• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State AD calls Jimbo Fisher’s $75 million deal ‘so ridiculous’

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't mean the dollar amount is crazy, Ohio State can shell that out easily. He meant actively giving Jimbo Fisher 75 million is fucking crazy.

Why is it crazy?

Is it YOUR money? Does A&M not have the money? Did A&M go get the guy they wanted?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggie desperately trying to spend their way out of irrelevancy. Probably won't work, usually doesn't.

In the meantime, UT has locked up just about every top recruit from the state.

You sure did, in a year where A&M started recruiting late. But you have no coaches to develop them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A gentlemen:

Would you trade classes? | TexAgs

Notice the number of times they say "SEC ready" or how much they trust in Jimbo to take lower rated recruits over higher ranked ones as a sign of his evaluation acumen - as opposed to him getting the leftovers.

They do this every single year. No matter who the coach is. No matter who the recruits are. It takes a special breed to be that stupid, repeatedly, for decades.

cool story bro.

Remember last year when Jexas did the same thing A&M just did? Showed up late with a new coach, recruited late, and moved up the rankings on the last day but remained in double digits?

You should be more concerned about your never-done-shit coach and your schools reputation for turning 5 star athletes into 5th round NFL picks more than you worry about what is going on in College Station.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was at a legitimate program, yes he is worth it. If you are a middling program or below no. Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, etc absolutely worth it. Michigan State, aTm, UCLA, Pitt, etc probably not. I don’t know if there would be a real chance to get the depth needed to pay a coach as a top tier coach and only be able compete for a conference title once every four five years.

Funny. you put Texas in the "absolutely worth it" category and appear to base those that aren't worth it in that light because they only "compete for a conference title every four five years".

So please explain how Texas is "absolutely" worth it based on that. There have been what, 21 seasons of Big12 football? Jexas has 3 conference titles in that time. They average a conference title every 7 years. they last won the Big12 9 seasons ago.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. you put Texas in the "absolutely worth it" category and appear to base those that aren't worth it in that light because they only "compete for a conference title every four five years".

So please explain how Texas is "absolutely" worth it based on that. There have been what, 21 seasons of Big12 football? Jexas has 3 conference titles in that time. They average a conference title every 7 years. they last won the Big12 9 seasons ago.
Because despite the shittiness that is Texas football, they are still the biggest draw in the biggest hotbed of high school talent. They are still considered a big name. Did you also notice I said Michigan? They haven’t won an outright conference title since 2003.

Big name programs are going to pull some recruits by name alone. If you pair that with a big name coach, you will get top 5-10 classes. Then it is up to the coach to do something with the talent. If aTm wants to throw out stupid money to get a coach that’s fine, but a ten year contract is handcuffing you to a guy who just took a super talented FSU to a season where they needed to reschedule a midmajor team to just make a bowl game. I would be against Michigan State signing Dantonio or any coach to a ten year contract. It’s not an aTm thing as it is a second to third tier program doing it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool story bro.

Remember last year when Jexas did the same thing A&M just did? Showed up late with a new coach, recruited late, and moved up the rankings on the last day but remained in double digits?

You should be more concerned about your never-done-shit coach and your schools reputation for turning 5 star athletes into 5th round NFL picks more than you worry about what is going on in College Station.

LOL

OK aggy......thing is YOU don't even believe this

Our "never done shit" coach has a NC ring, and beat Fisher with his 5star players with his 2 star scrubs straight up on the field.

Aggy never gets it.......Texas will ALWAYS be able to recruit well, that's part of being a blue blood. Aggy will NEVER have that status.

Accept WHO you are. There will be years you will recruit well and win ball games.......but on the whole, you will never be seen as the premier program in state or nationally.

That's not a bad thing......it's just how things are. You guys aren't Texas.......you're Texas A&M. Little brother. Be proud of that. Stop expecting to eclipse Texas because it's simply not possible.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because despite the shittiness that is Texas football, they are still the biggest draw in the biggest hotbed of high school talent. They are still considered a big name. Did you also notice I said Michigan? They haven’t won an outright conference title since 2003.

Big name programs are going to pull some recruits by name alone. If you pair that with a big name coach, you will get top 5-10 classes. Then it is up to the coach to do something with the talent. If aTm wants to throw out stupid money to get a coach that’s fine, but a ten year contract is handcuffing you to a guy who just took a super talented FSU to a season where they needed to reschedule a midmajor team to just make a bowl game. I would be against Michigan State signing Dantonio or any coach to a ten year contract. It’s not an aTm thing as it is a second to third tier program doing it.

