• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 1/13-1/15

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead period is over and the blitz to signing day has begun. Nebraska starts by hosting some interesting names this weekend. Here's who i know will be in town, I could be missing some as it's hard to know exactly what's going on after a dead period.

Guy Thomas(3-Star, DE) [Miami, FL] - Current Husker DE commit has had others sniffing around and has said he's a real soft commit to Nebraska. Getting him to Lincoln still committed is actually a big win for Parrella and company... solidify his commit this weekend and that will be huge going forward.

Jeremiah Hawkins (3-Star, WR) [Buena Park, CA] - Hawkins visited Nebraska on an unofficial before and since Cal fired their HC he's let other teams poke around a bit. I don't know where he stands as far want list so it will be interesting to see if we accept his commitment or if we wait for Lindsey and Holmes first.

Kurt Rafdal (3-Star, TE) [Carmel, IN] - The former Indiana commit takes his OV this weekend and is on commit watch. I would expect this to move quickly.

CJ Verdell (3-Star, RB) [Chula Vista, CA] - Verdell is the 5th visitor of the weekend and Nebraska looks to flip him from his commitment to Oregon. Nebraska has one RB commit in local product Jaylin Bradley but would like to take another to supplement the class. Verdell could be that RB considering Oregon just got a commitment from Darrian Felix.

Chris Walker (2-Star, OT) [Lincoln, NE] - An interesting development as many thought Nebraska would just take three OL in the class if they missed on Filiaga and Sarell but they offered Walker the same weekend they missed on both. If Nebraska REALLY wants him I think he commits. We'll see what Nebraska's interest level is or if they are just wanting to wait to see if the class fills up first.

Randal Grimes (4-Star, WR) [Las Vegas, NV] - So we got one commit from Lindsey out of Las Vegas and his teammate Randal Grimes is secretly visiting as well. Grimes has been committed to USC since April and Nebraska hasn't been all that publicly recruiting him hard but he has apparently liked what he heard enough to take a visit. Nebraska wants a bigger WR in this class... Grimes, Thompson, and Robinson fit that mold. Will be interesting to hear if the USC commit waivers.

Last edited:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want players that don't know if they want to be here. They take up space and get buried in the depth chart

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some rumblings of a 5th visitor for the weekend... don't know who though.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated, found out Verdell would be here, big get to visit by coach Davis. He really is a talented back.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is killing it

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update... secret visitor Randal Grimes added

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to Las Vegas on the 23, should I cruise by Bishop Gorman? I wasn't planning on packing my Husker Fists and the Top Hat, they do not compact well at all, but I could show up in Husker Gear.

Or would that put me in the creepy dude mode?