• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio St @ Nebrasketball

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY. I don't normally bitch about that, but those last two possessions determined the outcome of the game.

It just seemed like when Ohio State missed they would miss bad enough that the ball would bounce 15 feet off the rim and they'd end up with an easy Offensive rebound.

All night it felt like we never had a chance. Even when we took the lead at the end. Just knew they'd somehow score.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, if Shavon doesn't have a freak fall......we might be tourney bound right now.

We're 1-3 without him. I think we could be 3-1 with him.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, if Shavon doesn't have a freak fall......we might be tourney bound right now.

We're 1-3 without him. I think we could be 3-1 with him.

I agree we could have been 3-1 with him but we are at best NIT team still. We are not close to NCAA right now even if we had Shields last 4 games

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we could have been 3-1 with him but we are at best NIT team still. We are not close to NCAA right now even if we had Shields last 4 games

If we would have went 3-1 over the last 4 games instead of 1-3 we would be right where we needed to be heading down the final stretch to make the tourney.

We would have been in position to make it in with 1 win in the Big 10 tourney. Now we have to win the tourney no matter what.

As far as the NIT goes, we'll probably have to win out and win a game in the tourney. Last year only 2 teams got into the NIT with under 19 wins.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically we switched spots by going 1-3 over the last 4 games.

Either way we would need to win out at this point and get a win in the tourney to extend our season.

It's just that we're doing it for the NIT now instead of the NCAA.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would have went 3-1 over the last 4 games instead of 1-3 we would be right where we needed to be heading down the final stretch to make the tourney.

We would have been in position to make it in with 1 win in the Big 10 tourney. Now we have to win the tourney no matter what.

As far as the NIT goes, we'll probably have to win out and win a game in the tourney. Last year only 2 teams got into the NIT with under 19 wins.

Not really that close. Our RPI is pretty bad (over 150 now) and I know that's not only measure to go by. It would have still only been one more win over a team that could make tourney in Wisconsin. Only other we have is @Michigan State. Ohio State isn't making tourney unless finish really strong and if they lose to us aren't making it without upsetting 2 of Michigan st (play twice) or Iowa and strong B1G tourney run.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really that close. Our RPI is pretty bad (over 150 now) and I know that's not only measure to go by. It would have still only been one more win over a team that could make tourney in Wisconsin. Only other we have is @Michigan State. Ohio State isn't making tourney unless finish really strong and if they lose to us aren't making it without upsetting 2 of Michigan st (play twice) or Iowa and strong B1G tourney run.

We fell 60 spots in RPI from our last 3 losses alone.

If we went 3-1 in the last 4 games then we'd be sitting at 16 wins right now with 3 games coming up that are possible wins. Win those and we're at 19 wins. Win 1 in the tourney and we're at 20.

We have the win at Michigan State to boost our resume, and we just plain have a good reputation. We would be in at 20 wins.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any year we reach 20 wins in the B1G we have an argument for the NCAA Tourney.

Now, 20 wins is definitely a bubble situation. There is no doubting that. But it is still 20 wins coming out of the best conference in the country, which carries weight.