• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason transfers

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Reeder apparently homesick and wants to play with his brother. Supposedly almost transferred before season. Good thing Cooper and BOwen got a lot of experience this year and Wartman is coming back. At least 1 freshman will get some PT as well, come on down Ferns.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daquon Worley transferring, RS FR reserve CB who was likely never going to see meaningful PT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there more to this then players and coaches leaving. Herb Hand leaving really got me thinking if there is more to the story. It's not like Shoop and Hand moved up the ranks but to the same position. Also they both said how they love to stay with psu so why switch jobs?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herb Hand turned down a different job the week before, he is very good friends with Malzahn and frankly, his style of coaching fits their system better. He made sure his job was safe before turning down the other job, so I'm guessing he saw writing on wall. He never moved his family from Tennessee, so I don't think he was here longterm either way. Shoop had apparently started having some issues with other members on the defensive staff and him trying to hold us hostage again didn't go over well with Franklin who told him no when he asked him to go to AD again for more $$$. Look at flip side, Terry smith has turned down 2 jobs, 1 a promotion to another college and 1 in NFL, Pry has turned down 2 HC opportunities, Spencer turned a job down to a prominent program last year without even mentioning the opportunity to Franklin or trying to get more.

As far as the players, Reeder, homesick, Lewis, 5-6 WR at best, Worley, never be more than a special teamer on this roster, I'm sure a couple more will go as well and anyone who doubted we were taking 25, well, we are.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also certain several more will get the "carefrontation" as Pat Chambers likes to call it, where they are told they are welcome to stay, but they will probably never see meaningful time and the staff will help them find a fit for them elsewhere.