• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

oh no not a 4th

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as star players begin to consider the Kirk Cousins/Trumaine Johnson year-to-year approach to the franchise tag, there’s a potential squabble looming regarding the total number of times a player can be restricted by the franchise tag.

The Collective Bargaining Agreement contains no express limitation on the number of franchise tags that can be applied to a given player. Article 10, Section 2(b) of the CBA arguably implies that a player can’t be franchise-tagged more three times.

The NFL Players Association would argue that the franchise can’t be used more than three times. The NFL declined comment on the issue.

Of course, the ability to use the franchise tag for a fourth time and the price of it are two very different propositions. With the franchise-tagged player guaranteed at least a 44-percent increase over his second franchise tender when tagged a third time, it likely would cost at least as much for a fourth.

So if Cousins, for example, were tagged a fourth time, he’d get a 44-percent raise over the 44-percent raise over $23.94 million. That’s $49.6 million for a fourth year under the franchise tag — which means it’s highly unlikely he’d be tagged a fourth time.

Could there ever be a player who merits a fourth franchise tag? If more and more players go year to year, eventually maybe someone will
who would just jump off a bridge if this happened LOL

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if redskins did give him a tag at 44 million for 1 year thats not disrespect right? just like we gave him a tag this year at 23 mill thats not disrespect thats not FO being morons thats the FO loveing kirk

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it's not about the money. I just wanna be wanted. Googled and fawned over. Told how great I am and even bowd down too... I ain't Rick James but I'm Kirk Cousins bitches... never been about the money. Geesh... just love me dammit.

Signed: Kirk Cousins.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, not another KC contract post!

I thought you were moving on? SMH.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no not getting into a debate just posted the cba rules

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned this very early on, in one of the numerous threads about Kirk Cousins. There are going to be a growing number of one (1) year contract leading up to the 2022 season, which is essentially what Cousins and others are currently doing. That said, why did I choose the 2022 season? Well because there will NOT be active professional football in that year.

OK Sty, what the fuck are you talking about?

In 2011 the new, 10 year collective bargaining agreement was signed. Basic math tells us that that this agreement expires after the 2021 season. I'm not sure how many, if any, of you have been paying attention, but in two of the less lucrative sports leagues players are commanding salaries that make those in the most profitable sport, the NFL, pale in comparison. This is not sitting well with current players and portends that future NFL stars won't be inclined to settle for anything less than a much larger piece of the pie.

To me, players like Kirk Cousins are merely frontrunners in what's sure to be the future of a league that comparatively underpays its' players. Could it be that Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder, knowing this, are now willing to pay for a fourth, possibly a fifth and sixth tag for their QB? Although questionable, in all honesty, Yeah it's possible, but that would also mean that this organization is willing to absorb the slings and arrows now in exchange for a future that sees D.C. as T.H.E. place to go for future NFL stars.

There are several stories on this, I've selected one and picked out an excerpt for you.

Payday Grumblings In The NFL | The Sports Awakening
www.sportsawakening.com/nfl/sherman-contracts

Excerpt: "While striking would be something that could get their attention and potentially make some changes, it unfortunately could end up being a moot point for the NFL players. The only way they could get more guaranteed money on contracts is with shorter deals. Other than that, simple math shows us that it is impossible to guaranteed all the contracts in the NFL as compared to the NBA. The NBA has an average of 14 players on a roster for 30 teams. The NFL has a roster four times that amount and that is not even including the practice squad players. There may be some guaranteed money that could be upped for the NFL players, but the simple numbers show us that their amounts of money will never reach the amounts the NBA get. No, there will never be a fully-guaranteed $100 million contract in the NFL. Heck, there may never even be a fully guaranteed one that is worth half of that. The reality is the numbers and math simply don't work out for those type of guarantees. Add in the fact that the NFL is the more dangerous of these two sports and owners would be crazy to even give a fully guaranteed contract."

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year contracts will end up being smaller because those FAs will end up not performing as well in a different system. Contrary to what some believe, players perform differently in different systems.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow sty thats some good shit .. i want do add i lisen to rush limbaugh and he said about 1 year ago the NFL will collapse BY 2024 and he gave 2 reasons .. 1. America as the genaration gets older football will be to dangerous and the gov will step in and banned it 2. Money for the league will rise the union will take control and go on strike for years intill every player gets crap load of money the nfl will not give in to there demands and nfl president gives them one last chance the union stays strong the president goodell comes out and says as of today the nfl is no more.. then the domino effect happens collage football will collapse same with high school by year 2030 no more nfl no more high school football ..new world league forms in sports by 2035 there will be like team usa baseball team usa basketball will play other country teams every year

