• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NXT thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid show all around. There wasn't one match that I thought wasn't any good. It was an amazing show with quality wrestling the entire way through.

I usually crack a AOP joke....

But even they brought it.

I say 2 5 star matches (Galloway/ Roode and Auska/ Moon) 1 4.5 star (Almas/ Gargano) and the other 2 are 4 star

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asuka/Ember Moon?
That match blew the doors off imo. Both of them sold the moves perfect. A lot of near falls and action. Great finish and crowd response. Possibly one of the best matches I've seen this year imo. But I agree with @Judge Fudge and @The Klaw solid ppv across the board

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually crack a AOP joke....

But even they brought it.

I say 2 5 star matches (Galloway/ Roode and Auska/ Moon) 1 4.5 star (Almas/ Gargano) and the other 2 are 4 star
It's looking like Asuka actually finished that match with a broken collar bone.Makes that match that much more impressive mo.Sucks that she may be on the shelf for a bit 6-8 weeks seems generous. But hoping she has a speedy recovery . Shes a rare breed

Asuka suffers collarbone injury at NXT TakeOver

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is.

Im thinking that they might strip her of the Woman's tittle and give it to the winner of Mae Young Classic and build a storyline for Houston to have them battle for the tittle

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is.

Im thinking that they might strip her of the Woman's tittle and give it to the winner of Mae Young Classic and build a storyline for Houston to have them battle for the tittle
Im thinking they may go that route. Or possibly using it as a way to bring her to the main roster. While keeping her win streak and momentum in tact. Without actually losing the title in the ring

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is.

She will be back in time for the next Takeover event, which is usually the only times when the belt is typically defended anyways. She should have enough time to heal and defend it by then, so they're not stripping her, i don't think.

This also unfortunately means that Ember Moon will be staying in NXT for the time being, if I had to guess, because she was slated to be called up very soon. Now with Asuka out, they need someone at the top of the NXT Women's Division.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will be back in time for the next Takeover event, which is usually the only times when the belt is typically defended anyways. She should have enough time to heal and defend it by then, so they're not stripping her, i don't think.

This also unfortunately means that Ember Moon will be staying in NXT for the time being, if I had to guess, because she was slated to be called up very soon. Now with Asuka out, they need someone at the top of the NXT Women's Division.
I thought the pause Moon took at the end of the match. Looked a lot like she may be getting called up imo. There were a lot of rumors surrounding the two being called up. But as you said the timing of the injury was just very unfortunate. The good thing is Asuka is looking to be pretty positive. Tweeting her X ray signed victory bone

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bobby Roode is going to be on Smackdown now. I think it's a good move since there really wasn't anything else for him to do in NXT.

As for Asuka, since she's already run through the NXT roster, the next person I can think of to challenge her would be whomever wins the Mae Young Classic.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bobby Roode is going to be on Smackdown now. I think it's a good move since there really wasn't anything else for him to do in NXT.
Yeah, I'm happy that it seems like there's gonna be more and more big stars moving in to take over the roles of the guys who eventually get called up. You can let AOP go now that Fish/O'Reilly are there, and Sanity are still huge. You have McIntyre, Adam Cole, Lio Rush who was just signed yesterday, plus I'm sure several others who will eventually sign. Hell, give Eric Young a run if you have to. Give Nikki the Women's belt and have Sanity holding all the gold.

Unfortunately can't say the same for the women's division. If Billie Kay/Peyton Royce were really that good in the ring, they could give them a shot. I'd love to personally see Nikki Cross with the belt.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm happy that it seems like there's gonna be more and more big stars moving in to take over the roles of the guys who eventually get called up. You can let AOP go now that Fish/O'Reilly are there, and Sanity are still huge. You have McIntyre, Adam Cole, Lio Rush who was just signed yesterday, plus I'm sure several others who will eventually sign. Hell, give Eric Young a run if you have to. Give Nikki the Women's belt and have Sanity holding all the gold.

