• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK Fellas, here we go

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just discovered this site and decided that somebody ought to be here to straighten you guys out. I'm a UVA grad and fan. I've got VT family members, so I've heard more than you can ever dish out.

But times are changing, as they do. You know it and I know it.

Saturday? You've got the edge, sure. But it wouldn't be such a shock if you get turned out.

So, how's that national/SEC class recruiting working for you so far?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just discovered this site and decided that somebody ought to be here to straighten you guys out. I'm a UVA grad and fan. I've got VT family members, so I've heard more than you can ever dish out.

But times are changing, as they do. You know it and I know it.

Saturday? You've got the edge, sure. But it wouldn't be such a shock if you get turned out.

So, how's that national/SEC class recruiting working for you so far?

How long have you guys been saying this??? When we win by 20+ again tomorrow and go on to win another ACC title, will you crawl back from where you came?

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No crawling here. Are you preparing the excuse for getting "shafted"?

Hey look I think you guys have the better team. But are you elite in cfb? No.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My actual analysis:

I've watched most of the VT games and obviously all of the UVA games.

It's a weird thing - like last year - when it's the VT offense that is really what the game is all about.

The way I see it is UVA's offensive strength matches up well against VT's defensive weakness us the middle. In the past (cough, Al Groh) we'd just run our lateral stretch play anyway. I don't think that Lazor will go there and instead will look for power. I think UVA will move the ball.

The big issue for Hoos is the Hokie O. Our Cbs are small guys, and VTs WRs are the real deal - seniors with size and talent. Wilson is the most athletic RB I've seen in a long while and is the real deal. That's a tough assignment. But, LT (Cam Newton maybe next season) hasn't been great under pressure or on 3rd downs. On top of that, everybody knows that UVA's safeties are a major weakness - they blow coverages and bite hard, and VT has the vertical game to make them pay big time.

So if the Hokies are getting a consistent 4-7 on first or second down early, it could be a beat down. The Hoos safeties will charge up the field and leave the deep middle post open and disaster. If the Hokies instead have a bunch of 3rd and 7's, the complexion of the game is different. If the game is close in the 2nd half, I like the Hoos' chances, because the Hokies' opponents' yards per carry is high in 2nd halves.

We'll see - that's why they play the games - but my sense is a higher scoring game. I'd take the over on this one.

In all honesty you've got to figure VT by 10, with some scoring, but the game will be told early up front in the trenches. For me, that's the way it ought to be.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL at Marcus Davis Holding the Commonwealth cup screaming "this is ours man, this belongs with us, this is our shit man, this is our house, we run this" LOL @ whoVa.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To the victor go the spoils. That's the way it works.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah - I've gotten a little tired of the other boards too. We can mix it up here. And jeez I obviously need some friends here no doubt!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you guys been saying this??? When we win by 20+ again tomorrow and go on to win another ACC title, will you crawl back from where you came?

QFT

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome to the board hoosrise....congrats on the way UVA has turned it around from last year....but yeah, gonna have to wait a little while longer to make it competitive with VT again ;)

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not many Hoo fans thought 8-4 was possible, so that's good. It's going to take a couple more solid recruiting years to undo the Groh damage. Be very thankful that you have such a crazy stable coaching staff. The whole Al Groh/Mike Groh thing was crazy, and I don't have any issue with FB bringing on Shane. Shane has a legit resume.