• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 1/19-1/21 (2018 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a few visitors on campus but seem to be loading up the final two weekends as last second pitches come to play. Currently the class sits at 16 commits with 3 spots available plus 3 we can oversign by. I expect Frost to use all of his oversigning spots in this class which should get us to 22-23 commits by cycle's end. So who's expected on campus tomorrow? I'm glad you asked:

Jashaun Corbin (4-Star, RB) [Rockledge, FL] - Corbin was among one of the first players to get offered a scholarship by Scott Frost and Co when they took the job at Nebraska. The other early offer was Adrian Martinez and that worked out well for Nebraska. It's long been suspected that the former FSU commit likely ends back up at FSU but getting a visit this late in the game could be a game changer for Nebraska. Nebraska will take Corbin no matter what happens with Washington or Henry so they will most definitely roll out the red carpet for him this weekend. Other players: Florida State, Texas A&M

Tyrese Ross (3-Star, S) [Atlanta, GA] - Ross is an interesting prospect and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to campus at all. Nebraska really wants Cam'ron Jones and things are looking good there. While Ross is slated to visit, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make it in depending on how the Husker staff feels Jones commitment will go next weekend. Other players: Washington State

Joshua Ezeudu (3-Star, OL) [Lawrencevill, GA] - Joshua is a teammate of CB recruit Taiyon Palmer who visited Nebraska last week and Nebraska is one of a few programs in on both of them. Don't be surprised if Nebraska gives Ezeudu the full court press to be the final OL of the class (assuming Nebraska lands Bell) and use that to parlay a commitment from teammate Taiyon Palmer. Other Players: North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia

Nebraska was working on Michael Thompson, a 4-star DT from St. Louis to visit but it looks like he's going to go to Oklahoma.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just been told by a friend of mine that Nebraska has had every one of these guys scratched from the visit list this weekend. I'm not sure what that means exactly (whether we moved on from them or they moved on from us) but given the recent commitments of Jones and Watts as well as suspected incoming commitments from Bell and Cam'ron Jones the huskers have very few spots left and Ezeudu is not a take if Bell is N and Ross is not a take if Cam'ron Jones is N.

That being said, Corbin being a scratch could mean one of two things: 1. Corbin has decided he doesn't like Nebraska as much as his other options so he's not wasting his or the staff's time with a visit or... 2. Maurice Washington's transcripts look good and Nebraska feels good about landing the Under-Armour All-American. We'll see witch one it is.

At this point I think Nebraska adds Cam'ron Jones and Jarrett Bell within the next week and then gets a QB/ATH commit a RB commit (either Washington or Henry) and a DE or OLB commit to close out the class.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday, February 7 is national signing day.

16 more days of recruiting. If I can do calendar math in my head at 6 AM.

As always, thanks for the updates.