• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 1/11-1/13 (2019 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has about 5 spots left and they have a big visit weekend ahead of them to help them fill those slots. I like Nebraska's chances at landing Noa Pola-Gates and his cousin Matthew Pola-Mao by next Saturday but that leaves three more spots behind them. Nebraska wants a WR, a pass rushing OLB, and then the next best available player.

Looking at this weekend's visit list makes it obvious that the above strategy is what they are doing. Who's on tap? Here you go:

Steven Parker (4-Star, OLB) [Dallas, TX] - Nebraska hasn't had a ton of success in Texas this cycle but pulling Parker late would be pretty dang impressive. Parker was a long time Texas Tech commit but he decommitted when Kingsbury was fired. That's when Nebraska jumped into the boat. It seems that Nebraska, UCLA and Kansas are the main competitors. Don't look past Kansas, the position coach he committed to at Texas Tech now works for the Jayhawks. In the end I think it comes down to playing in the B1G or the Big 12 and wanting to either be a part of quicker rebuild or a part of long term foundation at Kansas. This will be interesting to watch.

Charles Njoku (3-Star, WR) [Wayne, NJ] - Njoku was a Missouri commit until about December, when he chose to re-open his recruitment. Nebraska likes his skill set and body size on the outside. UCLA is the other team looking at him.

DJ James (3-Star, CB) [Spanish Fort, AL] - James is currently committed to Mississippi State but didn't sign (obviously). Nebraska knows it needs help in the secondary but spots could close up fast, could James get in? I don't know, but I do think Nebraska wouldn't mind adding Pola-Gates and another Corner in this class.

Soni Fonua (3-Star, DE) JUCO [Salt Lake City, UT] - Fonua has been on Nebraska's radar since December. They like his pass rushing ability. Oklahoma State, Kansas and UCF are the other teams in contact. Nebraska wouldn't mind adding him, but I'm not sure they push too hard.

Of the four, Nebraska would definitely take Parker and Njoku if they wanted in right now. James and Fonua, I'm not so sure. I think they might slow play both of them a bit.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine since we are not hosting any major or any higher amount of DBs the staff feels good about Noa. Do you get that sense as well? Any idea on USC numbers or hosts this weekend that might show the are in need of one?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine since we are not hosting any major or any higher amount of DBs the staff feels good about Noa. Do you get that sense as well? Any idea on USC numbers or hosts this weekend that might show the are in need of one?

USC needs DBs... I don't think they get Noa. The staff definitely feels really good about landing Noa.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I herd De’Mariyon Houston (Oklahoma City)WR was also going to be in town this weekend, per LJS

edit- they updated that to 18 Jan

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I herd De’Mariyon Houston (Oklahoma City)WR was also going to be in town this weekend, per LJS

edit- they updated that to 18 Jan

If things go as the coaches want with Njoku I will be surprised if Houston takes a visit

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things go as the coaches want with Njoku I will be surprised if Houston takes a visit
That would be stellar is they finished out our WR class with him.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really hit it off with Walters big time... I think he likes the sexiness of UCLA unless UCLA offers on Sunday right after his visit I think this could move quickly.

Same could be said for Steven Parker... Kansas is a real threat, but Nebraska is a bigger name and his visit could be good enough to sway things.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really hit it off with Walters big time... I think he likes the sexiness of UCLA unless UCLA offers on Sunday right after his visit I think this could move quickly.

Same could be said for Steven Parker... Kansas is a real threat, but Nebraska is a bigger name and his visit could be good enough to sway things.
ucla qb situation is atrocious right now, I can’t believe Kelly hasn’t got a class qb yet for this year, Robinson hype did get him the numbers that his raking showed, he throws a nice hospital ball tho, if that’s what the kid want to sign up for ga head

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some visit updates: First... I don't think any of these guys pulls the trigger this week, they are going to take their time a bit but at the same the Husker coaches have let them all know that the spots are finite and it's first come first serve. Will be interesting to see how many guys they bring in next weekend. I don't think it will be many.

Steven Parker - Visit seemed to goal well, Nebraska really wants him... will visit him in home this week and try to get him to commit I'm sure. Again... Kansas is the team to watch with UCLA a bit behind them. I think Nebraska leads slightly for the moment.

Charles Njoku - Don't think the visit could have gone much better for him, UCLA is the team to watch. If they offer this week he likely visits, if not, I think Nebraska locks him up eventually.

DJ James - Think the visit went really well but James can afford to take his time here, visits Oregon this next week, still has a spot at MSU if he wants it and some others likely jump in. I could see Nebraska moving on if he doesn't give them an indication they are in front after this next week.

Soni Fanua - The JUCO DE... could be an OLB... loved his visit at Nebraska. Nebraska is the clear front runner right now, but they aren't going to wait around. If Fanua wants N, he's going to have to give up some official visits IMO.