• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good Raw. Braun just destroying shit and then Rollins busts out the motherfucking curb stomp at the end of the show

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that Raw25 was quite the disappointment. The Miz/Reigns match was good and well executed, but the rest was a bit of a let down. And good lord, I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to be at the Manhattan Center. Those people got ripped off. Not sure what the point of having two venues was.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that Raw25 was quite the disappointment. The Miz/Reigns match was good and well executed, but the rest was a bit of a let down. And good lord, I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to be at the Manhattan Center. Those people got ripped off. Not sure what the point of having two venues was.

The fact of the matter is you can't fit a 25 year anniversary show on the same night as the go home show for a PPV. WWE was kind of in a bind because you can't push the anniversary show because it wouldn't fit and you can't move the Rumble back a week because it's never been done in February. I think it went about as well as it could and I know people expected the world but if you're being realistic that was the best you could hope for.

And while the Manhattan Center didn't get a lot of airtime during the show they had plenty of action. During the Raw broadcast they got a 2nd Crusierweight match, an appearance from Jeff Hardy after the Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt match, and after the show went off the air they had an appearance from Ric Flair, the Miz, & Seth Rollins. So while not crazy for a sub 2,000 seat venue I think it ended up alright for them.

Last edited:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fact of the matter is you can't fit a 25 year anniversary show on the same night as the go home show for a PPV. WWE was kind of in a bind because you can't push the anniversary show because it wouldn't fit and you can't move the Rumble back a week because it's never been done in February. I think it went about as well as it could and I know people expected the world but if you're being realistic that was the best you could hope for.

And while the Manhattan Center didn't get a lot of airtime during the show they had plenty of action. During the Raw broadcast they got a 2nd Crusierweight match, an appearance from Jeff Hardy after the Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt match, and after the show went off the air they had an appearance from Ric Flair, the Miz, & Seth Rollins. So while not crazy for a sub 2,000 seat venue I think it ended up alright for them.

The actual 1st episode of Raw was on 1/11/93 so they definitley weren't forced to celebrate the anniversary last night. I bet the goal was to get a bunch of lapsed fans to watch the week of the Rumble to try and persuade them to watch the Rumble itself Sunday.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe all the negatives that little theater are getting for downtime during RAW. Looked like an ECW setting with 1000 lucky people up close and personal to whoever showed. DX, Balor, Woken Hardy. I was thinking Jeff Hardy was going to do a swanton off the balcony.

Just caught some glimpses, saw Reigns get screwed, saw Shane get dropped with a stunner and be more out of it than taking a spot off a cage, Vince looked old, but he still had it.

Why didnt stone cold speak?

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe all the negatives that little theater are getting for downtime during RAW. Looked like an ECW setting with 1000 lucky people up close and personal to whoever showed. DX, Balor, Woken Hardy. I was thinking Jeff Hardy was going to do a swanton off the balcony.

Just caught some glimpses, saw Reigns get screwed, saw Shane get dropped with a stunner and be more out of it than taking a spot off a cage, Vince looked old, but he still had it.

Stone Cold did an interview in the back, appears to be web only. Still one of the top promo guys. It's hilarious.

Raw 25 exclusives: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin still loves to raise hell on Mr. McMahon

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

reverse-1312893219_what.gif

As I said yesterday

Im not suprised by this. I'm quite happy as a matter of fact.

We live in a society where they are rules and ways to live. It goes with work too.

They are people who try to bend them sometimes to our advantage (I admit that i am 1) and there are some who think that the rules don't apply to them.

When you do something on a tour bus.

When you r*pe a girl ( allegedly)

That makes me think that you think that the rules don't apply to you.

I sure hope that he takes this as a "learning lesson" but i highly doubt it

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just caught some glimpses, saw Reigns get screwed, saw Shane get dropped with a stunner and be more out of it than taking a spot off a cage, Vince looked old, but he still had it

Funny story about that segment. Sometime during it my 2 year old niece Isabella entera my room and climbs up to sit on my lap( i find sitting cross legged comfy).

She starts going on about how she cant find grandma( my mom).

So i get to part where I think Austin is gonna stun McMahon. I hit the pause button and got up/her off like my ass was on fire. I tell Izzy that we are going to find grandma.

Knowing how bad wrestling can be for violence and how impressionable it can be to young kids.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had it in the comment box before your's but got distracted and forget to check before I clicked post. Plus, it's not like WWE doesn't recycle everything, eventually. Usually multiple times too!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Rich Swann was cleared of all domestic abuse charges. No word as of yet if WWE will reinstate him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actual 1st episode of Raw was on 1/11/93 so they definitley weren't forced to celebrate the anniversary last night. I bet the goal was to get a bunch of lapsed fans to watch the week of the Rumble to try and persuade them to watch the Rumble itself Sunday.

Remember though that WWE books these venues at least two years in advance and so they were probably waiting until they were in the New York City market and perhaps last week they couldn’t book that week so they had it this week instead.