• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK, Test time. .....Subject? Scot McCloughin!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the official announcement set for noon on Friday, what move do you expect him to make first? Would you deem it meddling if he was prevented from doing that task? Here are a few choices: (not in order of importance)

1. Reorganization of the scouting department including the hire of a new chief Scout.
2. Interviews with current coaches and potential new coaching hires.
3. Terminating/not renewing contracts of free agents and those of players who won't be invited back.
4. Something else (what?)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting department, no question. But aren't scouts under contract meaning he can't just pick scouts off of other teams and sign them up?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting department, no question. But aren't scouts under contract meaning he can't just pick scouts off of other teams and sign them up?

That's correct. Most scouts contacts expire after the draft. SO don't expect wholesale changes to the scouting dept. this draft season. That's when scouts move around. We may hire a couple more, but those will probably be guys unaffiliated at this time.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stiymie I say' all 4 and'plus then some

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard yesterday that Kapernik will be working with K. Warner in the off-season. I'll bet that setting up a working off season program for both Griffin and Cousins with a veteran QB will be, if not the first, but the second move he'll make.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard yesterday that Kapernik will be working with K. Warner in the off-season. I'll bet that setting up a working off season program for both Griffin and Cousins with a veteran QB will be, if not the first, but the second move he'll make.

I'm sure Rex is available. Oh, wait, Cousins already knows how to throw INTs.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pecking order should be gruden reports to mcclouhan 'then mc reports to allen the allen reports to snyder is that right so let's say gruden want a rt does he say mc I need a rt get one or does mc say gruden you need a rt'i get you one either way we get one I guess how does this work anyway on chooseing and player or does mcclue just say gruden'i get you some players you just coach them

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pecking order should be gruden reports to mcclouhan 'then mc reports to allen the allen reports to snyder is that right so let's say gruden want a rt does he say mc I need a rt get one or does mc say gruden you need a rt'i get you one either way we get one I guess how does this work anyway on chooseing and player or does mcclue just say gruden'i get you some players you just coach them

Every situation is different and has a lot to do with interpersonal relationships. But in theory, Gruden would go to his GM and say I need a RT and the the GM would go and find him one. As they prepare for the draft, they get together and come up with priorities. the GM then finds a list of players to fill those priorities. This doesn't mean that the priorities are sequentially picked. Its all a matter of who is available and where you have them slotted on your big board when the pick comes up.

BTW, McDaddy is a big proponent of BPA regardless of need. IF you stock your team with the best players you can, you can coach them up and they rise to the occasion. So don't be surprised if when our #5 pick comes up (and we can't trade down), we might take a Cooper (a WR) over a RT. Especially since this draft is loaded with Tackle talent that should still be available in later rounds.