• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State AD calls Jimbo Fisher’s $75 million deal ‘so ridiculous’

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have an issue with the length, it's the guaranteed money. So if things go bad, like they USUALLY DO, you guys are fucked. Overpaying coaches, at any level, RARELY works out.

Guys get paid and get lazy. But hey, keep convincing yourselves you have to go beyond what every other winning program does to win, and you'll keep getting the same results. This is the path that led aggy to being one of the most cheating programs in history.

Once again, is it your money? No
Does A&M have the money? Yes
Did we get what we wanted? Yes

You worry about your coach, we will worry about ours.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well enjoy being handcuffed to a coach who probably won’t bring you to the desired results for what your expectations are.

Well, only one coach per year can get the desired results in the entire country, so I guess every team should be looking at this same issue. Yeah we may have to end up eating more years than most schools do but show me the school that hasn't fired a coach early and had to pay him to be somewhere else and I promise that list won't be more than a small handful of FBS programs that attempt to contend.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever excuse floats your boat man. Florida high school talent is far and away better than the state of Texas

starbigd and I are agreeing on something, then it freaking MUST be true. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? :pound:

Do you not agree that places like IMG recruit from the entire country and go into those Florida numbers you posted?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't reason with an aggy brain.......all this will either go over their heads or in one ear and out the other. They've ALREADY made Fisher a living legend in aggydom. He's ALREADY the greatest coach and recruiter of ALL TIME. He'll have Saban kissing the ring in a year or less.......and yes, that's on their boards right now. These people do not live in reality.
Now that's funny right there. :laugh3:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not agree that places like IMG recruit from the entire country and go into those Florida numbers you posted?

No doubt IMG recruits from all over the country. 5 guys in the top 100, none from FL or TX so lets throw those out and FL still has 16 players in the top 100 vs Texas 8.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This again?

Yeah Florida does well as their "high school" academies pay players from all over the US to come be "florida" recruits.
Good point. Does anyone know how many IMG kids are actually from Florida?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, only one coach per year can get the desired results in the entire country, so I guess every team should be looking at this same issue. Yeah we may have to end up eating more years than most schools do but show me the school that hasn't fired a coach early and had to pay him to be somewhere else and I promise that list won't be more than a small handful of FBS programs that attempt to contend.

Florida State University has never paid a Coach after he left.

Ed Wlliamson...was Director of Intramurals. When Doak Campbell said we would play football
our first year...we only had 6 weeks to prepare for our first-ever game. Williamson doubled duties
for one year and then stepped back. No money paid.

Don Veller...resigned at the end of the 1952 season. He became our Golf Coach

Tom Nugent...resigned for another job in 1958.

Perry Moss...coached only one season and took a HC job in pro football

Bill Peterson resigned for another job in 1971.

Larry Jones was fired after 3 season with cause (probation)

Daryl Mudra was terminated after two seasons. No extra money given.

Bobby was at FSU for 33 years. He received 5 million as part of his contract
arrangements and remained at the school as a fund raiser earning 2 million a year.

Fisher resigned after 8 years. His buy-out included him having to pay off the contracts of
all of his assistants that we didn't keep. We only kept one.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever excuse floats your boat man. Florida high school talent is far and away better than the state of Texas
He' right. We suck. You other sumbitches stay out of the state. We ain't got any players worth a shit.

Do you hear that all you dirt burglers?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that 130 teams have expectations to win the national title every year or are you just being a little bitch because no one outside of College Station considers aTm a top tier program? I highly doubt that you will see a conference title, which is a much more reasonable expectation for about 100 of the programs out there, with Jimbo there. He played in a weak conference and many years had a painfully weak schedule. He had one real good team in the ACC and the rest of that conference was no good. If you are happy with him, congrats, but I just don’t see this working out very well for Aggies.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He' right. We suck. You other sumbitches stay out of the state. We ain't got any players worth a shit.

Do you hear that all you dirt burglers?

