• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

oh no not a 4th

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it make me incorrect? I never spoke of the law. We are talking about my personal beliefs.

Alcohol is a problem because of its highly addictive nature. I am not saying people shouldn't be allowed to drink. I am saying I have no sympathy for people who become addicted to it because it serves no purpose. When you become addicted to something prescribed by a doctor, I have sympathy.

Apparently, ignorance is an excuse because Comey stated that is why Hillary wasn't charged.

You stated that "Driving a vehicle while taking medication is not illegal." That is not correct - at least not totally. Sure - if someone took a small dosage of a drug then sure it may not be illegal. However - if someone takes enough of a dosage to impact their driving then they are subject to a DUI. Simply stating that someone had no idea about the possible impact is no excuse nor is it acceptable to state that at the time they were fine but the effects kicked in at a later time.

Not trying to give you a hard time - just clarifying the situation & again ignorance is no excuse (nor would anyone want it to be if the impact could result in injury or death). BTW - I also hope that you are not suggesting that prescription drugs are not addictive since nothing could be further from the truth (I am not trying to excuse either). In any case - you are more than entitled to your beliefs - peace.

Oh well - sorry to take this thread off on a tangent - it is the offseason - what do expect (besides non-stop Cousins talk).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated that "Driving a vehicle while taking medication is not illegal." That is not correct - at least not totally. Sure - if someone took a small dosage of a drug then sure it may not be illegal. However - if someone takes enough of a dosage to impact their driving then they are subject to a DUI. Simply stating that someone had no idea about the possible impact is no excuse nor is it acceptable to state that at the time they were fine but the effects kicked in at a later time.

Not trying to give you a hard time - just clarifying the situation & again ignorance is no excuse (nor would anyone want it to be if the impact could result in injury or death). BTW - I also hope that you are not suggesting that prescription drugs are not addictive since nothing could be further from the truth (I am not trying to excuse either). In any case - you are more than entitled to your beliefs - peace.

Oh well - sorry to take this thread off on a tangent - it is the offseason - what do expect (besides non-stop Cousins talk).

Where did I state driving while taking medication is not illegal? It isn't illegal though. If it impairs you, then yes it is. There are many types of medication and the warnings should be read.

Again, show me where I was ignorant. Where did I say taking all medication and driving is not illegal?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we still hammering this ? the OP was " OH No a a 4th " , not "drug addictions what worse over the counter vs illegal "

back to football fellas

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we still hammering this ? the OP was " OH No a a 4th " , not "drug addictions what worse over the counter vs illegal "

back to football fellas

Just defending what I said and didn't say. It isn't even about drugs at this point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just defending what I said and didn't say. It isn't even about drugs at this point.
look i get it , but lets wrap it up , no hard feelings ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i get it , but lets wrap it up , no hard feelings ?

Awwww Dad, just as I was finalizing the copyrights on this version of "Point....Counterpoint" a Stymietee YouTube production. Oh well, it's off to Walmart and the "Strange things you see at Walmart" 2017 edition.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I state driving while taking medication is not illegal? It isn't illegal though. If it impairs you, then yes it is. There are many types of medication and the warnings should be read.

Again, show me where I was ignorant. Where did I say taking all medication and driving is not illegal?

In the spirit of Skinsdad's request I am again going to agree to disagree. I appreciate your viewpoints & will leave it at that. Peace & HTTR.