• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma @ Ohio St.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I'd like to see what Speight can do, but I'd keep him on a very short leash. I like Peters and look forward to McCaffrey.

What about Barrett? Accuracy has been his Achilles heel. And, who's the next man up?
...what?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB rating is the only thing he has over Barrett in Barrett's worst year as a full-time starter? That's not saying much of anything. QB rating also means about nothing. Logan Woodside, Mike White, Zach Terrell, Nick Stevens, and Ryan Higgins all had better QB ratings than Mitch Trubisky. Who would you rather have?

I pointed out earlier that 11 of his 18 TDs came against 4 awful teams. Pro ratings mean nothing, we're talking about college QBs here, and Barrett is worlds better and you know you'd rather have him over Speight. Maybe he'll get picked over Barrett, maybe not. The only reason would be his size and the team he plays on. That dude has shown nothing to make anyone think he has what it takes to be a pro QB.

For the record:
Brandon Weeden was taken before Russell Wilson
Johnny Manziel was taken before Derek Carr
Brock Osweiler was taken before Kirk Cousins
Ricky Stanzi was taken before Tyrod Taylor
Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbart, and Christian Ponder were taken before Andy Dalton

These are just from the last 5 years or so. I'm not sure how that has anything to do with our conversation. Barrett has been a wildly successful college QB as Speight hasn't really accomplished anything.

Except QBR isn't the only thing he had better than Barrett. He threw for more YPG (Barrett had 17 more yards but played in 1 extra game), he completed a high percentage of passes while averaging almost a full yard more per attempt.

As I said -- I'm not calling Speight a great QB, but he isn't what you'd call a game manager. Hell, one of his best attributes is his ability to throw accurately on intermediate and deep routes. It is one of the ONLY reasons at the end of the year, I think his shoulder injury hampered his throws, because he missed wide open guys repeatedly (which he didn't do until the injury)

And just an added note -- JT Barrett threw for 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions combined against Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson. The 3 best defenses he faced. He piled up his stats against the bad defenses. Just saying.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at thinking you didn't play shitty defenses. Patterson was considered a defensive genius. Now his team gives up points every weekend.

We did play some shitty defenses. It just isn't every week in the B1G as it is in the Big 12.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did play some shitty defenses. It just isn't every week in the B1G as it is in the Big 12.

You put most of the B1G in the Big 12 and they'd get their scoreboards lit up like a Christmas tree on a weekly basis.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get Oklahoma's back up QB's comment's on
The Fayetteville Arkansas police officers are faster than tOSU front seven. Baker Mayfield scores on the last play of the game. OU 36 - tOSU 35

Can you send that message to Oklahoma's backup QB?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put most of the B1G in the Big 12 and they'd get their scoreboards lit up like a Christmas tree on a weekly basis.

I know you want to defend the Big 12, but anyone who watches CFB knows defense is optional in the Big 12. It is also why the Big 12 is always at the bottom in NFL draft picks out of the P5 conferences. If I'm not mistaken, the AAC, not the ACC, the American Athletic Conference, had more players selected in the NFL draft than the Big 12. How is that possible?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you want to defend the Big 12, but anyone who watches CFB knows defense is optional in the Big 12. It is also why the Big 12 is always at the bottom in NFL draft picks out of the P5 conferences. If I'm not mistaken, the AAC, not the ACC, the American Athletic Conference, had more players selected in the NFL draft than the Big 12. How is that possible?

I agree to an extent about th talent level in the Big 12 being down. But having 10 teams does throw the numbers off when you compare the Big 12 to conferences with more teams. If you break it down per team it looks a lot different.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent about th talent level in the Big 12 being down. But having 10 teams does throw the numbers off when you compare the Big 12 to conferences with more teams. If you break it down per team it looks a lot different.

I agree with that, but the Big 12 had 21 players less than the next closest P5 conference this past year and 39 less than the top P5 conference. That is absurd. To have a non-FBS conference have more players selected than the Big 12 tells you about the level of talent in the league right now.

I do think with Texas bringing in a new coach -- they will help exponentially.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, but the Big 12 had 21 players less than the next closest P5 conference this past year and 39 less than the top P5 conference. That is absurd. To have a non-FBS conference have more players selected than the Big 12 tells you about the level of talent in the league right now.

Texas being down is huge. How many players did they have drafted? Was Foreman the only one?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except QBR isn't the only thing he had better than Barrett. He threw for more YPG (Barrett had 17 more yards but played in 1 extra game), he completed a high percentage of passes while averaging almost a full yard more per attempt.

As I said -- I'm not calling Speight a great QB, but he isn't what you'd call a game manager. Hell, one of his best attributes is his ability to throw accurately on intermediate and deep routes. It is one of the ONLY reasons at the end of the year, I think his shoulder injury hampered his throws, because he missed wide open guys repeatedly (which he didn't do until the injury)

And just an added note -- JT Barrett threw for 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions combined against Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson. The 3 best defenses he faced. He piled up his stats against the bad defenses. Just saying.
Yup, and he did that with how many returning starters? Let's see how Speight is this year when all of his upperclassmen NFL picks are gone. That's the only fair comparison, no?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
594198b8732db.image.jpg
I'm thinking your coach looks very similar to this cat...
41804CD100000578-4613902-image-m-54_1497720089456.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and he did that with how many returning starters? Let's see how Speight is this year when all of his upperclassmen NFL picks are gone. That's the only fair comparison, no?

You mean they are gone like Curtis Samuel and Noah Brown to the NFL? The same place Marcus Baugh could have went but decided to come back for a 5th year at TE?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way a 10 team conference can compete in this respect with a 16 team conference is if that conference had Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma and USC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way a 10 team conference can compete in this respect with a 16 team conference is if that conference had Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma and USC.

What conference has 16 teams?