• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State week/game thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the play calling was way too conservative at the end of the game. Also what happened to the pass rush? Hardly any pressure on Barrett all day, allowed him to pick the secondary apart.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated earlier in the week that if we stop thinking OSU is unbeatable, we would have won this game hands down. That includes the HC and coaches. You start with that conservative craziness only gets a loss instead of continuing with what got ya here. One point loss isn't the end of the world but this was a loss that started between the ears with PSU.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out the refs may have had a little to do with the comeback of OSU in the fourth. It's questionable but having to watch my LA Rams get hammered by bad refs on more than one occasion every season, I am inclined to believe OSU had a little help during the game in the fourth.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss is on Franklin for starting to play the clock game way to early. He has done this before. 1st and goal inside the 10 and he started playing the clock game. He cost his team the game.

Was like a replay of the Rose Bowl 4th quarter. Got conservative on both sides of ball with big lead, other QB played out of his mind and we lost. Pry had by far his worst game as a DC for us as well. His lack of blitzing and pressure that we have thrived on under him, was mind numbing. If you want to play what he was playing, go dime, bring allen in teh box as an extra tackler and have Wade/Castro fields out there covering instead of Cabinda chasing around potential pass catchers.

I think Moorhead was reallyhamstrung once Bates went out. We got conservative from that point on and still couldn't block. 2 spots on that OL we can't afford an injury, Bates and McGovern and of course Bates goes down. I was also perplexed by lack of use with Barkley in passing game.

In teh end, you need to go with what got you there and yesterday, taht was Trace making plays. We tried to force feed BArkley when 11 guys were coming directly at him on the snap and it bit us.

As crazy as it sounds, I think our O may be even better without Saquon, simply because they force feed the ball to him too much in an offense designed to spread it around more. We'll have a step down in talent there, not huge, butg Saquon may be the best to ever play for us. Gesecki replacement will be a huge question though.

Oh well, hell of a game, on to MSU, win out, go 11-1 and see what happens. Rmember last year when chaos insued.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out the refs may have had a little to do with the comeback of OSU in the fourth. It's questionable but having to watch my LA Rams get hammered by bad refs on more than one occasion every season, I am inclined to believe OSU had a little help during the game in the fourth.

I think far more went our way than against us with the refs. This game wasn't decided by the stripes, we just got beat. oSU stepped up and we played not to lose.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by how we were treated in Columbus. I had heard so many horror stories about it, but outside a couple drunk college age assholes, people were fantastic. Very fun town as well. I'd recommend the trip sometime. Good atmosphere, but the "blackout" can't hold a candle to the "Whiteout" Also, the Shoe is 1000000000000000x better than teh Big outhouse and Colmbusfar more fun than Ann Arbor. If you are ever deciding between the 2 for a trip, go to Columbus