• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State springs forward as new No. 1 in 2017 top 25

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is much less hate for MI than there is for tOSU. Winning does that. MI needs a NC this century for there to be any real hate.

I agree, but I am impressed with the way Urban Meyer rallies the team against Michigan. It will never be easy as long as he is around. We need a NC soon!!!

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I am impressed with the way Urban Meyer rallies the team against Michigan. It will never be easy as long as he is around. We need a NC soon!!!
Hoke did well at that too. His teams were not great but they sure played well vs. tOSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't good, there would not be so much hate for him (and Michigan).

He gets the "hate" because he keeps throwing himself into the spotlight by being weird/obnoxious. But many Michigan fans are the biggest reason. Michigan hasn't even finished better than 3 in your own division and yet you have fans who act like Harbaugh is somehow the greatest Michigan coach ever.

This would be like people saying people hate Lane Kiffin because he's good at coaching. No, that's not it at all.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets the "hate" because he keeps throwing himself into the spotlight by being weird/obnoxious. But many Michigan fans are the biggest reason. Michigan hasn't even finished better than 3 in your own division and yet you have fans who act like Harbaugh is somehow the greatest Michigan coach ever.

This would be like people saying people hate Lane Kiffin because he's good at coaching. No, that's not it at all.

The road to you guys travels through Columbus ... we have to win there before we can even think about you.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm thinking about is week 1.

:yell:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I think Harbaugh is a unique individual and is a bit eclectic? Yes. Do I think he throws himself into the spotlight? No.

The media throws him into the spotlight. If he were a coach at Eastern Michigan, the media couldn't care less what he does. Since the day he left the NFL and came back to UM, anything he does turns into a story. Why? Because he generates interests from fans who hate him and fans who love him. He is like Howard Stern -- there was a quote I read once that said 30% of his listeners love him and 70% hate him, but keep listening because they want to hear what he says next.

Harbaugh is in that category and the media knows anytime they can write or say anything about him, it is click bait for every UM fan and every CFB fan who hates Harbaugh. People running sports website are in it to make money and they will continue to write about anyone who draws interest to the site. Period.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Harbaugh is a unique individual and is a bit eclectic? Yes. Do I think he throws himself into the spotlight? No.

The media throws him into the spotlight. If he were a coach at Eastern Michigan, the media couldn't care less what he does. Since the day he left the NFL and came back to UM, anything he does turns into a story. Why? Because he generates interests from fans who hate him and fans who love him. He is like Howard Stern -- there was a quote I read once that said 30% of his listeners love him and 70% hate him, but keep listening because they want to hear what he says next.

Harbaugh is in that category and the media knows anytime they can write or say anything about him, it is click bait for every UM fan and every CFB fan who hates Harbaugh. People running sports website are in it to make money and they will continue to write about anyone who draws interest to the site. Period.
I disagree, Harbs is a look at me kind of guy. Meyer and Saban could get just as much coverage if they wanted. The difference is Harbs wants that coverage. He needs to see himself in the news.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken!

That said, I did notice this bit on your BR page, "Unfortunately I have had my writing privileges revoked," so I guess they won't let anyone post. . .

Despite the articles going through editing where people are free to make changes to the writings and the editors are supposed to have had some amount of their training there were things they deemed as too many errors. such as grammar and punctuation. I had a friend look over a few of my things who was an English major and she thinks they were overly anal about things.
they wanted me to do some sort of online correspondence to learn to write the way they wanted and I didn't have time for that.
I found it funny since most "articles" at the time were slideshows.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Harbs is a look at me kind of guy. Meyer and Saban could get just as much coverage if they wanted. The difference is Harbs wants that coverage. He needs to see himself in the news.

He doesn't write the news stories. They write about every ridiculous thing about his life -- from his wife being pregnant to changing from one brand of khakis to another.

I will agree the satellite camps were used as a way to spread the UM brand into areas where they couldn't pull recruits and keep UM in the headlines. The other stuff is just ridiculous articles being written by the media for click bait, because the media knows they will get his fans and those that hate him to read it.