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow sty thats some good shit .. i want do add i lisen to rush limbaugh and he said about 1 year ago the NFL will collapse BY 2024 and he gave 2 reasons .. 1. America as the genaration gets older football will be to dangerous and the gov will step in and banned it 2. Money for the league will rise the union will take control and go on strike for years intill every player gets crap load of money the nfl will not give in to there demands and nfl president gives them one last chance the union stays strong the president goodell comes out and says as of today the nfl is no more.. then the domino effect happens collage football will collapse same with high school by year 2030 no more nfl no more high school football ..new world league forms in sports by 2035 there will be like team usa baseball team usa basketball will play other country teams every year

The safety thing can happen. There is zero chance the NFL goes under because of a strike.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safety thing can happen. There is zero chance the NFL goes under because of a strike.
number 2 sounds far fetch nfl will just bring in scrubbs and start over i would think.. but keep in mind rush said this why obama and the libs was running this country etc etc

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
number 2 sounds far fetch nfl will just bring in scrubbs and start over i would think.. but keep in mind rush said this why obama and the libs was running this country etc etc

Oh, I like Rush but I think he is off here. Aside from that, most of the union makes league minimum. They can't afford to be out of work for multiple years fighting a battle when SCABs will come in.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You listen to Rush Limbaugh's junkie ass? Good grief, coach. Fuck what Rush is talkin bout. Everybody should be able to see possibility #1 as plausible. And naturally he's gonna blame the players for fuckin up football saying that they're greedy. Not the billionaire owners who attempt to hold cities hostage and/or threaten leaving city unless a brand new stadium is built all on the city's dime.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Limbaugh dude?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You listen to Rush Limbaugh's junkie ass? Good grief, coach. Fuck what Rush is talkin bout. Everybody should be able to see possibility #1 as plausible. And naturally he's gonna blame the players for fuckin up football saying that they're greedy. Not the billionaire owners who attempt to hold cities hostage and/or threaten leaving city unless a brand new stadium is built all on the city's dime.

Take away the billionaire owners football team, he is still a billionaire. Not one of them made their money as a football owner.

Take away a football player's career, and they become us, if they are lucky. Players have no discernible talents outside the sport as a whole.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away the billionaire owners football team, he is still a billionaire. Not one of them made their money as a football owner.

Take away a football player's career, and they become us, if they are lucky. Players have no discernible talents outside the sport as a whole.

You seem to be in favor of either paid athletes while in school or some sort of post career education ( if not earned during the initial attendance) Help me out...what's your position on this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is very easy to become addicted to pain killers . brett farve did and many ,many other good people have . now its ok not to like rush limbaugh but perhaps we shouldnt take cheap shots at his addiction . glenn beck suffered from addictions even local guy jim vance did at NBC , certainly not a bastion of conservatism

now that i have hypocritically done what i am about to say we shouldnt do , lets keep politics out and stick to football . this should be our escape from the BS . lets not invite it back in

and yes i am as guilty as the next guy in doing this so keep me in check too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be in favor of either paid athletes while in school or some sort of post career education ( if not earned during the initial attendance) Help me out...what's your position on this?

I am all for paid athletes considering the NCAA makes the money they do off of them. At least give them a stipend. Now this would virtually destroy collegiate sports because there would be only a few schools with all the money.

As for getting an education, I do believe it is wise; however, I don't think colleges should make academic exceptions for athletes. It actually makes the idea of college unfair because so few athletes continue to the professional ranks and few of them deserve the degree they received.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is very easy to become addicted to pain killers . brett farve did and many ,many other good people have . now its ok not to like rush limbaugh but perhaps we shouldnt take cheap shots at his addiction . glenn beck suffered from addictions even local guy jim vance did at NBC , certainly not a bastion of conservatism

now that i have hypocritically done what i am about to say we shouldnt do , lets keep politics out and stick to football . this should be our escape from the BS . lets not invite it back in

and yes i am as guilty as the next guy in doing this so keep me in check too

I'm down with no politics here. I already hear enough about these ass0s.

Favre became hooked chasing his iron man record. There's nothing noble in that. And it wasn't a cheap shot calling Limbaugh a junkie. That's what he was, but I will stop immediately if you can show me one piece of evidence of Limbaugh sympathizing for another drug addict.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down with no politics here. I already hear enough about these ass0s.

Favre became hooked chasing his iron man record. There's nothing noble in that. And it wasn't a cheap shot calling Limbaugh a junkie. That's what he was, but I will stop immediately if you can show me one piece of evidence of Limbaugh sympathizing for another drug addict.

I think sympathy for pain killers is different than sympathy for meth, or even alcohol.