• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma 2017 schedule/predictions/with commentary!!!

This Evaluation is Undeniable and Self Evident / unlimited responses

• Total voters

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be a QB in the NFL. He is a very good CFB QB in an option offense.

How the hell do you not go tot he NFL in some capacity, but come back another year in a position you won't get drafted at anyway, and maybe get hurt.

That has disaster written all over it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more confidence in that trip to KSU, than I would have thought. Dangerous place to play, especially if it is his farewell tour

Away team has a tendency to win that game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do you not go tot he NFL in some capacity, but come back another year in a position you won't get drafted at anyway, and maybe get hurt.

That has disaster written all over it.

I think Barrett's issue is. He is a very good college QB in that type of offense. Because he doesn't have the speed to transition to WR, like Braxton Miller and Terrell Pryor. So he'd basically be throwing away a year of college ball.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more confidence in that trip to KSU, than I would have thought. Dangerous place to play, especially if it is his farewell tour

OU's last few trips to Manhatten...

2015 OU 55 Ksu 0

2013 OU 41 Ksu 31

2011 OU 58 Ksu 17

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTEP - Win
Not much to say here except that it's, you know, UTEP.
Oklahoma is 3-0 all time vs. the Miners.

@Ohio State - Win
Can only hope that the inexperience that Ohio State brings at the QB position makes them pay.
Faulty ball movement and turnovers will save the day for Oklahoma

Tulane - Win
Since I really know nothing about this team, I'm going with big win for the Sooners.

@Baylor - Win
I don't see Baylor recovering from their demise.

Iowa State - Win
Oklahoma is 44-1-1 since Bud Wilkinson vs. Iowa

Texas in Dallas - Win
No way Herman turns that shit pile around in 1 year.

@Kansas State - Win
With Bill Snyder fighting throat cancer, I can see this being a long year for the Wildcats.
Get well soon Coach.

Texas Tech - Win
Mahomes is gone. This will be Kingsbury's farewell tour.

@Oklahoma State - Win
This one concerns me. Just keep my fingers crossed and hope they do what aggies do.

TCU - Win
Kenny Hill is no Boykin, and won't be getting any better in 2017.
He was so insignificant I can't even remember if he's coming back this year.

@Kansas - Win
This is the home stretch for the Sooners and will coast to an easy win.

West Virginia - Win
Florida transfer Quarterback Will Grier will fall flat.
WVU gets their shit pushed in.

Big XII CCG - Win
Whatever team, rinse and repeat, yawn.

Opinions/Corrections
Discuss
We don't roll that way... stupid gas people! :dhd:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we own KSU on the road. Home games scare me in that series.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Oklahoma going 11-1 splitting the Ohio St and Texas games. You fuckers can shit on our team all you want, but the current rosters have played to a draw 4 years in a row with a 2-2 split. No reason to think we can't upset you fuckers possibly this year. In fact, I believe the only reason I'm not confident in the game straight up picking us to win is Baker Mayfield. He is the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. Other than that, the rosters are very similar in talent.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Oklahoma going 11-1 splitting the Ohio St and Texas games. You fuckers can shit on our team all you want, but the current rosters have played to a draw 4 years in a row with a 2-2 split. No reason to think we can't upset you fuckers possibly this year. In fact, I believe the only reason I'm not confident in the game straight up picking us to win is Baker Mayfield. He is the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. Other than that, the rosters are very similar in talent.

So true. It will be a knife fight this year with OU probably pulling it out by 7 points. But it will be 60 minutes of great college football.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true. It will be a knife fight this year with OU probably pulling it out by 7 points. But it will be 60 minutes of great college football.

It goes to show just how important the QB position is to the vast majority of college football teams. Texas went through a spell where the roster was mediocre. I still believe a game changing QB would have covered some of those weaknesses. We will see how Buechele does under Herman. He wasn't terrible last year, in fact he was pretty damn good for a true freshman. However, I don't know how he fits in Herman's offense.

I think Oklahoma is the better team right now, however, for whatever reason, they haven't matched up the best with Texas the last few years. I'm guessing it has to do with our power running game and OU having smaller faster defensive players due to the Big 12 offensive style.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes to show just how important the QB position is to the vast majority of college football teams. Texas went through a spell where the roster was mediocre. I still believe a game changing QB would have covered some of those weaknesses. We will see how Buechele does under Herman. He wasn't terrible last year, in fact he was pretty damn good for a true freshman. However, I don't know how he fits in Herman's offense.

I think Oklahoma is the better team right now, however, for whatever reason, they haven't matched up the best with Texas the last few years. I'm guessing it has to do with our power running game and OU having smaller faster defensive players due to the Big 12 offensive style.

Oklahoma has changed its recruiting recently. I think you'll start seeing that as early as this year.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has changed its recruiting recently. I think you'll start seeing that as early as this year.

Well, I think that would be to your downfall. Big lumbering defenders got eaten alive by the Air Raid style offense like a decade ago. Unless you are just recruiting bigger players who are just as fast. Then carry on.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think that would be to your downfall. Big lumbering defenders got eaten alive by the Air Raid style offense like a decade ago. Unless you are just recruiting bigger players who are just as fast. Then carry on.

Definitely not recruiting big lumbering defenders, but we've upped our DB recruiting and we're recruiting more size in the middle of the defensive line, but guys who can move. We're not recruiting guys like Dimon who are undersized and get pushed around by physical lines.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are just recruiting bigger players who are just as fast. Then carry on.

I think we have opened up the checkbook because we're getting better players now than we did a few years ago.
About fucking time.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. We got whipped up front 2 out of the 3 past years in this series. Last year was the first time in 3 years we actually won the battle on the O-line. Really surprised how easily we ran the ball against Texas. This will be, by far, our best and deepest O-line we've had in a while but with Samaje and Joe off to the NFL it will be a extremely young and inexperienced backfield. Definitely something to watch and a question mark that will determine OU's success going forward IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We got whipped up front 2 out of the 3 past years in this series. Last year was the first time in 3 years we actually won the battle on the O-line. Really surprised how easily we ran the ball against Texas. This will be, by far, our best and deepest O-line we've had in a while but with Samaje and Joe off to the NFL it will be a extremely young and inexperienced backfield. Definitely something to watch and a question mark that will determine OU's success going forward IMO.

Bath should cone out with solid OLs. Question. Will be the young talented Texas OL. 2016 was a sick DT class. Will be interesting to see if they are ready to consistently play at a high level in 2017

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we stop pretending that "what's my team sechedule look like next year" threads are any good?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we stop pretending that "what's my team sechedule look like next year" threads are any good?
Yeah, Michigan States don't look so good.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Michigan States don't look so good.
giphy.gif