• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors vs. Northern Illinois

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second big recruiting weekend for Nebraska. The last one saw no commits (though Isaah Crocker almost committed and probably ends up in this class). Nebraska so far has 3 official visitors coming into Lincoln for the Huskers' tilt against the Huskies.

Bryan Addison [4-Star, ATH] (Gardena, CA) - Addison could play a myriad of positions at Nebraska. He could be a safety, WR, or even grow into an OLB in the 3-4 system that Diaco runs. He's going to be a tough pull away from the west coast as UCLA, USC and Washington are all on his list. Nebraska is recruiting him as an athlete, meaning they'll let him play what he wants. Chances he commits on visit? 5%

Kobe Smith [3-Star, WR] (Gardena, CA) - Smith is a teammate of Addison's and has been a WR target for some time for Nebraska. Nebraska wants at least two more WRs in this class, and while they would prefer to get some big bodied guys like Tommy Bush or Jalen Hall... Kobe Smith has the goods too. He's similar in build and style to Isaah Crocker, but Crocker is higher on the board. Chances he commits on visit? 5%

David Alston [3-Star, DE] (Saint Paul, MN) - Alston is a legit 3-4 DE prospect though he needs to grow into his frame a bit. I remain convinced that Daniel Carson will be the other DE in this class but Nebraska can't wait forever without building contingency plans. I think Alston is that contingency plan. Chances he commits on visit? 10%

Chris Curry [3-Star, RB] (Lehigh Acres, FL) - Curry is a current LSU commit but has been looking around. He's clearly the #2 back on our list right now just behind TJ Pledger. Getting him to visit is big but getting him to waiver on his LSU commitment could be monumental. Chances he commits on visit? 10%

Being an 11am game i doubt we see any more visitors than this, but if I hear anything i will update the list.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to tell them not to come. By the time they're juniors/seniors, the schedule will be too tough en sech.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added Chris Curry to the list... good talent coming in for an 11am kick actually.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiltfong thinks Alston will be trending for the Huskers after his visit, he also mentioned Parsons and that his CB flip to NU has more to do with osu and penn st both playing him as the bridesmaid holding out for other prospects, one of which was also visiting osu last weekend while Parsons was there, I think the kid got a taste of the real Urbs snake oil

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiltfong thinks Alston will be trending for the Huskers after his visit, he also mentioned Parsons and that his CB flip to NU has more to do with osu and penn st both playing him as the bridesmaid holding out for other prospects, one of which was also visiting osu last weekend while Parsons was there, I think the kid got a taste of the real Urbs snake oil
And then got called out by Urban and Herbstreit for tweeting that Urb should give their backup QB a shot :lol:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then got called out by Urban and Herbstreit for tweeting that Urb should give their backup QB a shot :lol:
I doubt that there's any osu fans left that have any fucks to give about Herbie, he throws shade at osu more than anyone but hey more power to him

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I missed the whole Parsons tweet. And Urban and Herbie what did they say??

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tweeted that they should replace Barrett with the backup (who I think is his friend or something?) while on an official visit at OSU. Apparently he got a talking to and then Herbstreit was tweeting about how he should keep his mouth shut. While true, probably not what you want to say to the guy you're trying to recruit.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Parsons stuff is interesting, I think Nebraska is trending well there actually. The tweet really worked out in our favor, it was a dumb thing to tweet but people got bent out of shape with it for no reason. Also, Parsons wasn't wrong, Barrett is a big reason OSU lost that game on Saturday. So we'll see what happens. I think it's between Nebraska and PSU right now. Georgia could sneak in there too.

I'm not entirely sure Alston will be able to commit considering the Parsons movement in our direction. We'll see, I have no doubt he might want to commit on his visit, just not entirely sure we take it right now. could be wrong, have been before.

Also, Chris Curry is no longer visiting.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4* 2019 OL

good to get him on campus, not technically an OV though since he's a 2019 kid.

It will be interesting to see where things go here, all of the reports have been good despite the loss but recruits rarely hint at a loss being an issue. If I was going to guess I would say that it really depends on the rest of the year. Riley is on the hot seat right now, I think those kids know it.