• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Good Lord, now Ernie wants some attention

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Els is upset that Tiger is talking on a friday instead of a monday......he says he is taking attention away from the golf tournament on purpose.

I like you Ernie, but that just sounds like an attempt to grab some spotlight since you can't earn it on the course anymore.......that may seem harsh, but it's the truth.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats un-Ernie like... I'd like to see the actual interview to see what sort of context he said it in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea honestly Ernie is my hero.....or one of my heroes. When I read this I was like, why?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that kinda is the opposite of what Ernie was saying. Els supposedly stated that he would rather Tiger make his statement on Monday after the golf tournament is over so that people will pay attention to the tournament instead.

The Golf Writers of America just want to be able to ask Tiger a bunch of juicy questions and see him answer under pressure. In fact, it is almost like the GWAA is saying "we would like more attention focused on Tiger Woods' speech Friday, but if we can't put more attention on it, then we will purposely act like we are not paying attention to it."

It's this part that pisses me off..... "This is a major story of international scope. To limit the ability of journalists to attend, listen, see and question Woods goes against the grain of everything we believe." They act like Tiger owes it to us to answer our questions when in fact, the only one Tiger owes anything to right now is his wife and children.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to have an opinion on this Tiger thing and everyone is wrong to do so. I'm sick and tired of people saying that Tiger "owes" the public an apology. That he makes his living in the "public" domain. Sure, he does; but he didn't cheat at golf and he didn't cheat on any of us. We should mind our own fucking business. One local columnist in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette even went so far as to offer Tiger some "suggestions". One of those was to get rid of fist pumps when he wins a tournament and act like he has been there before!!! Are you fucking kidding me? Who the fuck is anyone to criticize ANYTHING Tiger does on the golf course. We all need to get a life.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A few months later, but it doesn't change the fact that all in this thread is a great display of excellence in perpsectives.

JJM - Love your honesty

SFNL - Could not have said it better -- just what I've thought, tried to convey and lead by example all along. You just placed a big "!"

You guys don't disappoint as gentlemen, golfers, golf enthusiasts, posters. Love the consistency. :)

Last edited: