• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oglesby makes 7 of 11

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3's in his first PTL action of the year. Great news!!! He can still shoot when it doesnt fucking matter if he makes it.... LOL. On a bright note Peter Jok is tearing shit up this summer and Dev went for 35-10 and 10 yesterday.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing Oglesby had better start hitting 50% of his threes or else he's going to permanently ride the pine behind Jok. All indications are the kid (Jok) can play and could even start game 1.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing Oglesby had better start hitting 50% of his threes or else he's going to permanently ride the pine behind Jok. All indications are the kid (Jok) can play and could even start game 1.

Thats what Im hearing too Clem, plus Jok is way more athletic and a better defender too. I think we may have got a real fucking steal with this kid. Kind of surprised he went from the number 1 recruit in the country his sophomore year to being outside the top 100 his junior year. I know he got hurt but you dont lose talent and he played GREAT last year. Good for Fran for sticking with him. Looks like it may pay off big time.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing up his knee twice turned a lot of people off. But, we don't need him to drive to the hoop. We need him to stretch the D when Gesell/Clemmons/Marble work it inside. This could be a special year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the size that Iowa has down low, all they need is a lights out shooter! Imagine this as one of the rotations for their line up Marble, Jok, JU, AW and Woody. That line up dwarfs NBA line ups.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the size that Iowa has down low, all they need is a lights out shooter! Imagine this as one of the rotations for their line up Marble, Jok, JU, AW and Woody. That line up dwarfs NBA line ups.

Im VERY interested to see what Fran does with the lineup this year. I think it became abundantly clear during the NIT that Dev is WAYY better when he has the ball in his hands and that Iowa is a better team because of it. Now what do you do with Gessell, Clemmons etc?? Mike may be able to adapt and become more of a shooter but cant see Clemmons doing that. Do you just give the point back to Gessell and hope Dev can improve his off the ball movement and shooting off the catch?? Or do you give your ebst player the ball and let him run your team??

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect to see Marble with the ball in his hands most of the time with Gesell playing the 2. Clemmons can come in and spell either. There are so many options this year, it's unbelievable.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't like Marble at point. I think he scores better when he's at PG; however, I don't think the team performs better with him dishing the ball. I always felt there was much better flow to the offense when Gessell and/or Clemmons was at PG with Marble at the 2 or 3. I hope Dev learns to move without the ball a little better in the offseason...if so, this could be a 25 win team. That assumes Woodbury improves quite a bit from last year.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marble needs to "TRY" to do less and just let it come to him. When he pressed, bad things happened. I think his talent got him more than it should have. He had costly turnovers trying to generate offense. If he just camps into the 2 and flows with the offense better he could average 20 +.

Even Jordan knew enough to not try and score 50 every game, can't wait for the season to start. Big Dance is in reach and a run is likely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this is a 25 win team regardless of where Dev plays. There's just too much talent not to be. I read an article on Woodbury, it said that he's put on 20lbs of muscle and is finishing around the rim a lot better, which was his week point last season. I've also heard that it has "clicked" with Olesani and he is killing it around the rim. Going to be a great year!!!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With more athleticism and weapons around Marble doesn't have to do it all every game. Gessell and Clemmons need to run the point and set up Iowa's multiple shooters. I see a lot of ISOs coming next season to take advantage of Iowa's height and 3-pt shooting. Clemmons is still the only player quick enough to create his shot when the shot clock is running down.

Next season should be a lot of fun and Carver should be really loud - all season long!! I could see Iowa being a 3 or a 4 seed next March.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really weird that we're all more excited about basketball than we are football...me included

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really weird that we're all more excited about basketball than we are football...me included

Its only weird for an Iowa fan to be more excited about basketball than football IF they are under the age of 30. Most people over that age have been alive long enough to remeber that the football program used to SUCK big time and the basketball program was where it was at. Hell Iowa is going through therir worst 15 year stretch in school histroy in basketball and the BB program still has as many conference "titles" in that time frame as the football program does. LOL.