• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason and Draft Talk

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did this draft generator for 7 rounds and here is my results.

Also here is the link in case you would like to do it. Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

R1
OLB KHALIL MACK
BUFFALO
R2
DE TRENT MURPHY
STANFORD
R3
OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON
TENNESSEE
R4
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE
R5
CB RASHAAD REYNOLDS
OREGON STATE
R6
OLB KASIM EDEBALI
BOSTON COLLEGE
R7
TE JAKE MURPHY
UTAH

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jake Matthews would be a great draft pick if he's though.....has a lot of football savvy and can play the OT position as good as anyone in the draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did this draft generator for 7 rounds and here is my results.

Also here is the link in case you would like to do it. Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

R1
OLB KHALIL MACK
BUFFALO
R2
DE TRENT MURPHY
STANFORD
R3
OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON
TENNESSEE
R4
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE
R5
CB RASHAAD REYNOLDS
OREGON STATE
R6
OLB KASIM EDEBALI
BOSTON COLLEGE
R7
TE JAKE MURPHY
UTAH

Good job...Mack...Steelers were at his pro day this week...his numbers are stacking for a top 10 pick I think.

Richardson would be a steal in the 3rd...top of 2nd is where I see him coming off...I would plug a S in that spot...Leadbetter is reporting locally that, DeCoud is not likely to make the squad...some talk about them signing Bryd, but I still expect them to go hard after an OT in FA.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job...Mack...Steelers were at his pro day this week...his numbers are stacking for a top 10 pick I think.

Richardson would be a steal in the 3rd...top of 2nd is where I see him coming off...I would plug a S in that spot...Leadbetter is reporting locally that, DeCoud is not likely to make the squad...some talk about them signing Bryd, but I still expect them to go hard after an OT in FA.

I hope Richardson would still be there in the third, but I doubt it. Mack/Matthews/Barr any one of those would be great at 6. I would love Byrd! Surprised at hearing DeCoud might not make it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Richardson would still be there in the third, but I doubt it. Mack/Matthews/Barr any one of those would be great at 6. I would love Byrd! Surprised at hearing DeCoud might not make it.

Nothing has happened yet with DeCoud, but Leadbetter normally has a good handle on the pulse up at Flowery Branch...I don't see them signing Byrd, but DeCoud is under the microscope big time.

I also get the sense the coach Smith is under a lot of pressure this year as well. Maybe it was him, and not Dimitroff that felt the OL was in good hands last year...new OL coach, Reynolds cut already. Too bad they have so much money tied up in Baker. I'm thinking they will draft or FA sign a LT and move Baker to RT which is something that Smitty has said publicly won't happen.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has happened yet with DeCoud, but Leadbetter normally has a good handle on the pulse up at Flowery Branch...I don't see them signing Byrd, but DeCoud is under the microscope big time.

I also get the sense the coach Smith is under a lot of pressure this year as well. Maybe it was him, and not Dimitroff that felt the OL was in good hands last year...new OL coach, Reynolds cut already. Too bad they have so much money tied up in Baker. I'm thinking they will draft or FA sign a LT and move Baker to RT which is something that Smitty has said publicly won't happen.

I've wanted Smith gone the last few seasons. This could be his last one, especially if we finish in the basement again, which I don't see happening. I like DeCoud, but would love Byrd, I hope we go hard after him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wanted Smith gone the last few seasons. This could be his last one, especially if we finish in the basement again, which I don't see happening. I like DeCoud, but would love Byrd, I hope we go hard after him.

One thing Blank wants is consistency and up until last season Smitty delivered in that area and imo that saved his job.

I'm a glass half empty guy on Dimitroff (I think he's blown too many big money FA signings), but I'm kind of the same with Smith...imo he's not going to beat Payton too often...the players do respond to him, play hard, etc. but he's just not that guy to get them over the hump imo.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Blank wants is consistency and up until last season Smitty delivered in that area and imo that saved his job.

I'm a glass half empty guy on Dimitroff (I think he's blown too many big money FA signings), but I'm kind of the same with Smith...imo he's not going to beat Payton too often...the players do respond to him, play hard, etc. but he's just not that guy to get them over the hump imo.

Agreed with most, but I for one, am a big fan of TD's. I like what he done as a GM so far. I like and dislike the SJax signing, only cause his concern of staying healthy. I still think we need to add another RB.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an hour and a half in and we've already made 3 signings!

