• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you guys projecting for the starting rotation and the lineup so far?
With the lineup I would let Napoli, Odor, Elvis, Beltre, Profar, Rua, Gomez, Mazara, and Choo split time between the 8 lineup positions other than catcher. The other two bench players wouldn't get much time until injuries popped up if it was me making out the lineups. Every one of those 9 guys would get 144 starts if everything was split evenly. Of course injuries will keep that from happening, but I look at it as every one of those 9 guys deserve to play a good bit.

Until Ross comes back we are in trouble for the final 2 rotation spots I believe. There seems to be a sentiment that Gee and Hauschild make the rotation so we don't lose them. To m e Griffin is better than either of those guys. Cashner will get a spot eventually, but I don't expect too much from him. I just don't know how long they will go with him instead of Griffin.

I haven't decided yet on the number of wins I think this team is capable of, but I was thinking around 83 prior to the Napoli signing. I think my optimism over Profar's spring and the Napoli signing is being evened out by the springs that Choo and Hamels are having. I will probably eventually settle on somewhere in the lower half of the 80s.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N Nikon km km knob Mann's n m nun :'(bikini knob m n kn n nonuNion Benjamin ::) manning+ mnemonic km n noM :/ n hmmmm m km Nikki n

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the earlier hype of Gallo by Banister and JD seems to be showing up now in results. 5 for his last 12 with 3 strikeouts, 2 doubles and a HR. It was hard to understand their enthusiasm early on. Let's hope he can continue the things he has learned and light it up at Round Rock. After a horrible start he has his ST OPS up to .861.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave Diekman a hard time last year as he faded, but with his condition he lost 20 pounds during the course of the season. I heard him mention that the other day on the radio. That makes it understandable why he faded later in the year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave Diekman a hard time last year as he faded, but with his condition he lost 20 pounds during the course of the season. I heard him mention that the other day on the radio. That makes it understandable why he faded later in the year.

Hope Diek gets well soon! Not sure what can be said about why the rest of the team folded like a dollar store lawn chair but hope we have seen the last of that

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians right-hander Cody Anderson will undergo reconstructive elbow surgery and miss the 2017 season.

The AL champions said Sunday that Anderson, 26, has elected to have the operation after being diagnosed with a ligament sprain. He made nine starts for Cleveland last season and was expected to begin this year at Triple-A Buffalo. His loss hurts Cleveland's pitching depth.

This makes me wonder even more than I already did on why Gonzalez isn't under the knife.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ticket has it's staff in Surprise for the week and Norm was really espousing on how valuable Claudio is to this team. And he reminded me/us how close the Rangers came to putting him on waivers last season.

Here's a guy I had absolutely no confidence in two years ago, and yet today, he's a key cog in our BP. Good for him. Hopefully us too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta tip my hat to Norm today. They did a little bit of NCAA b-ball, but the rest of the show was wall-wall Rangers.

Eric Nadel was interviewed and he said the Rangers have used 105 players so far in ST. Wow. And he still honestly believes the Rangers are the best team in the West.

And Nadel was followed by Jon Daniels. And he said his biggest concern for the season is pitching depth. Not so surprising. And he'd like to see another lefty in the pen.

He feels like we've got a legitimate shot to keep Darvish beyond this season, and he also feels Yu/family really enjoy being in the DFW area. Also, he feels like Profar is going to have a good season.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He feels like we've got a legitimate shot to keep Darvish beyond this season, and he also feels Yu/family really enjoy being in the DFW area. Also, he feels like Profar is going to have a good season.

The thing I've read recently is that Darvish is a creature of habit, absolutely resistant to change. Given that he has a young family, and does apparently like the Metroplex, it could make a lot of difference. If the Rangers can make a competitive bid for him, it could work out.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Nadel was interviewed and he said the Rangers have used 105 players so far in ST.

Sounds about right. There are 3 levels of players that are in ST:

1 - The big names and the known names. MLB, AAA, and AA guys. For the most part, it's already pretty settled where they're going to start the season. Obviously a few of them play themselves up or down.

2 - The prospects. Youngsters and assorted players who have no shot at the big league club, but they bring enough to the table that they get a jersey with their name on it.

3 - The no-names. Players who are destined to be spares. They get a number in the 80's or 90's, with no names on the back and lots of repeated numbers.

There are way more Tier 3 players in camp than people realize. One game I watched had two #91's on the field at the same time. It's pretty funny.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Diek gets well soon! Not sure what can be said about why the rest of the team folded like a dollar store lawn chair but hope we have seen the last of that
I think we simply weren't as good as our record and it showed in the postseason.