• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Oh.......Problem's Brewing

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy solution for Brady's next deal is to give him a series of guaranteed 1 year contracts at the minimum salary with no signing bonus and a $30M roster bonus that becomes fully guaranteed on the first day of training camp. That way he gets a fair guaranteed payday every year he shows up to play, and the Pats aren't tied to any long-term dead money when he decides to hang it up.
Well, I am not sure there should be a next deal.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he has two more great years and still wants to play in 2020 what do you do? You have to franchise him, right? This would basically be the same thing, with more certainty for the team and the player.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he has two more great years and still wants to play in 2020 what do you do? You have to franchise him, right? This would basically be the same thing, with more certainty for the team and the player.
Well when 2020 rolls around it will be time to say goodbye to TB12

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if he has a good year in 2019 and wants to play in 2020, you're content to just let the greatest player in league history walk away to another team for at best a 3rd round comp pick in 2021?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if he has a good year in 2019 and wants to play in 2020, you're content to just let the greatest player in league history walk away to another team for at best a 3rd round comp pick in 2021?

Yes.

He will be what 43 / 44 years old and looking for a new deal? Hell yeah I let him walk or trade or tag him. Look there comes a time when it's time to let it go, this franchise has lived by that model. You give TB12 a new deal at 43 for what 2 years three years makes no sense to me.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeezz, Tom has one beer with Colbert and all of a sudden he's all SHOW ME THE MONEY!
I think he want's to be paid now not later and that's all.
I find the whole story amusing and put no stock into it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why I specifically said you set it up to go year to year.
Yeah you set it up that way but do you really think he is going to sign a deal like that? I DAMN SURE DON'T..

IMO this should be his last contract if he wants to get paid as a 43 year old QB let him explore his options.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I would think getting top of the market guaranteed money every year he wants to play would have to hold some appeal to him, though. Agree to disagree.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I would think getting top of the market guaranteed money every year he wants to play would have to hold some appeal to him, though. Agree to disagree.
I just think his agent will strongly advise against it, players tend to want multi year guaranteed contracts. I really think at 43 or 44 both sides need to look toward the future.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing the same thing this afternoon. People seem to think that TB is not restructuring on purpose to screw over BB. In the same breath, TB is screwing over himself and his team if he is doing that. I'm in the boat that he is done next yr and wants to get paid. Then again, NE could give him a huge signing bonus and create a ton of space. IDK. I do believe that some players are not happy with BB at all....I am curious how many other players on this team would have left, if they were in fact FA. Would DMC walk, Gronk, Harmon, Gillmore, Edelman??? IDK....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious how much of this "the players are fed up with BB" chatter there'd be if Shaq had blocked up Graham, Brady hadn't fumbled, and the Pats had driven for the winning score.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious how much of this "the players are fed up with BB" chatter there'd be if Shaq had blocked up Graham, Brady hadn't fumbled, and the Pats had driven for the winning score.

Good question. But, people put this loss on BB and the benching of Butler. If they win, very little chatter, but since they lost with scrubs (Badmossi, Richards and Chung out of position) people talk more. They should have won and people would still be pissed at BB cause it was close.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they had scored and completed the two points, it goes to OT. Some would still be upset.....I believe.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets just get a good year in 2018 and think about the rest later.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing the same thing this afternoon. People seem to think that TB is not restructuring on purpose to screw over BB. In the same breath, TB is screwing over himself and his team if he is doing that. I'm in the boat that he is done next yr and wants to get paid. Then again, NE could give him a huge signing bonus and create a ton of space. IDK. I do believe that some players are not happy with BB at all....I am curious how many other players on this team would have left, if they were in fact FA. Would DMC walk, Gronk, Harmon, Gillmore, Edelman??? IDK....

That is the thing is a restructure doesn't mean the player loses out on money. It just means they get the money more all at once rather than spread out over the contract. So unless this means that Brady doesn't want to add more years to his contract to then get a whole new deal then it doesn't really make sense for him not to restructure. He still gets paid the same just means he has a lower cap hit this year.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing is a restructure doesn't mean the player loses out on money. It just means they get the money more all at once rather than spread out over the contract. So unless this means that Brady doesn't want to add more years to his contract to then get a whole new deal then it doesn't really make sense for him not to restructure. He still gets paid the same just means he has a lower cap hit this year.

I understand that. Thing is, TB says he wants to play a few more years and that a new deal was coming. Brady has always restructured to make cap space when getting a new deal, he just hasn't done it this time. When Brady restructures or gets an extension, it's usually done before everything else. Lot's of folks around here are asking "why has he not restructured yet to help the team". This is where the "he's screwing BB over" comes from. For all we know, and I think it's true; this is his last yr, so no new deal needs to be worked out....So in saying this, watch them drop the extension today..LOL

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion that TB would intentionally screw over BB or the team is silly, he is way to competitive a person. I think this boils down to TB playing out this contract then hanging them up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More information came out Sunday as Boston Herald's Karen Guerigian shed a lot more light on what pissed off Gronk. According to her, Belichick called out Gronkowski on his TB12 trainiing as being inadequate to do his job. And he did it in front of the entire team. This happened early in the 2017 season and Gronk was getting pushed around on a regular basis by Patriot offensive linemen in practice. He pretty much told gronk that he needed to lift weights and not stretch elastics.

Fast forward to 2018 offseason and Gronk is wondering if Belichick really gives a shit about the health of players as long as they can play football his way? That's a pretty telling question, not only for Belichick, but for every other NFL head coach.

Gronk was pretty pissed off when the medical staff misdiagnosed the extent of his elbow injury a few years ago when it turned out to be much more serious that diagnosed. Gronk missed a lot of time and had to wear a bulky protective brace for more than a year. He had a serious knee injury that wiped out a season and the playoffs. And of course he's had three back surgeries in the past couple of years. Through it all, Gronk has worked with patriot Training Staff and the injuries have lingered and rehab has been slow and painful. In 2017 Belichick gave Gronk an Incentive laden contract that would pay him $11.5M if he met all of the levels of playing and production and all of it would kick in if he was named All-Pro. Gronk started working out with Brady and Guerreo and felt much better and claimed he hadn't had as much flexibility or speed in years.

The TB12 Method goes against the grain of the 100 year old National Football league's methods of training and nutrition. With Brady playing in the NFL at 40 years old, winning the MVP, throwing for 505 yards in the Super Bowl, it appears that the TB12 method has some merit and is starting to attract a large number of professional athletes who would like to prolong their careers.

The media has determined that they will never get straight answers from Belichick and are directing questions at Robert Kraft and the other owners. How much do they really, honestly care about the short term and long term health of the NFL players. First it was concussions and the fact that the NFL hid info for years and years. Now we're entering into an age of young,smart, educated players, some of whom have given up professional football after one year because of the threat to their health.

Where is this going?