• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason and Draft Talk

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we finished with the 6th worst record in the league, I really hope we can land Clowney there, we need help on that D line. Or we could protect Matty Ice by taking Taylor Lewan from Michigan for the OL, what do you guys think?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think Clowney will be the first non-QB drafted. You are going to have to trade up to get him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on CLE...I think HOU is going QB, STL has a solid DL will take Matthews, JAX is going QB...CLE would like to take Bortles 26th, but can't take the chance with MIN sitting there @ 8... OAK may take Barr, so imo ATL will have one or the other on the board @ 6.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we finished with the 6th worst record in the league, I really hope we can land Clowney there, we need help on that D line. Or we could protect Matty Ice by taking Taylor Lewan from Michigan for the OL, what do you guys think?

I'm mocking Clowney to ATL with Barr as the #2 guy on the board and I don't think there's any down side to taking Barr.

The 2nd OT off the board, or even the 1st off is not (should not) going to start on Matt's blind side next season...Baker comes back off injury to play LT while the 2nd rd pick eventually switches spots...Seantrel Henderson from MIA is a good prospect to develop...has more upside than the topshelf OTs in this draft imo.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Barr coming to us, him or Clowney would be solid picks.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gotta get O-line. Call me crazy but our defense will be heavily improved next yr barring more injuries

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes, with no injuries they will be. Really liked what I saw from Trufant late in the season. Think he will be a solid starting corner next season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gotta get O-line. Call me crazy but our defense will be heavily improved next yr barring more injuries

Matthews or Kouandjio are the 1-2 OTs in the draft...If TD picked either one, I doubt any Falcon fan that watched the last game would argue with the pick. The thing to realize is these are not plug n play LTs...they will likely play RT to start if recent draft history holds form. Still would not be a bad pick.

But you would leave Barr or Clowney on the board?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews or Kouandjio are the 1-2 OTs in the draft...If TD picked either one, I doubt any Falcon fan that watched the last game would argue with the pick. The thing to realize is these are not plug n play LTs...they will likely play RT to start if recent draft history holds form. Still would not be a bad pick.

But you would leave Barr or Clowney on the board?

That's a really tough decision, one we will ponder all the way up until the draft if it becomes a possibility. Our move mainly depends on what Oakland does.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trade up

For Clowney?

92.9 the game had this as a topic...Jamie Dukes (NFL Network also) who called the OL problems back in August has been more con on the topic.

STL wants Matthews who they can probably get at 6 or 7 they way the QBs are lining up...both ATL and TB need pass rush badly. No deals were mentioned that I heard but I would have to think swapping 1st round picks + a 3rd and a 4th would get STL's attention.

From listening to Blank's presser, he's not looking for glitz...I think ATL is going to stay @ 6 and take one of these guys...Barr OLB, UCLA, Robinson OT, AUB, or Kouandjio OT AL...3 potential starters ATL should get from this draft...I wouldn't risk that for Clowney, and I think he's going to be a good pro.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if TB moved up for Clowney.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really tough decision, one we will ponder all the way up until the draft if it becomes a possibility. Our move mainly depends on what Oakland does.

It will...OAK is always a wildcard in the draft. They can go DL, QB, OL, WR even...I'm mocking Barr to OAK, right now anyway.

I think STL is kind of the barrel tipper in this draft...Somebody could come after the #2 pick for either a QB or Clowney.

Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr are starting to look like locks to be off the board within the 1st 5 picks...Manziel probably vaulted into the top 10, worse case TN @ 11 I think they are. Jax can rest easy unless they are wowed by one particular QB.

CLE, MIN are looking at the 4th QB off the board who probably will be Manziel...could one of these guys decide to call STL about getting #2.

The point here is if the QBs do go early the chances of Barr or Clowney being on the board @ 6 goes up.

I said Kouandjio was #2...Robinson OT, AUB...he might be #2 after the combine.

IMO TD can't really miss with #6 unless he goes off the grid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will...OAK is always a wildcard in the draft. They can go DL, QB, OL, WR even...I'm mocking Barr to OAK, right now anyway.