Unfortunately can't say the same for the women's division. If Billie Kay/Peyton Royce were really that good in the ring, they could give them a shot. I'd love to personally see Nikki Cross with the belt.
I'm thinking that they'll keep AoP down in NXT a bit longer. If the last Takeover show was any indication, I'm thinking that they'll do a 3 way dance with them, Sanity and Fish/O'Reilly at the next one.
As for Nikki, they can have her feud with someone like Peyton Royce or Billie Kay. I just don't think that they'd have her be the one to finally beat Asuka.
A feud that I think would lead to a good match up would be Gargano and Itami.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that they'll keep AoP down in NXT a bit longer. If the last Takeover show was any indication, I'm thinking that they'll do a 3 way dance with them, Sanity and Fish/O'Reilly at the next one.
As for Nikki, they can have her feud with someone like Peyton Royce or Billie Kay. I just don't think that they'd have her be the one to finally beat Asuka.
A feud that I think would lead to a good match up would be Gargano and Itami.
The rumors were Roode and Asuka were making the jump after Summer Slam. With the possibility of Ember Moon making the jump with them.Roode made the jump but Auskas injury threw a bit of a wrench in that. Triple H is huge on Asuka.He had her set as off limits for the draft.I don't see anyone taking the belt and her making the jump.They are putting a lot of emphasis on her winning streak.I think HHH wants her to carry that into her call up.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors were Roode and Asuka were making the jump after Summer Slam. With the possibility of Ember Moon making the jump with them.Roode made the jump but Auskas injury threw a bit of a wrench in that. Triple H is huge on Asuka.He had her set as off limits for the draft.I don't see anyone taking the belt and her making the jump.They are putting a lot of emphasis on her winning streak.I think HHH wants her to carry that into her call up.
Looks like you were right with Asuka. I was thinking they'd have her put someone over on the way out before she got called up. That's why I was surprised that they had her beat Ember this past Saturday.

I saw this blurb from the current batch of tapings:
This segment should air on the September 6th episode. A video package on Asuka and her incredible run airs on the tron. William Regal is in the ring and introduces Asuka. Asuka says she loves NXT and is grateful for NXT. Regal says she’s done nothing but defend the title with honor since coming to NXT and that she is one of the greatest champions in WWE history. Regal announces that Asuka and himself have begun negotiations with both RAW and SmackDown General Managers, but it is bittersweet as she will be stepping down as NXT Women’s Champion. The NXT roster empties out onto the stage to say farewell. Asuka says wherever she goes, NXT will go with her. Ember Moon walks out and offers and handshake, but fakes out and gives Asuka a hug. Triple H comes out and gives Asuka a bouquet of flowers and takes the title, introducing her one final time as the undefeated, 523 day reigning champion. Asuka takes her bows and poses with HHH on the stage to end the tapings.

I think that she'll probably end up on RAW since Smackdown got Roode and Benjamin. And also because Smackdown already has a bunch of women that they have a hard time finding segments for during each show.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you were right with Asuka. I was thinking they'd have her put someone over on the way out before she got called up. That's why I was surprised that they had her beat Ember this past Saturday.

I saw this blurb from the current batch of tapings:
This segment should air on the September 6th episode. A video package on Asuka and her incredible run airs on the tron. William Regal is in the ring and introduces Asuka. Asuka says she loves NXT and is grateful for NXT. Regal says she’s done nothing but defend the title with honor since coming to NXT and that she is one of the greatest champions in WWE history. Regal announces that Asuka and himself have begun negotiations with both RAW and SmackDown General Managers, but it is bittersweet as she will be stepping down as NXT Women’s Champion. The NXT roster empties out onto the stage to say farewell. Asuka says wherever she goes, NXT will go with her. Ember Moon walks out and offers and handshake, but fakes out and gives Asuka a hug. Triple H comes out and gives Asuka a bouquet of flowers and takes the title, introducing her one final time as the undefeated, 523 day reigning champion. Asuka takes her bows and poses with HHH on the stage to end the tapings.

I think that she'll probably end up on RAW since Smackdown got Roode and Benjamin. And also because Smackdown already has a bunch of women that they have a hard time finding segments for during each show.
I've been reading a lot of the same. HHH was keeping her and Roodevat NXT because they were carrying NXT at the time. But now she's at the point losing the title may not be as big a push. It almost hit the point there's more to gain from her streak. Than using her as a push. Moon basically got a push from the match regardless. They have the Mae Young classic to work off of.

The initial rumor was Asuka and Roode were supposed to debut on different brands following SS. If they move her RAW is a real possibility. When asked who she wants to wrestle the most. Banks and Flair was her answer. Both would be fun to watch imo. Could definitely see the scenario. Where she relinquished the title unbeaten. And they give her a Nakamura style farewell. With the NXT wrestlers saying good bye.

The injury was definitely an accident. Asuka and Moon are close friends. I believe they are room mates with NXT.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading a lot of the same. HHH was keeping her and Roodevat NXT because they were carrying NXT at the time. But now she's at the point losing the title may not be as big a push. It almost hit the point there's more to gain from her streak. Than using her as a push. Moon basically got a push from the match regardless. They have the Mae Young classic to work off of.

