• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oilers turning to psychology

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep skirting around the big problem...Oh well.

Tambellini said at the end of the season he was determined to find players who wanted to be Oilers, who were proud to put on the jersey; the assumption being that some of the current crop weren't all that thrilled to be here.

Oilers suddenly serious about psychology

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
When he was talking about Hall and Seguin in late April, he said he wanted each of them to tell him why it was important to be an Oiler. Merely hearing it won't be enough. Tambellini has to see Hall and Seguin at length to make a determination and that's why he wants to spend quality time with each one soon.

methinks that's a contest in which those guys might actually want to finish second place.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
methinks that's a contest in which those guys might actually want to finish second place.

Taylor Hall has said that his favourite player is Bobby Orr (who just happens to be his agent) and the Bruins have the 2nd pick overall. Time to blow the interview, Taylor :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall has said that his favourite player is Bobby Orr (who just happens to be his agent) and the Bruins have the 2nd pick overall. Time to blow the interview, Taylor :)

LOL!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha. i am not as up to date on some of these guys as a lot of canadians since you guys get to watch them a lot. i have seen a couple of memorial cup games though. it is kind of like the ncaa tournament in the usa. i do not really watch it although since everybody talks about it you do hear about the top players.

every year it seems that there is a guy they call the clear number 1 pick and then say that another guy might be better. we saw it last year with tavares and hedman. everybody knew tavares was going to be the first pick although it seems like they like people to think there is another guy who could go first.

i heard hall first and then people started talking about seguin. is this the same as tavares and hedman or is it still unknown who will be picked first.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard hall first and then people started talking about seguin. is this the same as tavares and hedman or is it still unknown who will be picked first.

The Oil are definitely weak down the middle, which is probably why they are leaning towards Seguin. From what I've read, the scouts are projecting Hall to have an impact sooner than Seguin, but they also think that Seguin will be the better NHL player.

I haven't seen Seguin as much as I've seen Hall, but Seguin better be a heck of a player to pass on Hall, who not only can score, but is a dandy playmaker and has certainly improved his defensive play (backchecking well, blocking shots in the Memorial Cup).

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oil are definitely weak down the middle, which is probably why they are leaning towards Seguin. From what I've read, the scouts are projecting Hall to have an impact sooner than Seguin, but they also think that Seguin will be the better NHL player.

I haven't seen Seguin as much as I've seen Hall, but Seguin better be a heck of a player to pass on Hall, who not only can score, but is a dandy playmaker and has certainly improved his defensive play (backchecking well, blocking shots in the Memorial Cup).

I don't have to tell you Bruins fans are hoping the Oilers take Seguin. We need a big time winger here to help with our scoring woes and Hall fits the bill nicely. Some are predicting Hall being the first round pick, leaving the Bruins with Seguin and if that is true, I would imagine the Bruins maybe trying to convert Seguin to winger. I've heard he could play both, so I guess it's a win-win for Boston.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I don't have to tell you Bruins fans are hoping the Oilers take Seguin. We need a big time winger here to help with our scoring woes and Hall fits the bill nicely. Some are predicting Hall being the first round pick, leaving the Bruins with Seguin and if that is true, I would imagine the Bruins maybe trying to convert Seguin to winger. I've heard he could play both, so I guess it's a win-win for Boston.

yeah, they are in a great position. No matter who Edmonton picks, Bruins are going to end up with a hell of a hockey player.
I think Hall is more likely to be a franchise player, but what I've seen of Seuguin, he's an absolute game-changer as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep skirting around the big problem...Oh well.

Tambellini said at the end of the season he was determined to find players who wanted to be Oilers, who were proud to put on the jersey; the assumption being that some of the current crop weren't all that thrilled to be here.

Oilers suddenly serious about psychology

So that pretty much leaves Beer League players and Sheldon Souray.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Taylor Hall with the 1st pick if I were the GM of the Oilers. The hit he took from Hamonic was awesome. The fact that Hall got up from it & scored two goals spoke volumes. Hall has made some good defensive plays in the Memorial Cup as well.

Is their any chance Steve wants his son Jeff? I'd take 1 puck for him. I mean were talking bargain basement here.