yards/33 total TDs blows away 2,478 total yards/18 total TDs. What's hard to understand there?

Losses --- personnel. Ohio State returns 5 guys who each had double digit receptions last year along with 4 starting offensive linemen. michigan returns one guy with double digit receptions - a fullback - and 2 starting offensive linemen. Again, what's hard to understand here?

Seems to me, it was UM who finished ahead of Ohio State in PPG for the offenses led by Speight and Barrett (40.3 to 39.4)

Impressive that a game manager with De'Veon Smith as his starting RB could outscore the playmaking Barrett?

Once again -- if OSU returns all these guys and UM returns no one -- how does it makes this year a fair comparison? This is what I've been asking all along.

Seems to me -- OSU had two WR's go to the NFL, so did UM. UM had a TE go to the NFL, OSU could have but he decided to come back for a FIFTH YEAR (so he has been with Barrett the entire time). How is that not fair, yet this year is?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. The bet would be like free money for me. I just refuse to profit off of 'them'.

Don't be mad though. You will still be the best team in the Big 12 this year. You should enjoy it, as it could be the last time in quite a while. If Herman could make OU look like that at Houston, it is only a matter of time before UT is the top of the division with the resources and recruits he will pull from Texas and beyond.

Same song different verse. Blah blah blah. I remember the same garbage being spouted before ou and Bama played in the sugar bowl a couple years ago. Keep spouting. It will be fun to look back on.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in Oklahoma we would say that you've let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass.

Nut up or shut up, as it were. Pussy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same song different verse. Blah blah blah. I remember the same garbage being spouted before ou and Bama played in the sugar bowl a couple years ago. Keep spouting. It will be fun to look back on.

What has OU done recently to prove doubters wrong? It isn't like OU has lost on last minute TD drives to these teams. They have been blown out.

Like I said though -- I still think OU is a top 10 team. IMO, they don't have the defense to compete with the top 5 teams.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in Oklahoma we would say that you've let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass.

Nut up or shut up, as it were. Pussy.

Ok. Avatar bet for the entire CFB season. I will gladly make you sport a Texas Longhorn Avatar all year long.

I got Ohio. You got the flag football team. Nut up or shut up

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has OU done recently to prove doubters wrong? It isn't like OU has lost on last minute TD drives to these teams. They have been blown out.

Like I said though -- I still think OU is a top 10 team. IMO, they don't have the defense to compete with the top 5 teams.

The first game against Clemson was a joke. That team was a crap team that went 8-5. Nobody is propping that team up to anyone for anything. I don't give a damn what the stats say. That team was garbage.

The defense didn't lose the orange bowl to Clemson. They actually played very well that game and even went into the half with the lead off an interception. What lost that game was weak interior line play. Offense couldn't sustain drives because they didn't have the horses where it counted and the defense picked up some injuries and finally wore down. That game showed the staff that they were never going to compete with elite teams with the soft players on that interior line. Oklahoma has a top 3 offensive line now.

Ohio state... entire team was a mess. They wouldn't have beaten anyone with a pulse that night. But that's not the team that finished the year and I promise it won't be the team that shows up in Columbus.

Meanwhile, Ohio state plays Clemson and gets skunked 31-0. Your conference champion loses in a "who has the ball last" barn burner at the rose bowl giving up 52 points, and Michigan loses to Florida state giving up nearly all of their 33 points up after the half. But yeah, you guys all play elite defense, huh?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Ohio state plays Clemson and gets skunked 31-0. Your conference champion loses in a "who has the ball last" barn burner at the rose bowl giving up 52 points, and Michigan loses to Florida state giving up nearly all of their 33 points up after the half. But yeah, you guys all play elite defense, huh?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic to see a Michigan fan ball swinging from their Rivals nutsack.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it sport!
The first game against Clemson was a joke. That team was a crap team that went 8-5. Nobody is propping that team up to anyone for anything. I don't give a damn what the stats say. That team was garbage.

The defense didn't lose the orange bowl to Clemson. They actually played very well that game and even went into the half with the lead off an interception. What lost that game was weak interior line play. Offense couldn't sustain drives because they didn't have the horses where it counted and the defense picked up some injuries and finally wore down. That game showed the staff that they were never going to compete with elite teams with the soft players on that interior line. Oklahoma has a top 3 offensive line now.

Ohio state... entire team was a mess. They wouldn't have beaten anyone with a pulse that night. But that's not the team that finished the year and I promise it won't be the team that shows up in Columbus.

It is the same story, different year. OU is always a different team when facing Big 12 defenses.

Also, in CFB, every team is going to put up points. It is the way they set up the rules to favor the offenses. It is being able to limit another team.

You can say til you are blue in the face, we will see a different OU team, but OSU had a team full of first year starters on the road at OU and put up almost 500 yards of offense and almost 300 on the ground. Barrett and Weber are back. OU has no Perrine, no Mixon, no Westbrook and a new coach, yet you see the game being completely different now?

If I'm not mistaken, it is a night game at the Toilet, and OU will be the team with many new starters now in a hostile environment for the first time.

It won't be as ugly as last year, but OSU will win comfortably. And I HATE OSU, so that isn't easy for me to say.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same story, different year. OU is always a different team when facing Big 12 defenses.

Also, in CFB, every team is going to put up points. It is the way they set up the rules to favor the offenses. It is being able to limit another team.

You can say til you are blue in the face, we will see a different OU team, but OSU had a team full of first year starters on the road at OU and put up almost 500 yards of offense and almost 300 on the ground. Barrett and Weber are back. OU has no Perrine, no Mixon, no Westbrook and a new coach, yet you see the game being completely different now?

If I'm not mistaken, it is a night game at the Toilet, and OU will be the team with many new starters now in a hostile environment for the first time.

It won't be as ugly as last year, but OSU will win comfortably. And I HATE OSU, so that isn't easy for me to say.

And your defenses are different when facing teams outside your offense inept conference. Funny how you continue to refuse to address that.

Like I said, I'm not convinced they'll win. Just that they'll be far more competitive. They're replacing starters from positions of depth, but they're still bringing a top 3 offensive line. Our running backs will be fine running behind that line.

Look, I'm not trying to convince you because you're clearly intent on sucking off your rival which is sad. I'm just calling out your ridiculous narratives here that you seem so set in regarding defense in your conference and others.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee
I don't see any Texas fans coming to the defense of Oklahoma here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic to see a Michigan fan ball swinging from their Rivals nutsack.

Not swinging from anything. I can't stand OSU, but doesn't mean I don't think they are much more balanced and talented than OU.

Only blind homers talk out of their ass in regards to rivalry teams. Would I love to see OSU lose? Absolutely. Do I think they will lose to OU? No.