Jimbo was getting all TX kids for this 2018 class but he got 2 players to sign from FL late I believe. Shocked I was. But the 4 star QB from Alabama chose AtM over FSU. He was like #12 QB in the class.

I hope Jimbo does well at AtM, but I'm glad we have Taggert instead of Jimbo going forward.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 kids from IMG in the top 10 -- zero from FL and TX. IL, SC, CA, and i forgot the other 2

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State University has never paid a Coach after he left.

Ed Wlliamson...was Director of Intramurals. When Doak Campbell said we would play football
our first year...we only had 6 weeks to prepare for our first-ever game. Williamson doubled duties
for one year and then stepped back. No money paid.

Don Veller...resigned at the end of the 1952 season. He became our Golf Coach

Tom Nugent...resigned for another job in 1958.

Perry Moss...coached only one season and took a HC job in pro football

Bill Peterson resigned for another job in 1971.

Larry Jones was fired after 3 season with cause (probation)

Daryl Mudra was terminated after two seasons. No extra money given.

Bobby was at FSU for 33 years. He received 5 million as part of his contract
arrangements and remained at the school as a fund raiser earning 2 million a year.

Fisher resigned after 8 years. His buy-out included him having to pay off the contracts of
all of his assistants that we didn't keep. We only kept one.
:suds: You guys need to teach the others how to get rid of guys.

But, that's also because you guys ain't got SEC money. They are richer than six foot up a bull's ass ya know. They've got so much money they can pay a shitpot full of money to guys not to coach. Fat Bret $12 million, Sumlin $10.5 million, Butch Jones $???million...and that is just this year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that 130 teams have expectations to win the national title every year or are you just being a little bitch because no one outside of College Station considers aTm a top tier program? I highly doubt that you will see a conference title, which is a much more reasonable expectation for about 100 of the programs out there, with Jimbo there. He played in a weak conference and many years had a painfully weak schedule. He had one real good team in the ACC and the rest of that conference was no good. If you are happy with him, congrats, but I just don’t see this working out very well for Aggies.
I said it when Aggie went to the SEC...A&M upgraded the other SEC sports a hell of a lot more than they did football.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 kids from IMG in the top 10 -- zero from FL and TX. IL, SC, CA, and i forgot the other 2
I was asking about the total numbers. What percent of their football players are from Florida in a given year.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty from Florida. IMG fields two teams a year. It's Blue Team, which travels the Country
and it's White Team that plays mostly 5A and below Florida teams.

They may not all be top 100 kids but they have Florida kids that get scholarships.
(That's why Florida HS Coaches aren't exactly fond of IMG) Neither IMG team competes
in a District. Both squads play as an Independent.

Now, the best basketball and soccer school in the country is Montverde Academy. Their
campus is right at 6 miles from my House. They're currently #1 in HS basketball and have won
3 NC's in the last 5 years. Their soccer program won 5 straight NC's. (Although nobody on
the squad speaks English.) The basketball team only has one Floridian on the team.

I wouldn't worry about the Academies that much in Florida. The public schools in Dade County
openly recruit and nobody cares. They move yearly. One kid, who's name I forget, played
in his 4th consecutive State Title game last year, with his 4th different team.

If y'all want to see "skill"people and I mean tons of skill people, come to Florida. They're
everywhere.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it when Aggie went to the SEC...A&M upgraded the other SEC sports a hell of a lot more than they did football.

I think aggy is going to wish they hired Chad Morris on the cheap instead of Fisher. He just stole a DE prospect they expected to sign......as well as a few others. I think Arky beats the crap out of them on the field this year too. When they have a winning record against aggy the next few years there will be chatter about this for certain.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree that the deal given Fisher was ridiculous. I could understand 5 years at 7.5 mil; but 10 years is just stupid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree that the deal given Fisher was ridiculous. I could understand 5 years at 7.5 mil; but 10 years is just stupid.
I’d rather do 5 years at 9.0mill rather than 10 at 7.5.