You can't reason with an aggy brain.......all this will either go over their heads or in one ear and out the other. They've ALREADY made Fisher a living legend in aggydom. He's ALREADY the greatest coach and recruiter of ALL TIME. He'll have Saban kissing the ring in a year or less.......and yes, that's on their boards right now. These people do not live in reality.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M is a big draw in Texas, and a big name school. We haven't had the success Texas has had on the field, but Jimbo gets criticized for winning with a rare talent QB but Texas gets a pass for doing nothing outside of a rare talent QB. I'm excited to see what Jimbo can do in Texas with the A&M name behind it. Does it mean we will out recruit Texas? Probably not. Do we need to? No.

The length of the contract you find absurd. I find it necessary to get what A&M wants. We have the money to spend, so who cares?

Besides, who has done more with recruiting guys Texas doesn't see fit to recruit than Jimbo?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

OK aggy......thing is YOU don't even believe this

Our "never done shit" coach has a NC ring, and beat Fisher with his 5star players with his 2 star scrubs straight up on the field.

Aggy never gets it.......Texas will ALWAYS be able to recruit well, that's part of being a blue blood. Aggy will NEVER have that status.

Accept WHO you are. There will be years you will recruit well and win ball games.......but on the whole, you will never be seen as the premier program in state or nationally.

That's not a bad thing......it's just how things are. You guys aren't Texas.......you're Texas A&M. Little brother. Be proud of that. Stop expecting to eclipse Texas because it's simply not possible.

You really are delusional. One day people will wake up and realize Okie Light, Baylor, TCU, and KState have done more in the last decade than "blue blood" Jexas has.

But keep worrying about A&M. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't reason with an aggy brain.......all this will either go over their heads or in one ear and out the other. They've ALREADY made Fisher a living legend in aggydom. He's ALREADY the greatest coach and recruiter of ALL TIME. He'll have Saban kissing the ring in a year or less.......and yes, that's on their boards right now. These people do not live in reality.

You are right, guess I should go down to Walmart and pick up a Jexas shirt so I can have as much tie to the school as you. Bandwagon from team to team, nutswing with whomever gives the most ability to talk shit to others on forums as necessary.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

See what I mean? He just proves my point with every post.

There was a time he wasn't on board with the Jimbo hire.......now he's fallen in line with the aggy groupthink.

No one here is saying aggy can't be a good, solid program. But they will never, EVER be a blue blood. That reality they simply can't process. They want it sooooo badly.

Little Brother indeed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest hotbed of high school talent is in Texas? :lol: I think Georgia had more top 100 recruits than TX. Florida blows Texas out of the water. Every year

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest hotbed of high school talent is in Texas? :lol: I think Georgia had more top 100 recruits than TX. Florida blows Texas out of the water. Every year
False.

Georgia has beaten out Texas the last 3 or 4 years......but not Florida. In any given year any of those states will be #1......they pretty much rotate

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

See what I mean? He just proves my point with every post.

There was a time he wasn't on board with the Jimbo hire.......now he's fallen in line with the aggy groupthink.

No one here is saying aggy can't be a good, solid program. But they will never, EVER be a blue blood. That reality they simply can't process. They want it sooooo badly.

Little Brother indeed.

I was against the length of the contract, but honestly who gives a shit about that now? He's our coach and the contract length is irrelevant.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This again?

Yeah Florida does well as their "high school" academies pay players from all over the US to come be "florida" recruits.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against the length of the contract, but honestly who gives a shit about that now? He's our coach and the contract length is irrelevant.

I don't really have an issue with the length, it's the guaranteed money. So if things go bad, like they USUALLY DO, you guys are fucked. Overpaying coaches, at any level, RARELY works out.

Guys get paid and get lazy. But hey, keep convincing yourselves you have to go beyond what every other winning program does to win, and you'll keep getting the same results. This is the path that led aggy to being one of the most cheating programs in history.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is a big draw in Texas, and a big name school. We haven't had the success Texas has had on the field, but Jimbo gets criticized for winning with a rare talent QB but Texas gets a pass for doing nothing outside of a rare talent QB. I'm excited to see what Jimbo can do in Texas with the A&M name behind it. Does it mean we will out recruit Texas? Probably not. Do we need to? No.

The length of the contract you find absurd. I find it necessary to get what A&M wants. We have the money to spend, so who cares?

Besides, who has done more with recruiting guys Texas doesn't see fit to recruit than Jimbo?
Well enjoy being handcuffed to a coach who probably won’t bring you to the desired results for what your expectations are.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Top Football Recruits

Top 25 ranked high school players
GA 5
FL 7
TX 2

Top 100 ranked high school players
GA 13
FL 21
TX 8

If you want to go to top 150 be my guest.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This again?

Yeah Florida does well as their "high school" academies pay players from all over the US to come be "florida" recruits.

Whatever excuse floats your boat man. Florida high school talent is far and away better than the state of Texas