• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor can have plate discipline and still go for the fences.

I wouldn't try changing him a whole lot. I wouldn't mind seeing him be a little more selective, but you go messing with him too much and you could screw up what makes him so dangerous.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't try changing him a whole lot. I wouldn't mind seeing him be a little more selective, but you go messing with him too much and you could screw up what makes him so dangerous.

The challenge is to have him leave the reckless abandon at the plate, and focus on what he's doing in the field.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to change him a lot I agree. He can do that himself by being a little more selective and in time I believe he will do that by maturing as he logs time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Gallo just homered in the 7th

4-2 Rangers

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why they're focusing on extending Mazara now instead of Lucroy or Darvish.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why they're focusing on extending Mazara now instead of Lucroy or Darvish.

I don't think they're focusing more on Mazara than the other two. Lucroy has requested that talks be tabled, from my understanding. Darvish is very much still in play. With Mazara, they're just in a hurry to lock him up for longer so they can have a team-friendly contract when he starts mashing in a few years.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enemy Lines: MLB scouts size up all 30 teams

Rangers blurbs if you don't want to bother reading the rest:

Cole Hamels pitched great in that small ballpark over in Philly. If you can do that, you can pitch anywhere....

Yu Darvish came over from Japan with seven pitches, and they're trying to eliminate some of them because they think this had something to do with his health issues. If he's going to bounce back, this is the year....

Martín Pérez is the biggest question mark in the rotation. He has great feel, but he shows some apprehension, like he doesn't trust his stuff....

[Starter] Tyson Ross was a great signing, even though he's still recovering from surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. He had been outstanding before that...

Matt Bush has a power fastball and he's got a second chance. I think he's going to eventually be the closer....

Jonathan Lucroy is the best two-way catcher out there. He'll be tremendous for this staff. When they have to run Dillon Gee or A.J. Griffin out there, Lucroy's value goes up even more. If you're a marginal pitcher, catchers like him can make you average....

I don't want Rougned Odor to improve his plate discipline. I know we want guys to control the zone and walk more, but some guys you want up there hacking....

Other than Brooks Robinson, Adrián Beltré is the best third baseman I've ever seen, a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He's got great hands, the cleanest exchange, can throw from all angles....

Nomar Mazara's smooth, sweet swing reminds me of Carlos Delgado's—consistent, no wasted effort. He's going to hit for average and eventually power....

As much as I love Joey Gallo's moonshots, he swings and misses too much.
Darvish didn't seem to have too much of a problem staying healthy in Japan with all of those pitches. I am wondering if having that many pitches is too much outside of the box for this league and they are looking for an excuse to make him more mainstream. This league doesn't really appreciate those who are outside of the box a lot of times. By league I don't mean those in charge of the league, but the prevailing thought across all of MLB including our team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 28, 2017 2:20 pm
Rangers' Delino DeShields Jr.: Makes Opening Day roster
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

DeShields has made the Rangers' Opening Day roster, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The 24-year-old's role to begin the year remains to be determined, but he will indeed break camp with Texas. Wilson notes that DeShields has "looked like an everyday player" this spring and suggests DeShields should be the starter in left field. It's hard to argue when looking at the numbers, as DeShields has draw 14 walks in 70 plate appearances this spring (to 12 strikeouts) while going 12-for-12 on the basepaths. Jurickson Profar and Ryan Rua are the other top options in left.
I sure hope they don't mess this up by trying to force Rua, Profar and DeShields all into the lineup and thus make each of them get less playing time. I would have rather them keep DeShields hot at AAA until we need him due to injuries to other players. I also wouldn't mind him being traded for something we might need in another area.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had more rest in between starts there, to be fair.
He has mainly had TJ surgery and a few stiff necks. The TJ bug hits a whole lot of pitchers who only throw 2 or 3 pitches.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo with a solid day. Really hope this guy can get on track. He seems like such a great kid.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies have traded former Rangers prospect, Alec Asher to Baltimore for a PTBNL.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS ONE IS GREAT TO SEE!!!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ruas.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father Time is going to catch up with him at some point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone on here who would be interested in joining a fantasy baseball league. I am about to open it up to the public to fill the last few spots so I wanted to make sure none of you were interested. It is a roto league in Yahoo. The draft would be this coming Saturday morning.