• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok now these Kings Legos are cool.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife says without a Lego Stanley Cup, it is worthless
Can you say jealous?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioning my comment above, I remembered that interview with Fox and Hayward where he busted out their 2007 Cup ring. For the uninitiated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8_ZuWEtjQ8

I watched it again and listened more closely, Gaylord said he would agree that the Kings are closer to the Cup if they "won this year". Well, this interview was in March 2012, 3 months before the Kings lifted the Cup. Done.

Fox also mentions next year (the lockout shortened 2012-13 season) begins a 3 year period where the Kings will win a Cup. They sandwiched a WCF appearance in between both Cups. Done.

Meanwhile, Anaheim missed the playoffs the year LA won the first Cup, then lost in the 1st and 2nd round the following two seasons. In both those years they finished 1st in the Pacific and this season they won the Western Conference.

In fact, going back to the 7 years since their Cup win, they have lost in the 1st round 3 times, the 2nd round 2 times and missed the playoffs altogether 2 times. So basically they haven't won more than 1 series in the 5 playoff years since that they made it.

In the same time frame, the Kings completed a rebuild and lost in the 1st round 2 times, the 3rd round 1 time, missed the playoffs 2 times and won 2 Stanley Cups.

I can't wait for another one of these between the two. Fox never got to flash his ring after 2012 and it'll be even better now to have one ring on each hand to show Gaylord.

Icing on the cake would be to double fist and imprint those rings under Hayward's eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or one for each ear so he doesn't have to listen to Hazy's horseshit...

thx for that link...just as funny now as then.