The initial rumor was Asuka and Roode were supposed to debut on different brands following SS. If they move her RAW is a real possibility. When asked who she wants to wrestle the most. Banks and Flair was her answer. Both would be fun to watch imo. Could definitely see the scenario. Where she relinquished the title unbeaten. And they give her a Nakamura style farewell. With the NXT wrestlers saying good bye.

The injury was definitely an accident. Asuka and Moon are close friends. I believe they are room mates with NXT.
I would also like to see her face Bayley again as well. They had a couple of really good matches last year at the Takeover's. And Flair would be a good match as well since she's really been persona non grata for the most part since she got drafted to Smackdown (although the past 2-3 weeks it's been completely understandable).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to see her face Bayley again as well. They had a couple of really good matches last year at the Takeover's. And Flair would be a good match as well since she's really been persona non grata for the most part since she got drafted to Smackdown (although the past 2-3 weeks it's been completely understandable).
I agree those were some great matches between Asuka and Bayley.I thought the first match where Bayleys body just gave out was great.The build up to the second where they had Asuka going heel.Really just made her look like a bad ass.That second match surprised me.It was one of the better matches i've seen. A lot of potential for some great matches in the woman division imo. The other thing is the woman division ihas grown stronger at NXT.With Cross,Moon,Riot,The iconic Duo and some newcomers making a real push.Along with the MYC giving iit an even bigger boost.Keeping Asuka down there at this point.May actually limit their growth at this point.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those were some great matches between Asuka and Bayley.I thought the first match where Bayleys body just gave out was great.The build up to the second where they had Asuka going heel.Really just made her look like a bad ass.That second match surprised me.It was one of the better matches i've seen. A lot of potential for some great matches in the woman division imo. The other thing is the woman division ihas grown stronger at NXT.With Cross,Moon,Riot,The iconic Duo and some newcomers making a real push.Along with the MYC giving iit an even bigger boost.Keeping Asuka down there at this point.May actually limit their growth at this point.

They also might be on the callup

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also might be on the callup
I cant say I would mind.I think we may all enjoy the new infusion and some new rivalries.With Roode called up do you see the Nakamura/Roode rivalry picking back up on the SD roster?

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thought here. Don't give Asuka the title back. Move her to Raw and leave her legacy as quite possibly the greatest NXT Women's champion in history. Don't tarnish her by making her lose because if you give her the title, you eventually have to make her lose in order to get called up again. It hurts her career and legacy if she challenges whoever the new champion is because she's either gotta lose or she's gotta win the title back, have a 2nd reign with it and lose it probably around Wrestlemania time. This is a perfect scenario where they can take the belt off of Asuka without having her lose and call her up to Raw when she's fully healed. NXT legacy in tact. Now she can create a new legacy for the WWE Women's title. It sucks that she got injured, but it might actually be the absolute best thing for her legacy as a women's wrestler. Just imagine, Wrestlemania time, Asuka has NEVER been pinned or submitted, she's never been beaten with a Women's title on the line, she's faxing either Sasha or Alexa or Bayley or whoever it is. She culminates her journey back from injury at Wrestlemania by not only winning the WWE Women's title, but cementing her legacy.

It's gonna be such a great story....if done right by WWE creative.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thought here. Don't give Asuka the title back. Move her to Raw and leave her legacy as quite possibly the greatest NXT Women's champion in history. Don't tarnish her by making her lose because if you give her the title, you eventually have to make her lose in order to get called up again. It hurts her career and legacy if she challenges whoever the new champion is because she's either gotta lose or she's gotta win the title back, have a 2nd reign with it and lose it probably around Wrestlemania time. This is a perfect scenario where they can take the belt off of Asuka without having her lose and call her up to Raw when she's fully healed. NXT legacy in tact. Now she can create a new legacy for the WWE Women's title. It sucks that she got injured, but it might actually be the absolute best thing for her legacy as a women's wrestler. Just imagine, Wrestlemania time, Asuka has NEVER been pinned or submitted, she's never been beaten with a Women's title on the line, she's faxing either Sasha or Alexa or Bayley or whoever it is. She culminates her journey back from injury at Wrestlemania by not only winning the WWE Women's title, but cementing her legacy.

It's gonna be such a great story....if done right by WWE creative.

Like I said earlier there going to give it to the winner or the Mae Young Classic