• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State Recruiting

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we don't have a thread on this, but I want this board to get more populated during the season. This is a good thread to have. I'll try and update as much as I can.

For starters, here is a list of fall visits we have scheduled:

Sept 28 - Wisconsin
TE Tyler Luatua - La Mirada, CA
ATH John 'JuJu' Smith - Long Beach, CA

October 26 - Penn State
LB Raekwon McMillan - Hinesville, GA
DB Jamal Adams - Carrollton, TX

Nov 23 - Indiana
OT Chad Mavety - Garden City, NY

There are some commits and 2015 guys also scheduled to visit, but I want to keep this focused on uncommitted 2014 guys. More to come.

buckeyebill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Good stuff Sox, Thanks for the up date, and I am sure you will spur a lot more attention as the season draws near

I am a long time buckeye Fan. watched Hopalong Cassidy play? Also going on Buckeye Cruise in Feb.
GO Bucks:suds:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Good stuff Sox, Thanks for the up date, and I am sure you will spur a lot more attention as the season draws near

I am a long time buckeye Fan. watched Hopalong Cassidy play? Also going on Buckeye Cruise in Feb.
GO Bucks:suds:

I'll try and update this as close to a daily basis as I can. We'll be having a lot more news coming over the next few months, but this class is getting full. The cruises are awesome, I've heard. Have a great time! I love hearing about the Buckeye fans of old that have all of the awesome stories to tell. Lot of history in that stadium! :suds:

Well then here's a fresh one, I guess. It isn't like we're exactly cluttered on this board. Hopefully that changes during the season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I friggin mentioned this a few days ago. We have the 2nd rated class so far. Samuel is a buckeye. He is a 5 star recruit out of Brooklyn I believe. I'm always on Bucknuts. I'll keep the recruiting updated. We have some big OL who may be committing any day. Prince or Mavelet?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not football....but mike mitchell's "little" brother mickey, a 5* basketball player in the 2015 class committed to Ohio State today...huge get

Scout.com: Mickey Mitchell Profile
Mickey Mitchell will join his older brother at Ohio State.

Mitchell, a five-star prospect out of Plano (Tex.) Prestonwood, committed to Thad Matta and his staff on Thursday. Mitchell's brother is a freshman linebacker on the football team.

"Mickey is 100 percent a Buckeye," Ken Mitchell told Scout.com about his son.

Joining his brother was always something that the younger Mitchell wanted to do, and on his unofficial visit he decided to pull the trigger.

"Mickey called me earlier and was discussing the plusses and minuses," said the elder Mitchell. "I just told him it was his decision and he had to do what was best for him. Obviously he felt Ohio State was the right place."

A host of schools courted Mitchell, including Kentucky, Stanford, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas, Louisville, Virginia, A&M, USC, UCLA and UNLV.

At 6-foot-8, 245-pounds, Mitchell is a hard playing power forward. He gets after it on the glass, is active on both ends and likes to face the rim for scoring opportunities. Mitchell missed his sophomore season due to a torn ACL injury.

Ohio State now has a pair of commits in their 2015 recruiting class. Mitchell joins Dayton (Ohio) Dunbar lead guard A.J. Harris to make up their current class.

Mitchell is currently ranked No. 15 overall in the 2015 class.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I friggin mentioned this a few days ago. We have the 2nd rated class so far. Samuel is a buckeye. He is a 5 star recruit out of Brooklyn I believe. I'm always on Bucknuts. I'll keep the recruiting updated. We have some big OL who may be committing any day. Prince or Mavelet?

Mavety is in, I think, but I don't think he'll commit until this fall. I'm getting nervous about Prince because it sounds like Maryland may be gaining ground. Then again, they were saying the same about Rutgers and Samuel, so who knows?

