• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to seem like Seattle will cut off it's nose to spite it's face. If you go off what some of the national writers have speculated or "sourced", Dallas has offered a 3rd round pick in 2019. Trading ET3 now guarantees a higher 3rd rounder than a comp pick, and a year sooner. Plus Seattle would get to save $8.5m this year, which is money they could roll over to next year's cap if they so chose. On top of all that, Seattle would alleviate themselves of this headache they have. I don't understand why Seattle doesn't make the move now, because unless they think they will be able to get a 2nd rounder from someone else, the Seahawks end-game makes very little sense at face value.
Well, they turned down a 3rd rounder in 2018 too. My assumptions is there are 2 reasons. First and foremost they don't agree with the fans and talking heads that are telling them they have no chance in 2018, especially with ET on the team and second they feel he is much better than a 3rd rounder. Remember, they can always trade him during the year if they start out poorly and for all we know they are indeed interested in keeping him beyond this year. They can tag him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they turned down a 3rd rounder in 2018 too. My assumptions is there are 2 reasons. First and foremost they don't agree with the fans and talking heads that are telling them they have no chance in 2018, especially with ET on the team and second they feel he is much better than a 3rd rounder. Remember, they can always trade him during the year if they start out poorly and for all we know they are indeed interested in keeping him beyond this year. They can tag him.

Well if Seattle thinks they are going to contend in the West, then more power to them. That team is a shadow of what it once was, with or without ET3, and they have a whole lot more work in front of them before they get back to resembling a contender. Now of course as you say they probably don't agree with my evaluation.

If we are taking Thomas at his word that he won't play without a new deal, which it seems like Seattle has no interest in giving him, then Seattle is setting themselves up for a messy situation with one of the most important players in franchise history. The franchise tag seems like a bad route to go for a team that is more than likely rebuilding the next year or two. but again, maybe they think they have a good football team...I just don't see it.

Just my opinion, but it seems like Seattle is more concerned with "winning" this confrontation than doing what is best for the organization. Of course I am a biased as hell Cowboys fan, too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has to report eventually or he won't be a FA next year. I suspect he reports before the preseason games start or at worst by week 1. I'm sure his mental state will be something that Seattle is concerned with, but the better he plays the more money he makes when he is a FA so I don't see him "dogging it"

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has to report eventually or he won't be a FA next year. I suspect he reports before the preseason games start or at worst by week 1. I'm sure his mental state will be something that Seattle is concerned with, but the better he plays the more money he makes when he is a FA so I don't see him "dogging it"

If he doesn't report, that is just as much a problem for Seattle as it is for ET3, IMO, because then Seattle is no closer to a resolution either - just a bad scenario all around. I could see ET3 dogging it some this season if he eventually does report. Maybe he makes a few more "business decisions" than he would normally in order to preserve his health for his next guaranteed payday? I think his value is pretty well established that his play on the field doesn't matter nearly as much as him making it through the season healthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no accountability sums it all up, doesn't it?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some instructional reading here... and screw Sirius XM.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Dez, I worry that you will just never get it

Dez Bryant goes on epic Twitter tirade by ripping Cowboys and Sean Lee, loves 'clueless' Jerry Jones

I really feel bad for this guy and do hope he signs somewhere and has success. I don't want to hear the stupid "Dallas made a mistake comments" from people that don't understand the situation and think he would have changed in Dallas too if he does, but I still wish the best for him. I really feel bad for him at this point
Dez may have to look to the CFL to get work. He is clueless as they come. Good riddance

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you trash Lee, you are dead to me Dez.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad for Morris, but I'm not sure he is in a spot to ask for much more than the veteran minimum. With the Jets he could win some snaps and maybe get a better deal next year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad for Morris, but I'm not sure he is in a spot to ask for much more than the veteran minimum. With the Jets he could win some snaps and maybe get a better deal next year

Morris will get a shot. He's a good back with low miles. He can be a little choosy at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary cap move. No reason at all we shouldn't be in the market for a solid starting safety
Salary definitely played a role, but it wasn't the whole picture. Wasn't Cincy the place Reid visited before his lawsuit? They also drafted a kid early this year. So they were looking

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said there is a lot to like about him. I don't think he will cost that much and I think he played both SS and FS with Cincy. Plus, he is from Boise State and we know how the Cowboys like that:lol:

Definitely a tire kicker IMO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said there is a lot to like about him. I don't think he will cost that much and I think he played both SS and FS with Cincy. Plus, he is from Boise State and we know how the Cowboys like that:lol:

Definitely a tire kicker IMO

A solid point not to be diminished.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what we needed...another guy that can't just STFU.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what we needed...another guy that can't just STFU.

pretty sure if Jerry was offering him the best paid contract he wouldnt even remember his disappointment for not being able to become a Cowboy earlier.