• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jinder's credibility issues start with him going from a jobber to world champion in a few weeks. Then they continued with him having boring matches and cutting boring promos.

Seth was too good in the ring and too athletic for a chicken shit heel role as a champion. It's not that his credibility was ruined.. it just felt like a waste.

Miz is perfect as a chicken shit heel champion. The promos and feuds would be entertaining and the matches would be good as long as they're with the right opponents.

I disagree about the Miz. He should never ever hold a World title ever again. He's not believable and he needs constant help to hold on to said title. I wish people weren't so quick to dismiss 2011 as some sort of outlier. It isn't and giving the Miz a World title only repeats 2011 all over again. There's a reason WM27 season was so bad.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree about the Miz. He should never ever hold a World title ever again. He's not believable and he needs constant help to hold on to said title. I wish people weren't so quick to dismiss 2011 as some sort of outlier. It isn't and giving the Miz a World title only repeats 2011 all over again. There's a reason WM27 season was so bad.

As far as WM 27 goes I agree I still don't think Miz is the type of performer to headline a WM mainevent. He's not a 5 star match guy of a larger than life character. You need one of those qualities to headline WM.

I do think he's worthy of a title run. He's been one of the best parts of either show for a couple years now. He's good enough in the ring and can carry a feud on the mic

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bar to Smackdown. Gee, I wonder who is winning the Raw tag titles at the PPV Friday?

It’s very likely that Hardy & Wyatt are winning but WWE will probably play up like they did with Asuka that if they win they move and if they lose they stay. It’s also possible they could’ve done this is as a way to throw people off and make them think the bar is losing.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of the low key moves I love is Chad Gable to Raw. With the AJ and Daniel Bryan on SD who are great, undersized wrestlers Gable would have been a little redundant there. He can be that guy on Raw now. Plus he can play off Angle as commissioner and Jason Jordan when he comes back.
I'm really high on McIntyre as a main event level guy and Chad Gable as a world class in ring talent. Sami and KO are a little cold after the Shane feud dragging on too long but they're still big additions for Raw. I think the shakeup was a little closer in talent trades than everyone else does.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the low key moves I love is Chad Gable to Raw. With the AJ and Daniel Bryan on SD who are great, undersized wrestlers Gable would have been a little redundant there. He can be that guy on Raw now. Plus he can play off Angle as commissioner and Jason Jordan when he comes back.
I'm really high on McIntyre as a main event level guy and Chad Gable as a world class in ring talent. Sami and KO are a little cold after the Shane feud dragging on too long but they're still big additions for Raw. I think the shakeup was a little closer in talent trades than everyone else does.

How quickly do you think WWE will put American Alpha back together once Jason Jordan comes back from injury?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's been a heel tactic for a good 40 years now. Whether it be Flair, Hollywood Hogan, the Rock, Orton, Daniel Bryan during his first title run, or more recently guys like KO or Jinder, heel champs often get help to win/keep the title.

Other than a rare exception like Brock, heels are cowardly. That's how it's always been, and that's how it's always going to be.

Last edited:

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's been a heel tactic for a good 40 years now. Whether it be Flair, Hollywood Hogan, the Rock, Orton, Daniel Bryan during his first title run, or more recently guys like KO or Jinder, heel champs often get help to win/keep the title.

Other than a rare exception like Brock, heels are cowardly. That's how it's always been, and that's how it's always going to be.

Hate to burst your bubble, but everything I said is 100% true. Those wrestlers you listed didn't need tons of outside interference to win, like the Miz and Jinder Mahal do. Sure they got it on occasion but not to the level of Seth Rollins in 2015, Miz in 2011 and Jinder Mahal last year.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to burst your bubble, but everything I said is 100% true. Those wrestlers you listed didn't need tons of outside interference to win, like the Miz and Jinder Mahal do. Sure they got it on occasion but not to the level of Seth Rollins in 2015, Miz in 2011 and Jinder Mahal last year.

I think you're misremembering....

-Hollywood Hogan won plenty of matches via outside help. Not like this was a one or two time thing, as that was a big shtick of the NWO.
-How many times in the early '90s was Paul Bearer hitting opponents with the urn to help Undertaker win? More than a handful
-Randy Orton basically had a full year of help from Legacy to win matches when they were a stable a decade ago
-Daniel Bryan's 1st title run was full of him keeping the title via shenanigans (often w/AJ Lee's help)
-How many matches did Mr. Fuji blow dust in peoples faces to help his guy win? Countless...

And I can go on and on....how many matches did Flair win because the Horsemen helped? You think it was just a few? :nono:

You're acting like this is the first time heels started cheating to win....it's been going on for 40+ years!

Last edited:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they moved about like 85% of SD's midcard to Raw (also KO and Sami).

To Raw:

KO, Sami Zayn, Jinder Mahal (who lost the US title to Jeff Hardy), Bobby Roode, Breezango, The Ascension, Riott Squad, Natalya, Mike Kanellis, Baron Corbin, Zack Ryder, Mojo Rawley, Chad Gable, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (call up)

McIntyre is gonna be paired with Ziggler in a tag team (they beat down Titus Worldwide). Ziggler is boring af but this is actually a good move that could energize him.

Miz (sans Miztourage) is going to SD, the rest will be announced tomorrow.

They dropped the ball big time on this KO/Sami firing storyline....should've kept them away from WWE events for a few weeks and maybe even done something like having them show up at an indie event or two to create a buzz. Instead, they just have them show up on Raw the next night for a match and get signed to Raw a week late.r

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what they've done with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. I'm all for heel tag teams and they're playing the role great IMHO

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is going to be an issue with feet touching the floor or act like the rule is different and Lesnar won.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what they've done with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. I'm all for heel tag teams and they're playing the role great IMHO

:agree:

However, I don't think SZ has found his single's persona yet. He is good in-ring performer but there is something about him self promoting that doesn't impress me. I think KO is one of the top stars, especially as a heel.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is going to be an issue with feet touching the floor or act like the rule is different and Lesnar won.

Didn't see the tweets. Was pointed out right away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins and Finn should fight forever. Their match was great. If only it were for the Universal Title...

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

However, I don't think SZ has found his single's persona yet. He is good in-ring performer but there is something about him self promoting that doesn't impress me. I think KO is one of the top stars, especially as a heel.

They tried making him a singles star with the feud against Kevin Owens but they never took it as far as they could have IMO. Sami Zayn isn't the first guy they've done this with either.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that was a shit PPV. At least Miz/Rollins had a great match even if the winner was obvious.

And FFS, just put the title on Nakamura. Even if its just a short run, its better for his character and the story. You're just pissing your audience off with two non-finishes in a row

Last edited:

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that was a shit PPV. At leas Miz/Rollins had a great match even if the winner was obvious.

And FFS, just put the title on Nakamura. Even if its just a short run, its better for his character and the story. You're just pissing your audience off with two non-finishes in a row

There's no P in well.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that was a shit PPV. At least Miz/Rollins had a great match even if the winner was obvious.

Yea, even if they need to have Gallows and Anderson align with Nakamura, just give him the title to hold through around Summerslam (maybe lose to Bryan at SS or the MITB winner)...

And there was no point to Bryan winning over Big Cass, particularly by submission. It does nothing to help elevate Big Cass and Bryan didn't need the win.

Last edited:

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a PPV last night? Never would've guessed...

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful PPV, IC title Match and Elias segment were the only entertaining parts.

Theyve spent 5 years trying to make Roman the guy and Its still not working. It cant be said enough....Rollins or Braun should bethe face of WWE not boring Roman Reigns.