If we get those 2, we're done with OL. Otherwise, IMO, we'll end up with -

Lattimore
Smith
McMillain
Holley

Then hopefully a couple of -
Gesicki
JuJu
Luatua
Dixon
Thomas (longshot)
Berrios

I think we're not looking good on Adams and I believe we're all but out on Noah Brown.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavety is in, I think, but I don't think he'll commit until this fall. I'm getting nervous about Prince because it sounds like Maryland may be gaining ground. Then again, they were saying the same about Rutgers and Samuel, so who knows?

If we get those 2, we're done with OL. Otherwise, IMO, we'll end up with -

Lattimore
Smith
McMillain
Holley

Then hopefully a couple of -
Gesicki
JuJu
Luatua

Dixon
Thomas (longshot)
Berrios

I think we're not looking good on Adams and I believe we're all but out on Noah Brown.

I think we will lock up Noah Brown. I can't imagine a school like Rutgers would even have a outside shot compared to OSU. However Rutgers is very close to home. I think he's a lock for us.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel is already a Buckeye 33. He committed last week. This dude is a serious speedster.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will lock up Noah Brown. I can't imagine a school like Rutgers would even have a outside shot compared to OSU. However Rutgers is very close to home. I think he's a lock for us.

Pretty much everything I'm seeing now has him going to Rutgers. Sounds like the staff is higher on Dixon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything I'm seeing now has him going to Rutgers. Sounds like the staff is higher on Dixon.

Hmm.. I think if Urban really wants him, which I still think he does, no doubt he will be a Buckeye. I'll do some more research. I know he's been mentioned recently being interested in Ruthers. We shall see. I can't wait to check out this kid Samuel.. kid is explosive. This team is going to be filled w Ted Ginn's. Lol.:yahoo:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.. I think if Urban really wants him, which I still think he does, no doubt he will be a Buckeye. I'll do some more research. I know he's been mentioned recently being interested in Ruthers. We shall see. I can't wait to check out this kid Samuel.. kid is explosive. This team is going to be filled w Ted Ginn's. Lol.:yahoo:

The best bet is to check out the crystal ball predictions on 247sports.com. A ton of the Buckeye writers from menofthescarletandgray.com, Bucknuts, Eleven Warriors, etc. weigh in on there, and the most recent ones all have him going to Rutgers. It would kind of suck, but we've already got a big WR in this class in Lonnie Johnson. As far as Samuel is concerned, he is a sick athlete. I have him along with Joe Mixon as the most talented offensive athletes in the 2014 class. Sounds like Mixon is liking Cal, but when it comes to Urban, you never know.

Also, speaking of Ted Ginns, if you haven't done it yet check out James Clark's videos. If you slapped a red 7 on that kid, I couldn't tell a difference. He looks like a clone, and IMO is going to be one of the top freshmen on the team this year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best bet is to check out the crystal ball predictions on 247sports.com. A ton of the Buckeye writers from menofthescarletandgray.com, Bucknuts, Eleven Warriors, etc. weigh in on there, and the most recent ones all have him going to Rutgers. It would kind of suck, but we've already got a big WR in this class in Lonnie Johnson. As far as Samuel is concerned, he is a sick athlete. I have him along with Joe Mixon as the most talented offensive athletes in the 2014 class. Sounds like Mixon is liking Cal, but when it comes to Urban, you never know.

Also, speaking of Ted Ginns, if you haven't done it yet check out James Clark's videos. If you slapped a red 7 on that kid, I couldn't tell a difference. He looks like a clone, and IMO is going to be one of the top freshmen on the team this year.

Who wins the 100 yard dash? Clark, Wilson, or Smith? Actually is it Smith that I'm thinking of? I thought it was one of our current WRs who is very fast?

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the 100 yard dash? Clark, Wilson, or Smith? Actually is it Smith that I'm thinking of? I thought it was one of our current WRs who is very fast?

Here we go Clark , Wilson or Samuel?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crystal ball prediction still has tOSU at a slight edge over Rutgers.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fast get faster!!

Eric Glover-Williams, blue chip 2015 RB from Canton McKinley, commits to the S&G!