• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason and Draft Talk

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons have brought back defensive tackle Peria Jerry as the two sides came together to agree to terms on a deal Wednesday, the team announced

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to terms with defensive tackle Peria Jerry. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Jerry, 6-2, 295 pounds, was selected by the Falcons in the first round (24th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft out of Ole Miss. Despite missing the majority of his rookie season, Jerry has played in 64 games with 29 starts in his career. He has tallied 77 total tackles (52 solo) with 5.5 sacks with three passes defensed, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. Jerry enjoyed his best season as a pro in 2013, logging career highs with 35 total tackles (27 solo) and 3.5 sacks.

Falcons Agree to Terms with DT Jerry

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might just be the best return man to ever play the game, and now, Devin Hester is coming to Atlanta as the Falcons added the former Chicago Bear on Thursday

Falcons Add Prolific Returner Hester

Honestly I'm mixed...really depends on the G money because he hasn't been THAT guy in quite some time.

Funny story...the news broke here and the sportstalk on air guys were giving their thoughts, mostly positive and another on air guy that does a later show (from CHI) calls in to the afternoon drive show and says IDK about this deal and he's giving his reasons why...they make an on air wager...Hester gets 2.5 TDs either punt returns or kickoff returns for this season.

The guy from CHI (takes the under) thinks this is easy pickins. I think Hester will help, but I would take the under here also.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm mixed...really depends on the G money because he hasn't been THAT guy in quite some time.

Funny story...the news broke here and the sportstalk on air guys were giving their thoughts, mostly positive and another on air guy that does a later show (from CHI) calls in to the afternoon drive show and says IDK about this deal and he's giving his reasons why...they make an on air wager...Hester gets 2.5 TDs either punt returns or kickoff returns for this season.

The guy from CHI (takes the under) thinks this is easy pickins. I think Hester will help, but I would take the under here also.

I think he's going to return 4 at minimum and I can't see it being big terms in regards to cash.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but based on his recent history that would be huge...the last year of at least 3 (punt rtn & kickoff rtn combined) was 2011.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I heard the figure was around $26 mil open to buy heading into FA...not sure if that was enough either, but I think he made smart moves. I think the pick will be Clowney (he will make a call to STL if HOU takes a QB), Mack, or Greg Robinson.

After one week of free agency, a team-by-team look at cap space available | ProFootballTalk

This one from March 18th says $10,194,447

I would love a Greg Robinson pick. I just don't think Clowney will still be on the board by the time we get to pick. Mack would be a great addition as well to the LB core.

I don't know what to think about the Hester deal. $3 million per year for 3 million when our 3rd option at WR Harry Douglas is likely way better. 3 million for a return guy is a little expensive don't you think? I realize Julio might miss some time but in the scope of a 3 year time period that time will be pretty negligible (barring any future injuries *knock on wood*).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one week of free agency, a team-by-team look at cap space available | ProFootballTalk

This one from March 18th says $10,194,447

I would love a Greg Robinson pick. I just don't think Clowney will still be on the board by the time we get to pick. Mack would be a great addition as well to the LB core.

I don't know what to think about the Hester deal. $3 million per year for 3 million when our 3rd option at WR Harry Douglas is likely way better. 3 million for a return guy is a little expensive don't you think? I realize Julio might miss some time but in the scope of a 3 year time period that time will be pretty negligible (barring any future injuries *knock on wood*).

Clowney...I don't either, but with 10 picks TD will definitely call STL if HOU does take a QB. He'll try to move up.
Robinson imo has the chance to be the best OT of a pretty highly touted group. Has the strength already to be a starter and his feet are not bad, just needs work on pass blocking technique more than Matthews & Lewan. He's an athlete.

Hester...a reach imo, but if he adds stability to the position and makes one or two big plays, it's not a terrible move. With a salary is that high there can't be much bonus money with his age, likely a cut friendly contract if he's not working out.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it is wise to trade up again. We will need to be banking on a very solid draft if we do. Atlanta has been trading up a lot lately and those diminishing picks are starting to catch up to our depth in my opinion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester was especially dangerous on an indoor track. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a really nice year. He's not what he was just two or three years ago, but he's still easily one of the best around. If not still the best. However, his "greatest of all-time" in his prime days are definitely left behind him in Chicago.

Punters do still kick away from him though. So, he'll definitely be a good addition.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Hester addition.

As for the draft, Matthews or Robinson would be solid if they are there. Mack or Barr as well, I don't think Clowney will be there for us at 6 and don't see TD trading up and sacrificing other picks to do so.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Hester addition.

As for the draft, Matthews or Robinson would be solid if they are there. Mack or Barr as well, I don't think Clowney will be there for us at 6 and don't see TD trading up and sacrificing other picks to do so.

I don't think Clowney will be there @ 6 either, but I wouldn't rule out TD trading up just yet. Everybody (GMs) is going into their respective corner and hunkering down I think for awhile.

This will be an interesting draft because there are players at the top that fit the teams that are drafting at the top.

HOU needs a QB, they will get the pick of the litter.

STL needs a WR, they also will get the pick of the litter....imo if they're not greedy they can get their man @ 6 and pick up, at worst another 3rd rd pick from ATL.

JAX needs a QB, and they will get the 2nd off the board, but I can see them gambling and going for Clowney.

CLE & OAK...again, both need a QB.

Clowney is a great prospect, we'll just have to see how much better GMs think he his is than the position they need to fill the most.

It really just depends on the price...if TD could swap 6 for 2 and only give up a 3rd rounder and maybe a later round pick I get the sense they will make the trade...any talk of including their 2nd rd pick I think will squash the deal.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting...Soliai, a traditional 3-4 NT playing in a hybrid front for Mike Nolan/Mike Smith was deemed a misfit in Quinn's 4-3...yet another 4-3 team brings him in....this one probably won't happen.