• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OFFICIAL:Miami Dolphins Week 17 Game Thread vs Cheatriots

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things Adam Gase wanted when he got this job is guarantee that he would be allowed to work and try and fix Tannehill before the organization would even consider moving on from him( not that there was reason to - despite what some idiot fans may think) -- So, AG has as much invested in RT and this job as does the rest of the organization -- So I doubt he would ever put him in harms way - He will only consider and send RT out there if he knows he is healthy and knows the risk of re-injury is slim to none. This is why I have faith Tannehill will come back eventually -- be it for this game or the playoffs. The injury is either not as severe as first thought or he has made great strides in recovery.

I think in the next day or so after the Fins have put in more PT and preparation time for the final game, we will know where he is at with his injury and what the approach for the game will be as well as for him and this injury.

Lets hope for a return soon.

Oh, btw, the Fins were a helping hand in the Ryan Bros being fired by the Bills - maybe we should consider adding both to the staff -- they would have more talent to work with here at least as far as our front line goes -- they can certainly be helpful to Vance Joseph -- the guy can certainly use it.
I can't see him killing Tanny either I'm sure that he'll wear a brace. Maybe he's hoping to give him a few reps then get him out. Maybe just screwing with belicheat...

I hate Rex I think that he's a blow hard and definitely not head coach material. I'm sure if he shut his trap and focused on D coordinator only he'd be ok. I just don't like him....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Reshad Jones and Tony Lippett who has come on as of late -- our front line has been the strength of our defense - so, I don't expect this injury to affect us to much beyond depth. Our front line will continue to be a strength while the backend will continue to be a liability

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports, Tannehill is back doing on-field work with the brace... keep hope alive

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports, Tannehill is back doing on-field work with the brace... keep hope alive
Yes that's great news it would be awesome if he was back for the playoffs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him killing Tanny either I'm sure that he'll wear a brace. Maybe he's hoping to give him a few reps then get him out. Maybe just screwing with belicheat...

I hate Rex I think that he's a blow hard and definitely not head coach material. I'm sure if he shut his trap and focused on D coordinator only he'd be ok. I just don't like him....

As a Patriots fan, I would be ecstatic if the Dolphins hired either/both Ryans.
Now that you are playoff caliber, it would be great if they stalled your improvement.

By the way, your secondary is close to the top in interceptions, your front 7 are at the bottom in rushing defense.
I expect we'll be running right at Suh, with Develin leading with the wham block.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring one or both of the Ryan boys would be bad move.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see V Joseph stay with the Fins. He is part of the improvement. I like what V Joseph has done with the team. He was good with the Bengals also.

Rob Ryan is not a good coach. Rex Ryan is a good defensive coach but I don't think that's what he wants and with V Joseph the Fins don't need him.

I like that AG will play to win today. This game is about making a statement to the Pats. The Fins aren't an easy win for them. I expect a physical football game. If the Fins secondary can stop the quick passes they have a chance. Stopping the Pats' run game is a top priority also.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see V Joseph stay with the Fins. He is part of the improvement. I like what V Joseph has done with the team. He was good with the Bengals also.

Rob Ryan is not a good coach. Rex Ryan is a good defensive coach but I don't think that's what he wants and with V Joseph the Fins don't need him.

I like that AG will play to win today. This game is about making a statement to the Pats. The Fins aren't an easy win for them. I expect a physical football game. If the Fins secondary can stop the quick passes they have a chance. Stopping the Pats' run game is a top priority also.

If I was a Dolphin fan, my biggest concern would be losing to the Pats might mean Marino and the rest of the committee starting to chime in on Gase. It could set you back big time. Marino is not a good influence on this team. Great QB but great QB's are not often good GM's. Look to see the same happen in Denver.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Dolphin fan, my biggest concern would be losing to the Pats might mean Marino and the rest of the committee starting to chime in on Gase. It could set you back big time. Marino is not a good influence on this team. Great QB but great QB's are not often good GM's. Look to see the same happen in Denver.....

That is the least of my worries. I have only heard that AG has full support from the team. Marino is respected but I think that he is viewed more as a figurehead here in Miami. There are no indications that Marino or other front office people want to fix something that's not broke. Plus it's clear that Ross has given AG a big vote of confidence.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the least of my worries. I have only heard that AG has full support from the team. Marino is respected but I think that he is viewed more as a figurehead here in Miami. There are no indications that Marino or other front office people want to fix something that's not broke. Plus it's clear that Ross has given AG a big vote of confidence.

That's great if you are correct.
Miami's problem in the past has been management by committee.
If Gase continues to get support, you'll continue to get results.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great if you are correct.
Miami's problem in the past has been management by committee.
If Gase continues to get support, you'll continue to get results.....

Too much change has been the downfall of the AFC East for years. The Fins need consistency to be able to compete. The Pats have had the same HC and QB for close to 2 decades. It's tough to compete with that. I think that AG is the future for the Fins. That's a very good thing for the team.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Ryan Tannehill, CB Byron Maxwell, LB Jelani Jenkins, TE Thomas Duarte, DE Mario Williams, WR Leonte Carroo, TE Dominique Jones.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance Joseph up for HC job interviews coming up soon , per reports

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins win toss and elect to differ, of course

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Fins D in full form giving up the first of many third down conversions

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field conditions are at an all time high at Hard Rock like never before due to the orange bowl... But that won't stop the Fins D from giving up 3rd down conversions

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methodical drive that ends with a score for the Cheatriots -- assist to the Dolphins coaching staff for differing the opening toss and the defense for looking clueless and lost like all season.

Its a good thing this game matters very little

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very Dolphins/With Matt Mooreish drive there