• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors (Dec. 9-11)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last OV weekend of 2016 comes up this weekend, this is who will be hear from what I understand:

Corrion Ballard (NYR JUCO S) - I put him in here even though the visit already happened. Ballard quietly made a visit to Nebraska Wednesday in a bit of a surprising move. Nebraska does need depth at safety for 2017 but it wasn't thought to be going the JUCO route. Ballard will also be visiting Oklahoma State and has visited Utah and Texas Tech. I don't expect him to be a Husker as he visited when all of the coaches were out on the road recruiting. If Nebraska REALLY wanted him at least Donte Williams or another defensive staff member would have been in Lincoln.

Gavin Holmes (3-Star, WR) - This is an interesting case as well. Obviously, Nebraska's top targets at WR are Joseph Lewis and Jamire Calvin, both of which have been looking good for Nebraska. So how does Holmes fit in? He isn't a bigger body receiver and also is a bit small. Nebraska might take three more WRs but I would be surprised. Right now I think he's Jamire Calvin's sub if Calvin opts for Notre Dame.

Isaac Slade-Matoutia (4-Star, LB) - The defender from Hawaii has a slew of offers but is visiting Nebraska this weekend supposedly. Nebraska hasn't had a ton of success in the islands lately but that could end with Isaac. He's got good feet, tackles well and moves well in space. Nebraska will give him the hard sell this weekend as he is at the top of their board Arizona seems to be the other school involved here... calling Dante Williams.

Ben Miles (3-Star, FB) - Miles will finally use his OV at Nebraska and hopefully get things sown up soon. His dad is out of a job, but won't be for long... could his dad take him with him as an automatic commit? I don't know, but Miles visiting (likely with Les) is a good thing.

Chuck Filiaga (4-Star, OT) - Nebraska finally got Filiaga to come take a visit. He plays a playoff game this weekend and then will hop a flight to Lincoln to take in the campus. Nebraska wants at least one more OT (they would take 2) and Filiaga is one of the highest rated uncommitted prospects out there. It seems that Michigan is the team to beat with Oklahoma right behind and then Nebraska. We'll see if the OV can make waves. And yes... Nebraska still takes Sarell if Filiaga wants in.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know that Michigan has room for Filiaga. They've got a ton of OL committed and likely have one more later this week.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updates on the visits:

Ballard - Odd situation here, haven't heard anything about him since he visited or before... it's almost like he never existed at all. Wouldn't expect any movement here at all.

Holmes - almost committed on his visit, loved it, but wants to take a few more visits before making his decision. Also just received a UCLA offer.

Slade - loved his visit, Nebraska is the front runner right now. Decision in January.

Filiaga - This one is interesting... Filiaga rated his visit to Lincoln a perfect 10 but hasn't said much else. Did Nebraska make enough movement here? I don't know...