The Falcons agreed to terms with free agent defensive tackle Paul Soliai, guard Jon Asamoah and defensive end Tyson Jackson in the first hours of free agency

Falcons Add Soliai, Asamoah, Jackson

Posted 51 minutes ago
jay_adams_falcons_1.jpg
Jay Adams atlantafalcons.com Twitter Jay's Blog
<H3>The Falcons agreed to terms with free agent defensive tackle Paul Soliai, guard Jon Asamoah and defensive end Tyson Jackson in the first hours of free agency
The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to terms with guard Jon Asamoah (pronounced AH-suh-MO-uh), defensive end Tyson Jackson, and defensive tackle Paul Soliai (pronounced SO-lee-i).

“We were focused on adding pieces along our offensive and defensive lines and I feel we were able to accomplish that today,” stated Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff. “We believe that Paul and Tyson will add stoutness and grittiness to our defensive front and will help in the run game. Jon is a solid offensive lineman that has started 41 games during his four-year career that will bring some ruggedness to our offensive front.”

Asamoah, 6-4, 305 pounds, was originally selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the third round (68th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Illinois. In four seasons with the Chiefs, he appeared in 60 games with 41 starts at right guard. Asamoah appeared in 13 games in 2013 helping the Chiefs average 337.3 yards per game, including 128.5 yards per game on the ground which was the 10th best mark in the NFL last season. Since becoming a starter in 2011, Asamoah helped anchor an offensive line that averaged 322.4 total yards per game and 132.2 rush yards per game which ranked second in the AFC during that span.

A Park Forest, IL native, Asamoah played in 42 games, including 37 consecutive starts at Illinois. He earned second-team All-Big Ten honors as a senior and was selected to the National Football Foundation's 16-man Scholar-Athlete team. Asamoah was awarded the 2010 Big Ten Conference Medal of Honor for his proficiency as both a scholar and as an athlete. He garnered all-state and all-area honors by the Chicago Sun-Times and was a two-time first-team all-conference selection at Rich East High School.

Jackson, 6-4, 296 pounds, was originally selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the first round (third overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft out of Louisiana State University. He has appeared in 74 games with 55 starts and tallied 190 tackles (138 solo), nine sacks, 12 passes defensed, along with 21 quarterback pressures in his five-year NFL career.

In 2013, Jackson helped anchor one of the top scoring defenses in the NFL as the Chiefs allowed just 19.1 points per game. Kansas City ranked tied for fifth in the NFL and tied for the AFC lead in scoring defense while finishing the season tied for sixth with 47 sacks. Last season, Jackson tallied 33 tackles (24 solo) with a career-high four sacks, three passes defensed, and three quarterback pressures.

A native of Edgard, La., Jackson played in 53 games with 39 starts at defensive end for the Tigers. He produced 122 tackles (55 solo), 27.0 tackles for loss, 18.5 sacks, 33 quarterback pressures, two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles, and 18 passes defensed. Jackson earned second-team All-SEC honors as a senior in 2008 and helped lead the Tigers to their second BCS National Championship as a junior in 2007. He attended West St. John High School where he was the Class 2A Defensive Player of the Year after leading the Rams to a state title during his senior season.

“We are pleased to add Paul, Tyson and Jon to our roster,” Falcons head coach Mike Smith said. “Paul has played for Coach Nolan in Miami and is familiar with our scheme, and Tyson is a good football player that will fit with what we want to do defensively as well. Jon is a physical, experienced offensive lineman that will add a veteran presence to our offensive line.”

Soliai, 6-4, 345 pounds, was originally selected by the Miami Dolphins in the fourth round (108th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft out of Utah. In seven seasons with the Dolphins, he appeared in 99 games with 62 starts while totaling 160 tackles (117 solo) with 4.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and 12 passes defensed. In 2013, Soliai logged 34 tackles (19 solo) with one sack, one forced fumble, and five passes defensed in 15 games.

Soliai played under Falcons Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan for two seasons in Miami (2010-11) when the Dolphins boasted one of the top defensive units in the NFL. In 2011, Soliai earned his first career Pro Bowl selection as part of a defense that ranked third against the run, allowing 95.6 yards per game and 3.7 yards per carry. He recorded 27 tackles, including 4.5 tackles for eight yards in losses and two passes defensed that season. In his first season under Nolan in 2010, Soliai logged a career-best 39 tackles (33 solo), two sacks, two passes defensed, and one fumble recovery. He anchored a Dolphins defense that ranked sixth in yards per game (309.3), seventh against the run (100.1), and eighth in passing defense (209.3).

Falcons Add Soliai, Asamoah, Jackson

</H3>

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we re-signed Babineaux as well!!