I think STL is kind of the barrel tipper in this draft...Somebody could come after the #2 pick for either a QB or Clowney.

Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr are starting to look like locks to be off the board within the 1st 5 picks...Manziel probably vaulted into the top 10, worse case TN @ 11 I think they are. Jax can rest easy unless they are wowed by one particular QB.

CLE, MIN are looking at the 4th QB off the board who probably will be Manziel...could one of these guys decide to call STL about getting #2.

The point here is if the QBs do go early the chances of Barr or Clowney being on the board @ 6 goes up.

Which is exactly what we need to happen.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need OL!

Maybe we can draft a great DL in the first round but we need some very solid OL picks. VERY SOLID. Wouldn't hurt to spend some money on some OL FA's, too. Our current OL flat out

SUCKS.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need OL!

Maybe we can draft a great DL in the first round but we need some very solid OL picks. VERY SOLID. Wouldn't hurt to spend some money on some OL FA's, too. Our current OL flat out

SUCKS.

You're right...9 sacks to close out the season (an NFL record) hammered that home the everyone @ Flowery Branch I think...lol.

The Blank presser let me know that unless Barr or Clowney falls to #6, Matthews, Robinson or Kouandjio will be the 6th pick. I'm sorry I could not pass on either one (Clowney or Barr) of those guys...there will be a 2 or 3 OTs on the board @37.

Even if you got the #1 OT off the board, would you start him in front of Ryan? I wouldn't...Baker would start the year there and start the rookie @ RT and give him a few series @ LT through out the year, then I would move the rookie over there in '15...throwing NFL virgin LTs out there will get your QB killed.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need OL!

SUCKS.

Should try and pry Saffold out of St Louis, if he doesn't get franchise tagged, he may leave.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kiper put out his mock draft, has us going with Anthony Barr, LB out of UCLA. Between him and Clowney, that's who I mainly want.

Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft 2014: Analyzing ESPN Guru's 1st Mock | Bleacher Report

6. Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

The Atlanta Falcons must get pressure on opposing quarterbacks in 2014, and Anthony Barr from UCLA is the best pass-rusher available. Whether he plays defensive end or outside linebacker, Barr has the speed and strength to pressure the pocket.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kiper put out his mock draft, has us going with Anthony Barr, LB out of UCLA. Between him and Clowney, that's who I mainly want.

Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft 2014: Analyzing ESPN Guru's 1st Mock | Bleacher Report

All depends on the QBs...now with JM looking like a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick...the likelihood of one of the DEF pass rushers being on the board gets better and better. I've seen a lot more of Clowney than I have Barr so I tend to favor him, but Barr is supposedly quicker, but not as strong upper body...really interested in seeing how Barr does on the bench @ the combine.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on the QBs...now with JM looking like a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick...the likelihood of one of the DEF pass rushers being on the board gets better and better. I've seen a lot more of Clowney than I have Barr so I tend to favor him, but Barr is supposedly quicker, but not as strong upper body...really interested in seeing how Barr does on the bench @ the combine.

Like i've said before, either one is fine with me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i've said before, either one is fine with me.

Agreeing with you there...I'm not 100% sure they would take Barr is Clowney is off the board...Not that he's turning into Jerry Jones, but I'm getting the sense Blank will go DEF if Clowney is there...he wants a premier OT in front of Ryan...for Barr @ 6, TD and Smitty might have to do some selling that they can get the OT in the 2nd.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreeing with you there...I'm not 100% sure they would take Barr is Clowney is off the board...Not that he's turning into Jerry Jones, but I'm getting the sense Blank will go DEF if Clowney is there...he wants a premier OT in front of Ryan...for Barr @ 6, TD and Smitty might have to do some selling that they can get the OT in the 2nd.

Agreed. Really prefer Clowney and there is a chance he can still be there at the 6th pick. Barr, I think may get grabbed by the Raiders honestly. I would love for us to grab an OT, really like Lewin or whatever his name is out of Michigan, but we would have to fall back a few spots to take him, can't take him that high.