• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State Week.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I have them high on my pick ems as well, but I must be missing something here. I always thought Nebraska was always a tough hostile environment to play on the road, and a night game to add to that.
Historically yes. But if you want to talk historically, Nebraska has Historically overachieved. I dont have faith in the coaches. Especially play calling. New Defensive Scheme... so that is a toss up on how we do and adjust there. Seems the kids really dont like to put up a fight when the offense has a turn over or pick 6 they get into quick sand fast when that happens

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my 59-20 prediction.

We will probably hang for a minute. Will be like 10-7 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Then a big play on Defense or Special Teams will result in a TD for tOSU and ignite the fire.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent aside I’m still putting 80% of the blame on the coaches. With Williams the wr room in general is real thin, The Kid Stan leads the Big even with all of his drops, KW will get it fixed.
Oh don't get me wrong. I put the blame right on the coaches. Attitude is all on the coaches and feeling entitled as a starter instead of being afraid the guy behind you will get his shot if you don't give 110 percent every play is all on coaches. Assignments I can give to youth but it's amazing how great coaches can get young players looking like veterans.
AND great coaches are what we need.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say tOSU 45 - NU 10. But what if......

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't get me wrong. I put the blame right on the coaches. Attitude is all on the coaches and feeling entitled as a starter instead of being afraid the guy behind you will get his shot if you don't give 110 percent every play is all on coaches. Assignments I can give to youth but it's amazing how great coaches can get young players looking like veterans.
AND great coaches are what we need.

Sorry for keeping the monkey. I'll change my avy sunday

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska winning this game wouldn't be the biggest upset ever. In fact, Iowa State over Oklahoma on the road last week trumps Nebraska over Ohio State in Lincoln by a mile.

That's from the perspective of a College Football fan though. The media would mention it here and there but it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

From a Husker fan's perspective, it literally would seem like the most improbable upset in the history of sports. Nebraska over Ohio State should never be improbable, but it is. It's nearly impossible.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska winning this game wouldn't be the biggest upset ever. In fact, Iowa State over Oklahoma on the road last week trumps Nebraska over Ohio State in Lincoln by a mile.

That's from the perspective of a College Football fan though. The media would mention it here and there but it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

From a Husker fan's perspective, it literally would seem like the most improbable upset in the history of sports. Nebraska over Ohio State should never be improbable, but it is. It's nearly impossible.

We could do it but, this may be blasphemous, we need TLs arm to do it and we will need big plays from deep passes. He needs to be sharp and the receivers need to catch them and head for the end zone.
I know many people don't want to hear it but run guy is just going to wear them (N) down.

IMO, a near perfect game, called and executed, is the only way.
Fast stops on D, safeties stepping up in the middle and on O, big plays eating up yards fast.
It could happen, not guessing it will.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could do it but, this may be blasphemous, we need TLs arm to do it and we will need big plays from deep passes. He needs to be sharp and the receivers need to catch them and head for the end zone.
I know many people don't want to hear it but run guy is just going to wear them (N) down.

IMO, a near perfect game, called and executed, is the only way.
Fast stops on D, safeties stepping up in the middle and on O, big plays eating up yards fast.
It could happen, not guessing it will.

But their D Line is dadburned good that they just drop 7 and rush 4 like it's nothin'.

I don't see Tanner having a very good day unless we're able to run a little bit.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a point to bringing Tre Bryant back this season?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their D Line is dadburned good that they just drop 7 and rush 4 like it's nothin'.

I don't see Tanner having a very good day unless we're able to run a little bit.
I agree, you always have to mix it up. What I'm saying is the first and deep shots are going to be necessary in there too and they are going to have to connect and they are going to have to take it in for a touchdown.

I don't see us punching it in inside the 10.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm beginning to get the feeling that Callahan was a better coach than Riley is. Hopefully Riley can change my perception of him against OSU. I just watched Syracuse beating Clemson. If we see another blowout tomorrow night, that will convince me for sure that Callahan was a better coach.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to hang your head in shame just for writing that name on this board frequented by those who pray for this program to return to the honor it once cherished.
HWNSBN came in to this program with a directive to rid this program of the Devaney/Osborne legacy. Riley came in asking how to best honor those traditions.
HWNSBN refused to replace his dc, guaranteeing his failure. Riley has proven that he will break ties with career long associates if the program will benefit from it.
HWSNBN came in to a program with a culture of winning and created a culture of acceptance. Riley came into a culture of accepted loss and has the challenge of creating a culture of win no matter what.
And finally Riley is in year three. His recruits are playing this year. For the most part his recruits are in their first year. At least one more year is required for development normally but because they have just lost to one top ten team, though they hung with them for a half a game and are likely to get blown out by a top 5 team Riley is a failure.

I am just as tired of losing as anyone but I still think that no matter what Riley needs one more year and short of disastrous losses throughout this year, two more years.
We can not, regardless of our mistake of being too loyal to a previous coach, go through a constant rotation where no one gets a legitimate chance to actually display their abilities.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-10 Nebraska Turning a big corner tomorrow it all comes together and we right the ship. W's from here on to the big ten championship

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
38-10 Nebraska Turning a big corner tomorrow it all comes together and we right the ship. W's from here on to the big ten championship
Even if by some miracle of epic proportions, Nebraska wins the rest of their games, Wisconsin has to lose 2 games, and I don't see two losses on the rest of their schedule.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You need to hang your head in shame just for writing that name on this board frequented by those who pray for this program to return to the honor it once cherished.
HWNSBN came in to this program with a directive to rid this program of the Devaney/Osborne legacy. Riley came in asking how to best honor those traditions.
HWNSBN refused to replace his dc, guaranteeing his failure. Riley has proven that he will break ties with career long associates if the program will benefit from it.
HWSNBN came in to a program with a culture of winning and created a culture of acceptance. Riley came into a culture of accepted loss and has the challenge of creating a culture of win no matter what.
And finally Riley is in year three. His recruits are playing this year. For the most part his recruits are in their first year. At least one more year is required for development normally but because they have just lost to one top ten team, though they hung with them for a half a game and are likely to get blown out by a top 5 team Riley is a failure.

I am just as tired of losing as anyone but I still think that no matter what Riley needs one more year and short of disastrous losses throughout this year, two more years.
We can not, regardless of our mistake of being too loyal to a previous coach, go through a constant rotation where no one gets a legitimate chance to actually display their abilities.

I admit to overreacting a bit, but what gets me is some of the decisions in certain games this have been incredibly stupid. Example number one... We have a 3rd and 2 deep in Wisconsin's territory and they try a screen play that hasn't worked worth a shit this year. They either have two plays to get a first down, or at least get a FG instead of gifting them a TD. Most likely we still don't win that game, but maybe that gives the team the boost they need to pull out an amazing win. Another example... Against NIU, we have a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter and instead of running the ball with our fragile team to protect that lead, a pass is called and predictably the damn thing is picked off. Bye Bye ballgame! Maybe next year with a more experienced team we can take more risk, but obviously that isn't the case this year. I'm still hopeful he gets that Callahan type of shit out of his system, and he shows some real success here then retires instead of getting fired.