The media is a business and they will write about anyone or anything to bring in readers. The people who bring in the most readers will have the most articles written about them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh, preseason polls. the most worthless polls there are.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't write the news stories. They write about every ridiculous thing about his life -- from his wife being pregnant to changing from one brand of khakis to another.

I will agree the satellite camps were used as a way to spread the UM brand into areas where they couldn't pull recruits and keep UM in the headlines. The other stuff is just ridiculous articles being written by the media for click bait, because the media knows they will get his fans and those that hate him to read it.

The media is a business and they will write about anyone or anything to bring in readers. The people who bring in the most readers will have the most articles written about them.
I would agree if you didnt have Meyer and Saban to compare. They could get the same dumb stories by talking about the dumb things that Harbs does to get the stories written.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if you didnt have Meyer and Saban to compare. They could get the same dumb stories by talking about the dumb things that Harbs does to get the stories written.

You mean like Nick Saban doing 'the wobble' for a recruit

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxs...ck-saban-dancing-2016-recruit-012516?amp=true

Or Urban Meyer sending puzzles to recruits

Urban Meyer's puzzling recruiting tactic

The reason why everything Harbaugh does is in the headlines. He is the last big name head coach to sign at a blue blood and the fact he played in the NFL and coached in the NFL garners him even more attention because..................it gives him a wider audience of fans who love or hate him.

The media cares about one thing and one thing only -- hits on their website. So they will fill their websites with anything that will garner hits. Right now, Harbaugh is someone who accomplishes that for them, so they write stories if he wears different shoes, pants or anything other worthless topic because they know the drones will read it and those that hate him will talk about it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Nick Saban doing 'the wobble' for a recruit

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-crimson-tide-football-nick-saban-dancing-2016-recruit-012516?amp=true

Or Urban Meyer sending puzzles to recruits

Urban Meyer's puzzling recruiting tactic

The reason why everything Harbaugh does is in the headlines. He is the last big name head coach to sign at a blue blood and the fact he played in the NFL and coached in the NFL garners him even more attention because..................it gives him a wider audience of fans who love or hate him.

The media cares about one thing and one thing only -- hits on their website. So they will fill their websites with anything that will garner hits. Right now, Harbaugh is someone who accomplishes that for them, so they write stories if he wears different shoes, pants or anything other worthless topic because they know the drones will read it and those that hate him will talk about it.
Yes just like that. They could be media whores and do shit like this all the time and you would see the headlines all the time. The point is they dont.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes just like that. They could be media whores and do shit like this all the time and you would see the headlines all the time. The point is they dont.

You mean like Urban pranking a recruit and telling him he was leaving OSU.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...60/urban-meyer-pranks-recruit-los-angeles-job

Or Nick Saban 'dabbing' for a recruit.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/17873403/meet_the_recruit_who_made_saba.amp

The difference is.............everyone makes a big deal about what Harbaugh does because they don't like him and most don't like UM fans. EVERY coach makes an idiot out of themselves during recruiting, etc. Why? Because they are trying to pretend they understand the culture of these kids even though they are 30+ years older than them.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...60/urban-meyer-pranks-recruit-los-angeles-job

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/17873403/meet_the_recruit_who_made_saba.amp

The difference is.............everyone makes a big deal about what Harbaugh does because they don't like him and most don't like UM fans. EVERY coach makes an idiot out of themselves during recruiting, etc. Why? Because they are trying to pretend they understand the culture of these kids even though they are 30+ years older than them.
Yes. You can search all you want but its not the spectacle that Harbs creates and needs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just want to point out that the stuff you have of Saban are things the recruits posted, as Saban doesn't even have the means to post such stuff.

Saban doesn't even have a twitter account, so he sure as hell isn't getting on twitter creating "news" with his "hot takes".

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. You can search all you want but its not the spectacle that Harbs creates and needs.

It is only a spectacule because the media makes it one. The only reason the media makes it one is because he generates hits on their website.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to point out that the stuff you have of Saban are things the recruits posted, as Saban doesn't even have the means to post such stuff.

Saban doesn't even have a twitter account, so he sure as hell isn't getting on twitter creating "news" with his "hot takes".

Who do you think is posting all the stuff on Harbaugh? The recruits. Then the mainstream media picks up on it and makes it into a story.