• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Oily sharks series ghost board thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in Hawaii can't really get the game, and just watched St Louis win lol but once I saw the sharks line up I'm shocked they won, but it appears Tmacs prevent victory defense came through again lol

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
in Hawaii can't really get the game, and just watched St Louis win lol but once I saw the sharks line up I'm shocked they won, but it appears Tmacs prevent victory defense came through again lol

HAHAHAHA so so true! It really did look like a solid Tmac team :-)

Sharks showed a lot of character and depth last night. After the 1st, I figured it was gunna be a shit show, particularly since jonesy let in a softy to kelfbom. However, for the sharks to control the game after that showed trmenedous character, and for them to win on goals by ward, karlsson, and martin without a single goal from any of burns, pavs, cooch, or patty is remarkable (those 4 combined for 50.2% of the sharks total goals this season). the depth shone, and pickles did a tremendous job on Mcdavid.

it's only one game, and I have no doubt that the oilers will continue to be a very tough matchup, but this is a major statement in light of how much the team struggled in march and how badly they got whooped by the oil in the last regular season matchups.

The PP looked to struggle without Jumbo, but as time goes by, jumbo is more and more likely to come back strong, and that should add a dangerous element to the PP. I also except edmonton wont take 6 stupid penalties next game either. that was obviously a major factor.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to believe but I think this series is going to come down to coaching and I think Deboer wins this series or Tmac wins it for the sharks with his ineptitude and constant prevent victory defense. I think another factor is goingbt be shot volume on Talbot, if the sharks can average a mid 30's spg through the series Yalbot will give up some backbreakers playing that many games will effect his performance

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how fearless the Sharks have become in the playoffs. Here's a team that had their number in the regular season and to come back and win in OT like that shows a lot of heart and soul. I know it's just one game but I'm confident that if they keep on the throttle there is no reason they couldn't go far this year.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont get these posts... The Oilers had NOTHING for the Sharks... The only reason it was even close was cause Jones let in 2 pathetic goals and Talbot stood on his head. Other than that, the game was a clean domination for the Sharks... This gave couldve easily been a 4-0 win without Talbot playing huge.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow Edmonton is getting away with some dirty hits/charging good thing is they will eventually take themselves out of the play and the sharks will take advantage

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta expect that -- this is the McDavid era... NHL wants that team to advance at all costs...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well one team looked young and one looked old lol. Just wondering if hitting is in the sharks game plan or not because all they did was take. How no one has but kassian on his ass yet is beyond me

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one team looked young and one looked old lol. Just wondering if hitting is in the sharks game plan or not because all they did was take. How no one has but kassian on his ass yet is beyond me
my wife and I were screaming at the TV last night that they did absolutely NOTHING to put him, or someone else on the Oilers on their ass. For us the tipping point was when he laid out Couture and still the Sharks did zilch. That was one of the worst games I've ever seen them play from start to finish. The Oilers kept taking shitty penalties and Sharks did nothing with any of the chances. They couldn't even keep sustained pressure on seemingly ANY of the PP chances. I hope they take a long look in the mirror after that shitfest.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The hit on Dillon looked like a head shot, but maybe because Dillon was kinda duckin down. But the Couture hit looked like a definite charge... Dude came full speed and jump at Coots like a human missal... I wasnt aware that you could take 2+ strides and jump into checks?? Did the ruless change or is this just an Edm thing?? It was an awesome hit to watch tho, I played it on repeat about 15x laughing

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Haley back into the lineup.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think Haley will fix Jones horrific 5-hole and SJs lack of scoring... 4 of 5 Edm goals have been soft shitty 5 hole goals -- is that Niemi in net?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's an old tired team vs a young energized team, it's showing pretty badly too. How the PP dropped off so horrifically is another problem. Pavelski has been Mia for almost 2 months, coutures face is broken and Jones and Burnzie have back injuries from carrying the team all season.

Bright side I like what I see from Karlsson, Timo, Herzl, Bodeker, Hansen and Tierny

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an old tired team vs a young energized team, it's showing pretty badly too. How the PP dropped off so horrifically is another problem. Pavelski has been Mia for almost 2 months, coutures face is broken and Jones and Burnzie have back injuries from carrying the team all season.

Bright side I like what I see from Karlsson, Timo, Herzl, Bodeker, Hansen and Tierny

Looks like they went back to old habits on the PP by not shooting the puck. Get bodies in front of the net and just shoot in there. Too much time passing and thinking too hard.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, this is the worst Ive seen pavs play in years, especially in the playoffs, when he tends to elevate his game. He is fumbling pucks, indecisive, tentative. It's the opposite of his game... And patty is null factor. Cooch looks off, and burnsie is not getting the shots through as usual.

Meier did look good, and hertl is a puck control beast right now. that said, you cant win with the PP unable to enter the zone and with your 5 top goal scorers completely absent. pavs+cooch+jumbo+burns+patty = 1 total assist in 3 games. That's remarkable.

On the bright side, despite 1 assist from that over 30M of roster space, they are still only down 2-1, and it's far from over. If those big guys can wake up and get that swagger and confidence back, then it could change in the sharks favor. It's a confidence and execution issue, not necessarily being outclassed and outskilled as they were vs. pitt last year.

I mean, imagine schlemko doesnt turn that over and the sharks get a lucky bounce yesterday. then its 2-1 sharks and the conversation is extremely different.

There is alot of pride in those top 5 players, and I cannot imagine them going down whimpering into the night.

Also on the bright side, with the young guys and depth playing so well (not inluding the #1 AHL team and promising guys like lebanc, heed, ryan, and others) the future isn't so dim.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shutout in two games. I think it is an end of an era here. Time for a big overhaul and unload the old guys in the offseason.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite the 2 shutouts, its not like Edm "the young energized" team have been killing us... They arent exactly lighting the lamp either -- Normal Jones wouldnt have let in any of those goals - like I mentioned 4 of 5 are soft 5hole goals... The series in general has been boing as shit - neither team is getting good scoring chances or doing much on the O... Game 3 SJ & Thornton started off great buzzing around -- then I literally fell asleep until the last 5 mins...

PS why isnt Lebanc playing?? I dont get that move

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lebanc and scratching Bodeker? Bodeker had great chemistry with Hertl late in the season, questionable line up moves.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorenson is dead weight IMO... The team has done nothing but tank since putting him in the lineup...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see Burnzie throw his butt check into Kassian, someone needs to put a big clean hit on that guy