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to terms with defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux on a three-year contract extension. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with most, but I for one, am a big fan of TD's. I like what he done as a GM so far. I like and dislike the SJax signing, only cause his concern of staying healthy. I still think we need to add another RB.

I think TD has learned from his mistakes in the past...he's shoring up the guts of the team vs going for the big splash sexy picks...now that he's beefed up the DL and got a G...#6 is stating to look like OT if no deal is made for Clowney. I like Byrd, but glad he didn't splurge there.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TD has learned from his mistakes in the past...he's shoring up the guts of the team vs going for the big splash sexy picks...now that he's beefed up the DL and got a G...#6 is stating to look like OT if no deal is made for Clowney. I like Byrd, but glad he didn't splurge there.

And can't say I disagree with this plan at all. Like what he's done so far. Clowney or Robinson/Matthews is what we've been mentioning here all offseason, so i'll take that.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure we even have enough cap space to get a sexy pick. TD has gotten a little too cute in the past few drafts anyways. I like getting Babs back, I don't know enough about the other big guys we acquired though. It would be nice if we didn't focus our draft on skill position players this year.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent KR Trindon Holliday will visit the Falcons.

Holliday was a revelation after joining the Broncos in 2012, but struggled with fumbles and decision-making last season. He was in the middle of the pack in both punt- and kick-return average. Holliday would upgrade an Atlanta return unit that was middling in 2013.

If he can hold onto the ball, i'll take him. We can use an upgrade.​

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we even have enough cap space to get a sexy pick. TD has gotten a little too cute in the past few drafts anyways. I like getting Babs back, I don't know enough about the other big guys we acquired though. It would be nice if we didn't focus our draft on skill position players this year.

Think I heard the figure was around $26 mil open to buy heading into FA...not sure if that was enough either, but I think he made smart moves. I think the pick will be Clowney (he will make a call to STL if HOU takes a QB), Mack, or Greg Robinson.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also had Devin Hester in for a visit today, would love for hin to return kicks! Huge fan of his, have his SB edition Bears jersey!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to terms with cornerback Javier Arenas. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Arenas, 5-9, 197 pounds, was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round (50th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Alabama. He was traded to the Arizona Cardinals on May 1, 2013. In four seasons, he has seen action in 63 games with 12 starts, totaling 148 tackles (126 solo), five sacks, three forced fumbles, two interceptions, two fumble recoveries, and 22 passes defensed. Arenas also served as a punt and kick returner, notching 106 punt returns for 1,035 yards (9.8 Avg.) and 73 kickoff returns for 1,541 yards (21.1 Avg.). The versatile Arenas has also seen action on offense, scoring his first career touchdown on a seven-yard run in 2011. Last season, Arenas saw action in all 16 games for the Cardinals and posted 12 tackles (11 solo) with one sack. He returned 24 kickoffs for 493 yards and a career-best 21.4 yards per return average.

The Tampa, FL native appeared in 52 games with 28 starts at Alabama and became the first college football player to ever amass over 1,500 punt return yards and 2,000 kickoff return yards in a career. He posted eight total return touchdowns, including seven punt returns and one interception return falling one return score shy of the NCAA record. As a senior in 2009, Arenas started 13 games and earned first-team All-America and first-team All-SEC honors after helping lead the Crimson Tide to a BCS National Championship. Arenas attended Robinson (Tampa, FL) High School where he was a first-team All-Suncoast selection and competed in the 200 and 400 meters on the track team.

Falcons Agree to Terms with CB Arenas

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up...but no safety yet? Uh...DeCoud was released last week...I could see them going S in the 2nd.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Hester liked his visit to the ATL and left with a three-year deal! I'll post the official story tomorrow. Love Hester!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might just be the best return man to ever play the game, and now, Devin Hester is coming to Atlanta as the Falcons added the former Chicago Bear on Thursday

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have agreed to terms with wide receiver Devin Hester. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Hester, 5-11, 190 pounds, was originally selected by the Chicago Bears in the second round (57th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft out of Miami (FL). He appeared in 123 games, including 46 starts at wide receiver in eight seasons with the Bears. Hester is one of the most prolific return men in League history as he holds NFL records for punt return touchdowns (13) and combined career return touchdowns (19). He has totaled 3,241 yards on 264 punt returns and his 12.3 yards per return ranks fifth in the NFL history. Hester has also added 5,504 yards and five touchdowns on 222 career kickoff returns.

Falcons Add Prolific Returner Hester